Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There's times for test events. We already know thousands of people can mingle outside Hampden or anywhere else outside in close quarters with no issues. Why not run a test to get 50% in and out of Hampden in an orderly fashion? I know folk will just genreically shout back "TRANSPORT!!" but really, whats the risk increase really likely to be between 25% and 50%? Or even go extreme, what is the multiplication of risk really going to be at capacity? 

I actually have a relatively easy solution to the ‘tRaNsPoRt’ types, Hampden is right beside several rail stations and the bus parks etc can be made ‘covid’ proof with travel to staging areas on buses and the city by bus, also they could encourage people to travel by car and utilise Queens Park Rec ground as a massive car park and perhaps other open spaces nearby which would allow for a dedicated route in to the city along cathcart road or along polmadie road to the m74. 

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
I'm not saying any of the numbers to do with covid will go wrong, I am saying the SNPs anti football fan rhetoric will result in further naughty stepping for us

Is any party actually pro football fan ?

No, but only one is in governement. Maybe I should have said Scotgov instead but it makes no difference. The SNP soapbox on football and alcohol sickens me. Pure naked snobbery. Something that I find really offputting for them despite my support for them over the years. 

Fwiw I'd be shocked if they went back to a blanket ban on fans after this. Also, if they don't put a limit on where fans come from then hopefully that should justify getting away fans in? Might be difficult to accommodate that with any limits on attendance though.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No, but only one is in governement. Maybe I should have said Scotgov instead but it makes no difference. The SNP soapbox on football and alcohol sickens me. Pure naked snobbery. Something that I find really offputting for them despite my support for them over the years. 

The Simps excuse it by saying "aye but!" until we all give up.

4 hours ago, superbigal said:

Vaccines are not about  protecting the individual though. It is about protecting all of us. 

So the risk for and  against an individual being vaccinated should also take into account how many people the unvaccinated could kill.

Seriously? Jesus. The media sure have you wrapped around their finger 

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

Fwiw I'd be shocked if they went back to a blanket ban on fans after this. Also, if they don't put a limit on where fans come from then hopefully that should justify getting away fans in? Might be difficult to accommodate that with any limits on attendance though.

Sort of leads into another fairly obvious (IMO) prediction.... PATG is done with, and long after the days of visible restrictions in the hospitality sector etc are gone, football fans will be having to jump through hoops to register their attendance at any level

I take back what I said last night - for now. Blackford's thread here seems more than reasonable, though I'd rather they simply ruled them out full stop.

32 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This isn’t quite the win you think it is. There probably should be more tears and snotters after this. 25% capacity in over two months time with numbers as they currently are now is frankly ludicrous.

I think it's a win? No I think its another example of the p&b masses going mental at half a bit of news and running with it for a few days of incandescent rage. 

It's not a competition. 

3 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I think it's a win? No I think its another example of the p&b masses going mental at half a bit of news and running with it for a few days of incandescent rage. 

It's not a competition. 

But I’m confused at what you think has happened here? People were raging that we were getting shafted with the numbers that were expected to be allowed, and... we’ve been shafted with the number that have now been confirmed as expected to be allowed.

What has been confirmed is precisely what people were going mental about.

4 minutes ago, madwullie said:

It's not a competition. 

See also comments about Ian Blackford and the "clear sign" sturgeon supported vaccine passports ast night based on a tweet from the verging on parody politics from all account based off a telegraph article ffs

Sort of leads into another fairly obvious (IMO) prediction.... PATG is done with, and long after the days of visible restrictions in the hospitality sector etc are gone, football fans will be having to jump through hoops to register their attendance at any level
Is PATG a thing still. Clearly been in the seaside leagues way too long. I haven't been able to pay cash at a turnstile to get into a game in Scotland in god knows how long.

5 minutes ago, madwullie said:

It's not a competition. 

^^^Simp

Just now, madwullie said:

See also comments about Ian Blackford and the "clear sign" sturgeon supported vaccine passports ast night based on a tweet from the verging on parody politics from all account based off a telegraph article ffs

So unlike the SNP to float an idea to gauge public support before backtracking, of course.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

But I’m confused at what you think has happened here? People were raging that we were getting shafted with the numbers that were expected to be allowed, and... we’ve been shafted with the number that have now been confirmed as expected to be allowed.

People were raging that we weren't going to get the euros because the govt wouldn't submit early plans to have any number of fans in the ground. UEFA were apparently quite within their rights to ask for assurances weeks before the actual deadline that had previously been agreed because the snp etc. Because the govt were being too cautious and ignoring the vaccine data, Scotland fans wouldn't be allowed to watch their own team in their own country in a major finals for the first time in absolutely ages etc. etc. etc.

That's what happened 🤷‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Is PATG a thing still. Clearly been in the seaside leagues way too long. I haven't been able to pay cash at a turnstile to get into a game in Scotland in god knows how long.

I went to Stranraer late 2019 and it was PATG. Dont know any clubs championship and above who do it though. Think we were one of the last 

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

"Buy a ticket opposite the turnstiles" is more common these days.

Less chance of the turnstile operator stealing 💁🏻‍♂️

Edited by Todd_is_God

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

St Johnstone still had cash gates last year, I think the long term aim is to bin them and go full e-ticket 

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

^^^Simp

So unlike the SNP to float an idea to gauge public support before backtracking, of course.

Simp lol

Tell us again how poor Boris just wants the best for are great nation but those nasty advisors keep leading him astray with their misleading advice. 

😁

To be fair here if you look back anyone suggesting 12k was being roundly mocked as an SNP fandan. Most were predicting it being moved down South with a few suggesting what was seen as optimistic 10%. Yes things have improved greatly in that time but virtually no one was predicting 25% capacity and most were expecting it to be taken away.