Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

2 free LFT tests per week for anyone that wants them in England..... Shovelling more public money into the hands of their pals one assumes

That's their favourite pastime, always has been always will be. 

38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

2 free LFT tests per week for anyone that wants them in England..... Shovelling more public money into the hands of their pals one assumes

The sad part is that the curtain twitching hypochondriac types will lap it up. Testing to keep the numbers up and therefore maintain the adage that one person with a cough is one person too many

5 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Having to jump through hoops to go and see fcking Ayr United or any other dead beat team. Take a test to get to Somerset? Nah not for me I’m afraid 

You already regularly jump through hoops to get to the football. 

9 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Well quite a lot when you consider a large % of the BAME community wont want the vaccine. All theyd need to do is mention the Nuremberg Code and theyd immediately have a leg to stand on to get into places 

What on earth are you on about? The Nuremberg Code is a set of principles around ethics in medical research. I don't agree with Covid passports, mainly because I find it hard to see how much use they'd be, but if you're going to come up with an argument, don't just Godwin it.

Edited by Cyclizine

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

This might be your vision of hell but the people you are referring to simply don't see life in those terms and are fairly content with their lot. If they weren't, they'd vote accordingly.

I know this is hard to accept but countless millions of people in this country seem to be pretty happy with what they've got. There is scant evidence to suggest otherwise. Anyone wanting to shift the current governments in Scotland and Westminster is going to have a hell of a job on their hands.

The single biggest thing was allowing people to buy their council houses, a lot easier to strike whilst residing in a council house, genius if you want to clip the wings of unions. 

Now the Tories are proposing testing millions of symptomless people twice a week to facilitate the roll out of the digital ID restrictions.

Bear in mind that indoor hospitality was open in most of England in DECEMBER. This has nothing to do with the virus, it's actually pretty obvious they are more interested in rolling out this passport than they were in lowering deaths during each wave. 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Twice a week testing for everyone seems like a stupendous waste of money, surely? I can't see how that is valuable in any way.

Maybe in March 2020 we could have done with that but this seems genuinely mental.

Maybe when they were chucking money at anything and everything to get out of their monstrous f**k ups, they ordered far too many lft and now they are looking for some use for them? 

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

Maybe when they were chucking money at anything and everything to get out of their monstrous f**k ups, they ordered far too many lft and now they are looking for some use for them? 

Maybe. They were really selling it on the news this morning too with a guy saying they are good at confirming Covid but useless at giving reliable negative tests. The message was:

Test positive - Isolate, obviously

Test negative - You might still have it so act like you have it and well...isolate.

10 minutes ago, madwullie said:

The LFT tests are an investment to get the passport established.

While they are offering free LFT tests they will have a rebuttal for anyone who says the passport is discriminatory. It's a solution to the problem of needing to open up now but not being ready to fully implement the restriction society.

Hard to understand the point of the tests with the whole population due to be vaccinated soon. On a personal level, I could just about see a small window before vaccination where I’d maybe use them ahead of visiting parents/grandparents for extra peace of mind, albeit they’re all vaccinated. But that’s only allowed from May 17th, and I may well be vaccinated a month after it. A real small window of use there, for a select section of the population. 

I’ll be happy to be corrected but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if these tests that are great and everyone should use suddenly won’t be allowed if you want to use them for travel. Someone else can make the money there. 

Can quite easily see us sleepwalking into a situation where you’re not even allowed to go to the office without testing yourself twice a week, to sit well spaced out from everyone, meetings banned, in a space that’s less than half full and virtually everyone is vaccinated. 

Edited by Paco

The worst part i've read about the twice weekly LFT for everyone is Starmer saying that there must be support in place for those that are sick. A positive LFT (or even a positive PCR) alone does not mean you are "sick"

Edited by Todd_is_God

14 hours ago, the snudge said:

Anyone had their 2nd dose and feeling like they've been hit by a bus?

First was absolutely nae bother but the 2nd one has floored me completely

I've not had my first yet, but my partner had her second last week and feeling like she'd been hit by a truck was the phrase she used. Only lasted the day after the vaccine though.

10 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

It’s the Guardian, and even if it could be trusted, there’s nothing about Police officers being dispatched to rape activists.

Well that's alright then, the fact they weren't explicitly ordered to do it makes police officers raping people and being immune from prosecution for doing so fine.

Also, greatly amused by the idea that the Guardian can't be trusted on a story about the police because they're likely to be too critical of them to the point of dishonesty, as opposed to falling over backwards to accept what the police say while failing to fact check their slandering of any critics like every other major newspaper. See their parroting of the broken bones and punctured lung lies about Bristol.

Guest Bob Mahelp
32 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Sturgeon is saying she isn't ready to make any decision on vaccine passports yet.

I imagine she will make her mind up at about 2201on the 6th of May. Snake. 

If Westminster decide to introduce this nonsense, then Scotland will be forced into doing the same. 

It won't be her decision to make.