Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

See I don’t agree with this approach at all. Essentially you’re saying to wait until a mistake is made then complain about it, rather than look at trying to influence the decision making prior to it (yes I know, it won’t make any difference complaining before it blah blah blah).

If the plan is 25% capacity here when other less vaccinated countries are planning for full capacity then people need to make a fuss about it now as waiting until it’s happened is too late to do anything?

You don't see that suggesting that IF some other country have loads of fans and IF we have noone in hospital and IF we have 25% capacity and IF our borders are closed then we should be getting the HelenLovejoy.gifs out right now is a bit jumping the gun, given the fact that a month ago plenty were up in arms that we would have no fans at all, and that didn't actually come to pass. 

I mean, if you want to be a permanent seething mess about what might happen at the end of an unspecified number of if-then statements I can see why it might be an appropriate approach, but I disagree. 

Edited by madwullie

24 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Disagreeing with Todd's hysteria = Simp. 

Just in the past 5 days you've assured us of a clear sign of Sturgeon's support for passports based on a dodgy telegraph article. Turned out hysterical pish. 

A month ago you were up in arms that there were definitely going to be no fans at Hampden for the euros because of snpbad. More hysterical pish

If not blindly following what you say is simping, then so be it. If you want to extrapolate based on half data, rumours and speculation then batter in, but I'll continue to point it it's hysterical pish, and you can get upset and call me a simp by all means🤷‍♂️ 

Rent free

On 09/04/2021 at 14:48, superbigal said:

Daily Cases Update:  An excellent day in Eccose. Infections down another near 5% and infectivity down to 1.9%.  

The top 10 all drop which is good news.  Small rises in a few councils are insignificant.  Crisis in D&G where Dotty and Fred from Auchenshoogle have caught the Rona after nipping over the border to war torn Doon Valley and hugging their virus ridden Auntie Jean. There chances of Level 3 in a fortnight are seriously in doubt with this Infinity Percent rise.

Only now 2 councils in the UK above 100 which are Clachs 147.5 and Barnsley 104.9 

The English have done something to how they report which results in a large drop. https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/whats-new

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 1st April to 7th April  were  2331 now 2217 down 4.87%. Positivity was 2.0% now 1.9%.   Cases per 100k were 42.7 now 40.6

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average   37.3 to 32.7 down 12.33%, England 37.0 to 31.9 down 13.78%,  Wales  21.7 to 20.9 down 3.69%, Northern Ireland 38.2 to 34.9 down 8.64% & a couple of 🚌 and 🚔

NHS Progress  Forth Valley 70.4 to 65.9, Greater Glasgow  58.1 to 56.7, Lanarkshire  56.5 to 54.4, Fife 55.7 to 50.9  the rest all under Scottish average.

European (Above 2 Million Population) : Hungary 499 to 422, Serbia  515 to 414, Poland 470 to 391, Sweden 357, France 415 to 293, 

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

UK's worst covid hole club

Clackmannanshire  166.9 to 147.5

Under 100 Club could do better club

West Lothian 84.1 to 73.2 Great day down near 13%

North Lanarkshire  72.9 to 71.2   

Renfrewshire  72.0 to 68.1  

Glasgow City   70.8 to 67.9 

East Ayrshire   58.2 to 51.6 At last moving towards the South & North down over 11%

