Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Elixir said:

More junk input = more junk modeling = more junk headlines. Fantastic stuff all round.

This is just the worst case scenario though, we really should ignore it because this definitely will not have any impact on decision making in the summer.

31 minutes ago, MrWorldwideJr said:

Doctors and nurses don't tend to be wearing unfitted cloth masks that they bought on Amazon as a general rule.

30 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Doctors and nurses at work in covid wards are, as far as I can tell, not using snoods,scarves or fabric masks.

Happy to be corrected on that.

Which is precisely what I've said, that the problem is poor quality face masks then rather than face masks being useless altogether.

19 minutes ago, Detournement said:

As nice it would be to think that this is down to daft Boris it's being rolled out across the EU, Israel and parts of the USA.

There has to be a money trail somewhere.

The most logical explanation would be the data this will mine is a return on Investment for the extraordinary sums of money spent by the WEF.

There is also the report published last September where Vallance discusses what global health data sharing will look like in 2030. There was, of course, no scenario where there was no global health data sharing.

Whilst these, of course, are not examples of Government Policy, they are written by those in a strong position to advise on and shape policy.

I have a feeling that those with their eyes on implementing this sort of thing saw the opportunity that the pandemic would bring to push them through, and, despite the vaccines far exceeding even the most optimistic performance expectations, they are going to insist they are necessary regardless.

They have a one-time window of opportunity, and are getting desperate as it has all but closed.

GOS_The_Future_of_Citizen_Data_Systems_Report__2_ (1).pdf

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

There has to be a money trail somewhere.

The most logical explanation would be the data this will mine is a return on Investment for the extraordinary sums of money spent by the WEF.

GOS_The_Future_of_Citizen_Data_Systems_Report__2_ (1).pdf 2.93 MB · 1 download

The primary goal is clearly to put the infrastructure in place to create a cashless society where every single transaction is observable. 

And I would wager as soon as the digital infrastructure is in place to enforce restrictions on individuals it will be expanded from simply being a Covid focused infrastructure to other parts of the state apparatus.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Which is precisely what I've said, that the problem is poor quality face masks then rather than face masks being useless altogether.

That's pretty irrelevent to what was actually being discussed though isn't it? The question being discussed wasn't 'are all face masks completely useless in all scenarios'? The only person having that particular discussion was you.

There is no realistic scenario in which you get everybody going into a shop/pub/football ground wearing a properly fitted, medically approved face mask. The most useful data when discussing the public use of face masks is surely data which corresponds to the face masks that will actually be used in public?

I'll be honest I haven't read into it so I have no idea what that data says but I don't think that how completely different masks which will never be in widespread public use function in a completely different environment is all that relevant.

Doctors and nurses at work in covid wards are, as far as I can tell, not using snoods,scarves or fabric masks.
Happy to be corrected on that.
I'll just correct you on one thing. What you're describing are face coverings, not masks. A properly worn FRSM absolutely will cut down on aerosol transmission. Remember you're not wearing it to protect yourself, you're wearing it to protect others from you.
The same way as doctors and nurses have always worn them.

Any masks the public would have to use to have any serious effect would have to be fully sealed and filtered and then you'd need to avoid all contact with other people as well via the wearing of suitable PPE gowns.
I'm not sure anything warrants that sort of thing outside of a covid ward.
See my previous reply to you. Most staff in our workplace got their heads round the types of mask and appropriate usage of each pretty quickly. It's been a year now, and you come in with this irrelevant pish.

Article on the news there about the cost of a private test. PCR was quoted at £120 and LFT £60. The profits especially on the latter must be enormous either that or the cost of making TWO LFTs per week available to every adult (and certain school kids) in England and Scotland must be off the scale. Crazy stuff.
Also wife just showed me dozens of posts from local Facebook maws saying "I'm not sending mine back" after the SG schools announcement today. Utterly bonkers, these folk seem happy for the current shit show to go on for ever and they appeared to be the majority on the local FB pages.

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

wife just showed me dozens of posts from local Facebook maws saying "I'm not sending mine back" after the SG schools announcement today. Utterly bonkers, these folk seem happy for the current shit show to go on for ever and they appeared to be the majority on the local FB pages.

There are going to be a load of severely damaged people when this is all done. Scared of human interaction from more than a year of constant fear from the Government.

Of course, these people will also receive absolutely zero support from that same Government

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Hard to get excited by things like this anymore when the goalposts are shifted daily. bQshDtu.png

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

This is just the worst case scenario though, we really should ignore it because this definitely will not have any impact on decision making in the summer.

And of course, none of these clowns will be held accountable for the damage their guff research will continue to wreak on people's lives, all while they're safe in their self-obsessed academic bubbles.

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This is bollocks. You can research everything on the internet - pretty much every single academic article on any subject you can imagine has been published on the internet.

Exactly.

You can spend 5 minutes on Google, find something credible which completely debunks Sridhar or Leitch’s drivel, present it to them online and probably get a block because it touches a nerve (ignoring the fact that logic alone would clamp them a peach)

It’s not about being an expert, it’s about using articles/facts from people who do know what they’re on about to challenge and question. Is the alternative just to let experts and politicians away with whatever they like?