Coronavirus (COVID-19)

25 minutes ago, superbigal said:

A Stranraer v QOS final would have been handy in Covid free D&G if was not for the Hibs.

And emm Stranraer drawing QOS or Hibs in the next round.

Apart from that.

That and Formartine beating Annan on penalties.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They dont think football fans matter. Not a single f**k given

This is where a fans organisation would be extremely useful. Who is standing up for us? The clubs aren't. The authorities aren't. The Government aren't.

We have no vehicle for putting pressure or lobbying for even the partial return of fans despite significantly more dangerous leisure activities having re-opening dates.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

This is where a fans organisation would be extremely useful. Who is standing up for us? The clubs aren't. The authorities aren't. The Government aren't.

We have no vehicle for putting pressure or lobbying for even the partial return of fans despite significantly more dangerous leisure activities having re-opening dates.

Supporters direct seems to have faded into the background but such a vehicle would have been excellent. There should be a legal challenge if this shite continues. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Supporters direct seems to have faded into the background but such a vehicle would have been excellent. There should be a legal challenge if this shite continues. 

Maybe SDS is the vehicle - certainly, an organisation that has helped set up supporters trusts is perfect for this kind of thing. Unfortunately I've heard almost nothing from them in years, so I've no idea if they're even still kicking about.

Personally, I'd like to see each clubs supporters trust meet and agree some form of campaign. There are genuinely clever and intelligent people volunteering for those trusts that have a lot of experience of working with the press and the Government. This is something that everyone wants to see.

It was an agreement with UEFA to allow the Cup Final to be pushed on to 22nd May. Nothing to do with the Scottish Government or Jason Leitch. 

This was all done under the assumption that there wouldn't be fans anyway. If there's a possibility of getting fans in then there's no reason not to move it.

UEFA certainly aren't going to have said "you must play this game at Hampden" but rather "if you want to play it at Hampden on that date then there can't be any fans".

The main restriction that needs to go right fucking now is the local authority travel restriction - if the country laughably drops into level 3 at the end of this month, then that'll mean six more weeks of nonsense restrictions.

Build a wall around Clackmannanshire and West Lothian instead. 

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Incidentally, I see that the FA have decided that Wembley will also be a 25% capacity for their group stage and last 16 games.

Significantly higher number of people though.... Not a kick in the arse off double i'd imagine?

10 minutes ago, G51 said:

Maybe SDS is the vehicle - certainly, an organisation that has helped set up supporters trusts is perfect for this kind of thing. Unfortunately I've heard almost nothing from them in years, so I've no idea if they're even still kicking about.

Personally, I'd like to see each clubs supporters trust meet and agree some form of campaign. There are genuinely clever and intelligent people volunteering for those trusts that have a lot of experience of working with the press and the Government. This is something that everyone wants to see.

Supporters Direct are still around, dealing with the pressing issues such as "I wonder if fan opinion has changed on colt teams since we last asked them 6 months ago". An utterly useless organisation. I find any large fan based organisation such as SDS and the SFSA are useless as "unions", for want of a better phrase, but that's certainly the aim they were set up with. They just don't have any authority and a lot of the material put out by them is by Hamish Husband types. 

You're quite correct in saying we need fan trusts to come together here. Fan trusts in a lot of cases now have a seat on their club board or in some cases own the club, if they can come together on this and use their official positions to put pressure on it will be worth more than any of the previously mentioned shan organisations can do.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Apart from making Hampden bigger I'm not sure what we can do about that.

Well I suppose its more of a point on where the risks are.... And an arbitrary percentage probably does need to be picked if you havent had the sense to build up using test events prior to the Euros. But I dont think the "risk" is when you are sat at your seat. The talk throughout seems to be "But all they folk need transport" etc. 

I guess I am just pointing out that Wembley getting 25% doesnt mean we are all being treated the same. More that it suggest we could proabbly quite safely have a lot mroe

Second edit... Basically, Scotgov see football fans as second class scum and I wont be deterred from this line of thinking

Edited by Bairnardo

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Apart from making Hampden bigger I'm not sure what we can do about that.

Switch the game to the Maracana or that big stadium in North Korea, 25% there means 50,000 fans.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

If Hampden has indeed been handed over to UEFA by the time of the Scottish Cup Final then the game can't be played at Hampden.

3 weeks and 2 days before the first game is an unusually long period before a game for UEFA to take control of a stadium, however, as it's usually 2 weeks.

I smell shite.

Odd that this should come to light just a few days after an old firm cup final became impossible.

I have always felt an OF cup final would be the first game with fans. Now that's off the table, it looks like it'll be Scotland v Czech match.

I still find it bizarre we're going to go from over a year of no fans to 12,000 in fell swoop.

Odd that this should come to light just a few days after an old firm cup final became impossible.
I have always felt an OF cup final would be the first game with fans. Now that's off the table, it looks like it'll be Scotland v Czech match.
I still find it bizarre we're going to go from over a year of no fans to 12,000 in fell swoop.

It came to light a day after the Scottish government and SFA confirmed that crowds would be allowed for the Euros games, that's why it's on the agenda now. I expect that we may see a token handful of fans at some SPFL games near the end of the season, maybe the play-offs or something like that.

It's been very clear all along that these decisions on sport and outdoor events have been made on political and economic reasons despite the amount of folk who wanted to argue to the contrary when Doncaster made this very point earlier in the season.

49 minutes ago, The Master said:

It was an agreement with UEFA to allow the Cup Final to be pushed on to 22nd May. Nothing to do with the Scottish Government or Jason Leitch. 

I'm laughing at Leitch because he was running his mouth this time yesterday saying there would be fans at the final. He is wrong on everything consistently.