Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I only know one person that thinks we’re going too fast, anyone else I’ve spoken to either mates, colleagues or customers are absolutely desperate for these restrictions to be binned. Where are they finding these people?? 
My work .... we had a teams meeting to discuss restarting some of the services that have been shelved just before Easter. Just about got my head bitten off and was accused of "seriously musjudging the mood" when putting forward plans that might see a restart to roles that involve being out in the field so to speak. It was like a pack of dogs I was shouted down in minutes. Think I only had support of 6 out of about 70 odd staff. Some were in tears and they were nearly all under 40s greetin. Unfortunately my two superiors were vocally in the "too soon" camp.

What kind of knicker wetters want stricter restrictions? These p***ks should be sent to Ailsa Craig to live in isolation and in fear of nothing more than Gannet and Puffin shit. How did they manage to leave their front door pre March 2020? 
It's the majority of the country still though going by any of these polls. While restrictions have cross party political support and retain a majority of public support it's nigh on impossible to gain any leverage on this. You just need to see how high compliance is still, very little pushback so far.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
11 minutes ago, Scosha said:
I only know one person that thinks we’re going too fast, anyone else I’ve spoken to either mates, colleagues or customers are absolutely desperate for these restrictions to be binned. Where are they finding these people?? 

My work .... we had a teams meeting to discuss restarting some of the services that have been shelved just before Easter. Just about got my head bitten off and was accused of "seriously musjudging the mood" when putting forward plans that might see a restart to roles that involve being out in the field so to speak. It was like a pack of dogs I was shouted down in minutes. Think I only had support of 6 out of about 70 odd staff. Some were in tears and they were nearly all under 40s greetin. Unfortunately my two superiors were vocally in the "too soon" camp.

Set fire to your workplace. Unbelievable.

Is your workplace full of old Tories?

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What kind of knicker wetters want stricter restrictions? These p***ks should be sent to Ailsa Craig to live in isolation and in fear of nothing more than Gannet and Puffin shit. How did they manage to leave their front door pre March 2020? 

I think there needs to be context. Is it meaning stricter regulations than now, or a more gradual easing? Or does it mean in general, preferring a party who err on the side of caution (were there to be another pandemic, for instance)?

I'd love to be able to legally travel the 20 minutes to visit my parents, or for my friend who lives 5 miles away to feel able to come and visit me in my authority. This time of year, I'd usually be hitting up some walks/Munros, with it being the Easter holiday. I'd like that opportunity to literally go and socially distance miles away from nearly everyone else on the planet (albeit I guess easing a nationwide travel ban may have some extra risk attached).

The fives one is a given but there's clearly another motive at play there, though I've no idea what.

However frustrating it is, I can only imagine it's a million times worse living in a D&G for example.

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
16 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Where are the people currently working who would then be working "in the field" and how far from home does "the field" cover?

Set fire to your workplace. Unbelievable.
Is your workplace full of old Tories?
The opposite mostly Corbyn loving Labour types. We have a revenue protection / fraud section who haven't set foot outside their own homes in over a year. Their work consists of door knocking and evidence gathering / surveillance normally. It's impossible to do that effectively from home so it was suggested this could restart given it's mostly carried out outside. I suspect folk have got too used to their cushy "new normal". Bosses need to wake up soon.

1 minute ago, Spider Rico said:

Devi Sridhar now claiming on Twitter that the USA is explicitly going for a “Zero Covid” approach 😂

Using a tweet by the State Department as evidence of this

She is being rightly ridiculed 

If this, coupled with binning mask mandates and business restrictions is a "Zero Covid" approach then i'm all for it 😂😂

I suspect we are close to Devi once again having a meltdown.

image-1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If this, coupled with binning mask mandates and business restrictions is a "Zero Covid" approach then i'm all for it 😂😂

I suspect we are close to Devi once again having a meltdown.

image-1.jpg

Change the definition and declare victory. A bold strategy to be fair 

Where are the people currently working who would then be working "in the field" and how far from home does "the field" cover?
Knocking on doors, visual surveillance, site visits not requiring face to face indoor interviews etc. No appetite at all as yet. Also told there is a study started to see what can be learned from enforced home working that might take up to TWO YEARS so looks like there will be no rush back to the office either for those that were based there.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Knocking on doors, visual surveillance, site visits not requiring face to face indoor interviews etc. No appetite at all as yet. Also told there is a study started to see what can be learned from enforced home working that might take up to TWO YEARS so looks like there will be no rush back to the office either for those that were based there.

Do you work for the TV licence arseholes?

Devi Sridhar now claiming on Twitter that the USA is explicitly going for a “Zero Covid” approach [emoji23]
Using a tweet by the State Department as evidence of this
She is being rightly ridiculed 

What a comedown for her over the last 4 months.

As vaccine rates go up, her spotlight shrinks, this is all it’s about for her.

31 minutes ago, Scosha said:

The polling and how it is led on makes it utterly pointless. As has been said, people don't mind the restrictions, err, if it doesn't really apply to them, of course.

Just now, mizfit said:

What a comedown for her over the last 4 months.

As vaccine rates go up, her spotlight shrinks, this is all it’s about for her.

Yeah, her and the fake psycho SAGE weirdos seem to be getting pushed more onto the sidelines.

The local authority travel restrictions were ridiculous even when the virus was rife, but they’re worse now. 
It’s madness that someone from Monifieth can legally head to Montrose for their shopping, but I’m technically breaking the law if I want to go for a walk around Crombie or Monikie parks. 
Not that I disagree with the points you're making but aren't all the places you've mentioned still within the Angus Council area?

On another note, Mass Vaccination centre in Dundee weren't giving Astra Zeneca to under 30s today regardless of whether it was 1st or 2nd dose. They were attempting to contact people and let them know but obviously they couldn't get through to anyone. Unsure if the situation will change tomorrow but if anyone is due a 2nd dose over the next few days it may be worth calling in advance.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Honestly? Based on the data?

Virtually all restrictions removed.

If hospitalisations and deaths go up then we react accordingly but otherwise, we grow a set of fucking balls and open up now. Not tomorrow. Right now. So that clubs have a chance to get tickets ready for the weekend fixtures.

I'd probably keep restrictions in place regarding not licking other human beings outside of your own family in enclosed spaces such as supermarkets. It's a bit early for relaxing that.

No chance that would even be considered coming up to an election but they should 100% be moving things forward or releasing the very strict measures especially outdoors.