Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

The front page of the Times runs with the headline "PM pins Hope's on mass testing " with the article quoting the buffoon AGAIN (umpteen times this week) as saying the vaccines are not 100%. They never were, never are going to be and he has known that from day 1. The vaccines have remarkably good efficacy so what is really going on that has caused such a monumental shift in stance. He was (rightly) lauding the vaccines as the end game, the route to normality yet that is now firmly in the bin it seems in favour of mass testing and passports. Something has changed massively yet no one in the media seems to even acknowledge that never mind ask why.

Always a good time to remind the press that the small pox vaccine was 95% effective and it worked wonders.

Goal posts are on a different pitch and for a different game now. 

Yip. His "near normal" is a whole new normal which sounds even worse than last summer. This is dreadful even Witty saying vaccinating everyone isn't enough now citing Chile !
"Significant problems from Covid for the foreseeable future despite vaccines" dearie me.

30 minutes ago, Elixir said:

tenor.gif

'This assumes immunity doesn’t wane significantly and there are no mutations to the virus which affect the vaccine.'

So it's utterly fucking pointless then, isn't it?

Absolutely wild shit like this goes unchallenged. Unless the vaccines do not work (and all the evidence suggests they do) there must surely be a close to ZERO chance of a huge wave tearing itself through a close to 100% vaccinated population.

Genuinely infuriating reading complete shite like that.

1 hour ago, super_carson said:

Forgive my cynicism, but I can't help but feel this all a massive PR exercise designed to regain public trus

Far more likely that this is the new style now the Dom et Al have been replaced with a new bunch of highly paid drains on the tax payer cash.

You wouldn't think he has 44 folk in his personal team the way he carries on especially with the top 3 costing us nearly half a million a year

I know I said this earlier, but when these big scary predictions predictably do not happen, those behind them should be jailed.

Ludicrous predictions that have serious consequences on the liberties of people cannot be allowed to go unpunished.

Said it before that I understand the caution behind a new variant coming to light but some of these journalists must be embarrassed.

On the line now the only restriction in place will be travel without a vaccine passport and that’ll be the end of august.

I know I said this earlier, but when these big scary predictions predictably do not happen, those behind them should be jailed.
Ludicrous predictions that have serious consequences on the liberties of people cannot be allowed to go unpunished.
It's really not helped by the PM standing there and saying vaccines alone are now not enough and we don't know how much protection they actually provide.

Can anyone explain to me why me and my peers, early 20's no health conditions, should bother getting vaccinated if it's not going to lead to a normal restriction free life? And instead a permanent ah but....