Stirling   53.1 to 51.0

Fife  55.7 to 50.9    

Falkirk    49.7 to 48.5

East Lothian  46.7 to 44.8

East Renfrewshire  37.7 to 40.8  

Under Scottish Average club 40.6

East Dunbartonshire  37.7 to 40.5

Dundee City 40.2 to 40.2  

South Lanarkshire 39.0 to 36.5

Moray 36.5 to 36.5

Perth & Kinross 36.9 to 34.9

Angus  37.0 to 31.0  Nice down 16%

Havana & Malt Whisky club Sub 30.0

West Dunbartonshire  25.9 to 28.1

City Of Edinburgh  26.9 to 25.9 

Aberdeen City  23.6 to 23.6

Aberdeenshire  22.2 to 20.3

North Ayrshire  20.8 to 20.0 

Midlothian  20.5 to 18.4

South Ayrshire  16.9 to 17.8 

Highlands  19.1 to 16.5

Inverclyde  11.6 to 12.9

Argyll & Bute  8.2 to 10.5

Scottish  Borders  2.6 to 3.5

Dumfries & Galloway 0.0 to 1.3  

Shetland Islands  0.0 to 0.0

Western Isles   0.0 to 0.0

Orkney Island  0.0 to 0.0  

Edited by superbigal

20 hours ago, Michael W said:

I'll say it again - you would look at this and never would you think we had an effective vaccine. 

Why are we still being treated like we're in May 2020?

See the post by ICTChris immediately before yours. The guy tweeting appears to know what he's talking about, and the modelling he's using and comparing with others like Warwick & Imperial are the kinds of things the Gov & advisers will be watching. 

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

You don't see that suggesting that IF some other country have loads of fans and IF we have noone in hospital and IF we have 25% capacity and IF our borders are closed then we should be getting the HelenLovejoy.gifs out right now is a bit jumping the gun, given the fact that a month ago plenty were up in arms that we would have no fans at all, and that didn't actually come to pass. 

I mean, if you want to be a permanent seething mess about what might happen at the end of an unspecified number of if-then statements I can see why it might be an appropriate approach, but I disagree. 

When can we complain about it? The day before the game? After the game has been played?

I’m fed up of being told to just sit there and accept wildly over the top restrictions for... reasons. Every complaint is met with “nothing you can do about it so best just accept it”, a truly pathetic attitude that would’ve made huge differences to history if others had done the same.

25 minutes ago, Pato said:

See you boys that are still heavy posting in this thread, what will you switch to when COVID's finally sorted?

I assume that given people will actually be allowed to do things, they’ll probably spend less time sitting indoors reading and posting on Pie & Bovril tbh.

26 minutes ago, Pato said:

See you boys that are still heavy posting in this thread, what will you switch to when COVID's finally sorted?

I remember a Final Fantasy where the reveal is that one of the party has been deid the entire time and has just been clinging on for a variety of reasons including seeing it through and spite. I imagine Todd is like that. When all restrictions are lifted he'll just dematerialise and disappear from the forum.

3 minutes ago, Pato said:

Oh no no no no no. There is something pathological at work here.

I think you’re probably looking into it a little bit too much. I’ve undoubtedly spent significantly more time on P&B this last year than ever before, purely because the Covid thread is useful for getting updated stats and news, and there is fucking nothing else to do for any great length of time currently.

3 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

I think we gave a record number of second doeses yesterday. I'm sure I saw it was over 400k odd.

I always expected vaccine numbers to be lower this month given the expected supply issues. Hopefully Moderna will be available in the next couple of weeks and we can start properly battering through them again.

There was a huge drop over the Easter weekend and early part of this week, but in the UK over 500,000 reported yesterday and a bit higher again today.

England are really ramping up on their second doses but now doing very few 1st in comparison to rest of UK.

Eng    62,274 1st / 404,206 2nd  
Sco    17,947 / 26,887
Wal    19,194 / 11,160
N.I.       7,463 / 7,883

Percentage of population vaccinated
Eng    47.9% / 10.2%  
Sco    48.3% / 10.0%
Wal    49.3% / 16.1%
N.I.       42.9& / 10.0%

40 minutes ago, Pato said:

Wait and see - once this dies down the same crowd will be mashing the keyboard about I dunno whether ice cream vans in winter are really selling ice cream or something

I can confirm they are.  My son just popped out in the snow to the van. Since when did it cost £2.50 for a fecking cone with a flake !!

No wonder they do not need to sell drugs or single tabs, no need at that price.  

17 minutes ago, superbigal said:

can confirm they are.  My son just popped out in the snow to the van. Since when did it cost £2.50 for a fecking cone with a flake !!

I think half the profit of a 99 is going towards a Prince Philip memorial garden.