Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Pato said:

See you boys that are still heavy posting in this thread, what will you switch to when COVID's finally sorted?

Worth pointing out you've made 17,000 posts in two and a half years on here

37 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

The last ten pages had become more vitriolic towards a couple of posters I believe.

I liked the headsgone thread, always funny to read and takes you to some interesting things.  Can certainly highlight someone having a mare without it descending into abuse im sure

I know a few posters didn't like the thread, don't go into it then, if you're tagged its not a tractor beam, you have a choice.

Anyway a new one needs started.

P&B needs a strong heads gone thread.

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

When can we complain about it? The day before the game? After the game has been played?

I’m fed up of being told to just sit there and accept wildly over the top restrictions for... reasons. Every complaint is met with “nothing you can do about it so best just accept it”, a truly pathetic attitude that would’ve made huge differences to history if others had done the same.

You can complain about it whenever you want. And I can call it ridiculous whenever I want. There's no rules. 

For a thread that is obsessed with pointing out scaremongering and hysteria, stringing together 3 or 4 'if this happens and then that happens' statements and getting worked up about the final "then" seems to be exactly the type of thing we rail against and extremely premature.

That's before you even consider the "and if Leitch behaves like this, and then sridhar behaves like that, well then imagine that happened" tacked on the end. 

1 hour ago, Pato said:

Aye but I spread my nonsense all over the place. Last time I audited this thread, 50% of Todd's post history was in here for example.

“What will you lot who post all the time do when this thread disappears? Losers”

-  The man who spends time creating an algorithm to audit other posters’ thread usage.

7 minutes ago, madwullie said:

You can complain about it whenever you want. And I can call it ridiculous whenever I want. There's no rules. 

For a thread that is obsessed with pointing out scaremongering and hysteria, stringing together 3 or 4 'if this happens and then that happens' statements and getting worked up about the final "then" seems to be exactly the type of thing we rail against and extremely premature.

That's before you even consider the "and if Leitch behaves like this, and then sridhar behaves like that, well then imagine that happened" tacked on the end. 

A complete nothing answer then. Great stuff.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

“What will you lot who post all the time do when this thread disappears? Losers”

-  The man who spends time creating an algorithm to audit other posters’ thread usage.

A complete nothing answer then. Great stuff.

Just dinghy the content and dot it like you did the other night when I answered your question then mate. It's no big deal 🤷‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Tbf the people vaccinated are the only ones at credible risk of serious illness/death so should have been very concerned until recently. The curtain-twitching brigade in their 20s, 30s, 40s are another matter entirely, but I suspect they're in a distinct minority who can safely be ignored. You can't vaccinate against 12 months of paranoid hysteria so it'll take a while for that to wear off. 

The poll underlines the importance of credible political and civic leadership to say 'nope, enforced restrictions are ruinous to our society and are not happening one moment longer than necessary; get out of your boxes' rather than be led by the now irrational fears that public health messaging has stoked up. 

Edited by vikingTON

11 minutes ago, Pato said:

Am I to take it that you've posted a lot in this thread and feel unwelcomely seen?

I’ve probably posted in here quite a lot yeah, but I don’t mind you pointing it out. It’s just a bit strange to make a comment alluding to other posters not being able to live without the thread/website, when you clearly spend a fair bit of time (more than a lot of those in this thread clearly with your audits and 17,000 posts) on here.

5 minutes ago, Pato said:

I dunno man, posting a crapload on the whole of P&B isn't quite the same as posting a crapload in this specific thread. Whenever I dip in to this thread there seems to be a load of people losing their shit at whatever someone called Devi or Jason has said and posting big long spiels about what we should be doing instead blah blah. Folk must realise by now that they're screaming into the wind and it'll end when it ends regardless of what they think or how angry they are? I spotted Lex doing something like this in one of the politics threads, sticking his nose in, saying 'same dozen guys setting the world to rights, aye?' and fucking off and he's not wrong. I guess it's fine as a way to blow off steam and I'm sure that's what it is for many folk but there's some for whom it's become a bit compulsive.

Enjoy your night mate 👍