Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

😂

I will choose to look at this optimistically and say that the Scottish Cup final will be held, with fans, elsewhere. It will still be some nominal amount below 25% anyway so doesn't matter if it ends up at Celtic Park, Ibrox or wherever.

I will choose to look at this optimistically and say that the Scottish Cup final will be held, with fans, elsewhere. It will still be some nominal amount below 25% anyway so doesn't matter if it ends up at Celtic Park, Ibrox or wherever.

If it’ll be under control by UEFA it would suggest to me they won’t allow any event to take place at the ground.

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

If Hampden has indeed been handed over to UEFA by the time of the Scottish Cup Final then the game can't be played at Hampden.

3 weeks and 2 days before the first game is an unusually long period before a game for UEFA to take control of a stadium, however, as it's usually 2 weeks.

I smell shite.

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Honestly? Based on the data?

Virtually all restrictions removed.

If hospitalisations and deaths go up then we react accordingly but otherwise, we grow a set of fucking balls and open up now. Not tomorrow. Right now. So that clubs have a chance to get tickets ready for the weekend fixtures.

I'd probably keep restrictions in place regarding not licking other human beings outside of your own family in enclosed spaces such as supermarkets. It's a bit early for relaxing that.

Probably shouldn't have been doing that pre-pandemic tbh

If Hampden has indeed been handed over to UEFA by the time of the Scottish Cup Final then the game can't be played at Hampden.
3 weeks and 2 days before the first game is an unusually long period before a game for UEFA to take control of a stadium, however, as it's usually 2 weeks.
I smell shite.

I do have to wonder if there’s reluctance to put fans into Hampden because there will be ongoing play-offs at a similar time. If 12k were allowed into Hampden, clubs would asking for a few thousand at play-off finals.

Might just be being cynical and there’s nothing in it. But the final has been moved before, and I’m quite sure every player involved would rather play in front of even 2000 at McDiarmid or Motherwell than an empty Hampden, before we even get into Ibrox/Parkhead/Murrayfield.

24 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

😂

Wait, what?

So somewhere out in the multiverse where Covid never happened, the SFA are informing supporters not to bother buying tickets for this season's cup final because no-one's allowed in?

Nah, f**k that. I don't buy that excuse for a second. In a world without Covid, supporters are getting to the cup final regardless of who control of the stadium has been handed to. What lame cop-out.

Edit: never mind me...Of course in a non-covid world, we'd not be playing Euro2020 in 2021 and instead regaling in the glorious tales of how we only went and fucking won it. 

Edited by djchapsticks

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I smell shite.

Don't remember any such chat about Hampden for the cup final being unavailable last year (pre COVID) where you'd assume UEFA would've needed the stadium in advance of the planned finals last summer.

100% at it.

Edited by anotherchance

The final moved from early May to its current date last month when the new dates were all confirmed. There’s definitely no wider conspiracy about a crowd being affected if things were normal.

It may well be that this has genuinely just come to light as the SFA had written off the chances of crowds. If that’s the case, they really need to look at moving the game. As I said, players would far rather play to 2000 at Fir Park or McDiarmid than nobody at Hampden.

2 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Don't remember any such chat about Hampden for the cup final being unavailable last year (pre COVID) where you'd assume UEFA would've needed the stadium in advance of the planned finals last summer.

100% at it.

They are absolutely at it but I'm sure the cups and leagues were brought forward last season in preparation for the Euros but I could be talking shite as evidenced in my previous post.

A Stranraer v QOS final would have been handy in Covid free D&G if was not for the Hibs.

And emm Stranraer drawing QOS or Hibs in the next round.

Apart from that.

Edited by superbigal

100% at it.

The final was scheduled for early May last year for exactly this reason. This season's final was also originally scheduled for early May before the lockdown led to the competition being suspended. So I'm pretty sure this is not a case of anyone being "at it".

However, if there's any chance of getting fans for the final then it should be moved to another ground.

I'd like to see the 17th May relaxations - or at least some of them - moved forward to co-incide with the 26th April ones.  If numbers keep heading in the same direction, by then we should be in the same place we were at the end of August.  It wont happen though, the SNP wont want to be accused of populism and trying to win votes during an election campaign.

Douglas Ross was speaking in favour of bringing these dates forward last week, so if the main opposition party are backing it I can't see how they would be too harshly criticised.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Douglas Ross was speaking in favour of bringing these dates forward last week, so if the main opposition party are backing it I can't see how they would be too harshly criticised.

Well fingers crossed that they follow the data then.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The snooker thing has to be viewed as a good thing surely. Social distancing will never be binned until there's data that says it can be binned.

The World Championships last year were improved immeasurably by the lack of an audience.

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The final was scheduled for early May last year for exactly this reason. This season's final was also originally scheduled for early May before the lockdown led to the competition being suspended. So I'm pretty sure this is not a case of anyone being "at it".

However, if there's any chance of getting fans for the final then it should be moved to another ground.

BBC report says it was agreed the final will be at Hampden but a condition was no fans.

Leitch 😂

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

BBC report says it was agreed the final will be at Hampden but a condition was no fans.

Leitch 😂

It was an agreement with UEFA to allow the Cup Final to be pushed on to 22nd May. Nothing to do with the Scottish Government or Jason Leitch.