Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Have we gone full circle on masks then?

When first shouted about we were told that British people wouldn't stand for it and that they didn't work anyway, then we were told they do actually work, they're just not obviously 100% effective, but now we're back to "masks don't do anything"?

I haven't, I never wanted them and can't wait till they GTF . 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Personally don't think they have much to contribute in an almost fully vaccinated society tbh. But again, I am only against them being written into law.

That's fine. I'm not sure I can get on board with the "masks don't do anything" line though. 

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That's fine. I'm not sure I can get on board with the "masks don't do anything" line though. 

Why? There isn't a shred of evidence outwith highly controlled laboratory environments that they do anything.

Neighbouring States in America with mask / no mask mandates have observed similar infection curves, states where they have removed the mandates have observed no increases, Sweden has fared OK, even in the same country (Denmark) where they had mask mandates in certain regions and none in others saw no real difference at all. 

Masks, like the obsession with sanitising surfaces multiple times per day, remain because of a stubborn refusal from experts to admit anything they have advised implementing has been futile.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's been proven in a study in Germany that the mask wearing as practiced by the general public with cloth masks and unrated masks has close to zero impact. 

Masks used properly work. What you see in a supermarket here is a complete waste of time.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Why? There isn't a shred of evidence outwith highly controlled laboratory environments that they do anything.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's been proven in a study in Germany that the mask wearing as practiced by the general public with cloth masks and unrated masks has close to zero impact. 

That's a problem with poor quality masks rather than masks themselves being useless. If I cough with a mask on, less of my germs will land on surfaces around me. That surely helps. 

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Neighbouring States in America with mask / no mask mandates have observed similar infection curves, states where they have removed the mandates have observed no increases, Sweden has fared OK, even in the same country (Denmark) where they had mask mandates in certain regions and none in others saw no real difference at all. 

Masks, like the obsession with sanitising surfaces multiple times per day, remain because of a stubborn refusal from experts to admit anything they have advised implementing has been futile.

It's mental, I think their logic on it is they're pretty sure what they said about fomite on surfaces and face coverings is pretty wide of the mark, but if we change now, (especially on masks as that would be a doubling back to their original position) then the public won't take us seriously when we learn more about this, so just keep everything we said so far

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That's a problem with poor quality masks rather than masks themselves being useless. If I cough with a mask on, less of my germs will land on surfaces around me. That surely helps. 

It helps but to the same extent as wrapping a towel round a burst pipe. 

As I said last week. The main benefit of masks has been allowing supermarkets to function normally due to the magical thinking they inspire. 

Today's numbers are beautiful. I was worried that student party in Dundee would prevent us going to level 3 (and me getting a game of snooker).

Anyone got the latest hospital numbers? Are they also falling?

And what is the target for doing into level 2?

44 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

You see people wearing masks, queuing 2 metres apart waiting outside to get into Asda.  Completely pointless wearing them outside.

9 minutes ago, Detournement said:

From July last year. Every step of this has been planned. 

Of course vaccine passports were discussed last year you are looking for conspiracy in the wrong places take a fine tooth comb through the government contracts and you might find something.

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

Of course vaccine passports were discussed last year you are looking for conspiracy in the wrong places take a fine tooth comb through the government contracts and you might find something.

Government ministers were saying that there were no plans to bring in Vaccine Passports as late as February despite tendering contracts being signed in November. Why did they lie?

There is clearly huge momentum behind vaccine passports despite no politician being willing to speak up for them publicly. The impetus is clearly coming from the WEF and the interests they represent.

15 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Government ministers were saying that there were no plans to bring in Vaccine Passports as late as February despite tendering contracts being signed in November. Why did they lie?

There is clearly huge momentum behind vaccine passports despite no politician being willing to speak up for them publicly. The impetus is clearly coming from the WEF and the interests they represent.

You should take your evidence to the media.  They'd have a field day with a provable conspiracy like this.

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

Well, no. Not because I'm particularly scared of catching it - I'm not - but because if there was a positive case in my class, and it was discovered I'd been breaking the risk assessment put in place that specifically states we are not to circulate in class, I'd get my arse kicked.

Does it explicitly say that in your Risk Assessment?

It sounds like you've actually read yours.

21 minutes ago, Left Back said:

You should take your evidence to the media.  They'd have a field day with a provable conspiracy like this.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/04/covid-certificates-on-the-cards-for-use-in-england-since-december

It's all in the media but the vast majority of the population seems to have an unshakeable conviction that it's impossible that the nature of our society can fundamentally change so they ignore anything that contradicts that. It's a strange phenomenon.

Zuhlke were contracted in November 2020.

Screenshot_2021-04-06-16-55-59-002_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Detournement

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Daily Cases Update:   5 Days of updates.  Well I never.  Cases down 22% and positivity down to 2.2%.  We are now down 83.75% from the peak.

That's all well and good, but a drop of 83.75 (!) means that cases are remaining stubbornly high.

If we're lucky we might be able to visit our pals by August. Any time before then and it'll be far too soon imo.