Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Unless I'm missing something, protesting against being forced to work on site during a pandemic by standing right close to other folk without wearing a mask isn't giving off the best look.

I was reading a report earlier from Ireland that said outdoor transmission was accountable for 0.1% of cases. Laughable stuff that they want vaccine passports for sports/gigs outside yet trains and buses which were full of germ breeders even before all this won’t need one. Sound logic there 
It would be way above 0.1% at a festival with thousands shoulder to shoulder for hours and sleeping in tents. The 0.1% was normal every day outdoor situations ie walking down the street, totally different scenario. That said we will never know the likelihood of transmission in a large close contact outdoor situation until we actually allow it so we need to crack on as vaccination reaches into the younger cohorts. It appears govts are hell bent on insuring no one accesses that sort of situation without being vaccinated and / or testing to prove you are not infected.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Unless I'm missing something, protesting against being forced to work on site during a pandemic by standing right close to other folk without wearing a mask isn't giving off the best look.

The picture is from 2016.

Most politicians in Scotland seem to be pushing the "we don't want to be too gung-ho" line and avoid another lockdown, but how low exactly do they want case numbers, test positivity, hospitalisations etc to go, wihle all of the most vulnerable people are already vaccinated? Why is now not good enough and why will 3 weeks from now be good enough?

At some point all of the UK govts will need to work out the trade off from what is being saved by continuing with these measures vs what they cost in physical and mental health, economy, jobs, quality of life and how long it continues to be worth it. We must be around the tipping point now.

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
14 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
I was reading a report earlier from Ireland that said outdoor transmission was accountable for 0.1% of cases. Laughable stuff that they want vaccine passports for sports/gigs outside yet trains and buses which were full of germ breeders even before all this won’t need one. Sound logic there 

It would be way above 0.1% at a festival with thousands shoulder to shoulder for hours and sleeping in tents. The 0.1% was normal every day outdoor situations ie walking down the street, totally different scenario. That said we will never know the likelihood of transmission in a large close contact outdoor situation until we actually allow it so we need to crack on as vaccination reaches into the younger cohorts. It appears govts are hell bent on insuring no one accesses that sort of situation without being vaccinated and / or testing to prove you are not infected.

There have been loads of impromptu large close contact outdoor situations over the last year and none of them seem to have been linked to outbreaks.

3 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Most politicians in Scotland seem to be pushing the "we don't want to be too gung-ho" line and avoid another lockdown, but how low exactly do they want case numbers, test positivity, hospitalisations etc to go, wihle all of the most vulnerable people are already vaccinated? Why is now not good enough and why will 3 weeks from now be good enough?

At some point all of the UK govts will need to work out the trade off from what is being saved by continuing with these measures vs what they cost in physical and mental health, economy, jobs, quality of life and how long it continues to be worth it. We must be around the tipping point now.

I think this is the source of most people's frustration.  Whilst the mantra has been "Data not dates", the exact data that would trigger a change to the roadmap has never, to my recollection, ever been hinted at.  I can't even seem to find the criteria for the new tier system.

Happy to be corrected.

6 minutes ago, GiGi said:

The problem is there are still ten's of thousands of those on JVCI priority list who have yet to have a first jag. Once they are done then I'd expect rapid reopening. 

16 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

10-12k seems to be in line with what I've seen from other venues - I think Bucharest and Copenhagen were going with something like that.

I'd be disappointed, but not surprised, if we limited ourselves to the same capacity restrictions as other countries without any consideration of our own circumstances (specifically vaccine coverage).

In Scotland (and indeed the UK) we are absolutely miles ahead of most of the world in this regard, yet for us, the people living here, we are not going to see any benefit of that in our day-to-day lives.

13 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

I think this is the source of most people's frustration.  Whilst the mantra has been "Data not dates", the exact data that would trigger a change to the roadmap has never, to my recollection, ever been hinted at.  I can't even seem to find the criteria for the new tier system.

Happy to be corrected.

Do whatever England do, just a bit later. Never make a big easing decision first.

There really is no point in pretending now that we have any other strategy.

Edited by Todd_is_God

At least they're asking for a guaranteed minimum number of fans, with the possibility of scaling up if possible.

Hopefully the proposal we're sending to UEFA consists of a bit more than a recording of the Airdrie Dentist on Off The Ball saying he can't tell us in April what the situation will be like in June.

Do whatever England do, just a bit later. Never make a big easing decision first.
There really is no point in pretending now that we have any other strategy.

Golf? Hairdressers / garden centres? First wave of schools?

20 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Happy to be corrected.

i'm pretty sure that when they say data not dates, they really mean  is  -  we reserve the right to postpone any opening if we think it's too dangerous but under nae circumstances do we do anything early

11 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

At least they're asking for a guaranteed minimum number of fans, with the possibility of scaling up if possible.

Hopefully the proposal we're sending to UEFA consists of a bit more than a recording of the Airdrie Dentist on Off The Ball saying he can't tell us in April what the situation will be like in June.

I thought upscaling was not possible? The original communication from UEFA was certainly that numbers could be reduced if the situation closer to the time worsened, but could not be increased. Has that changed?

10 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Golf? Hairdressers / garden centres? First wave of schools?

I'm not convinced the first three are big easings tbh. Schools you have a slight point, though Schools in Scotland opened only partially, whereas all school children in England returned on March 8th.

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

If social distancing isn't needed in schools surely it isn't needed anywhere any more. 

It's a reduction to 1m I believe similar to that in hospitality and other measures will have to be in place that would be difficult to have in other indoor settings i.e masks on at all times, improved ventilation etc etc.