Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I have a smart phone but I dont even have what's app etc, it's a shitty phone and I dint even have room to download any more apps. Not everybody even has a smart phone ffs, are we just going to let them be outsiders never mind those of the BAME community who are abstaining from vaccination. Why should these people be discriminated against through something that is supposedly a choice

Get out there and fight then, I'm only telling you what I think will happen and you'll upgrade your phone quick enough if its required.

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

Exactly.

Anyone who actually supports giving a hard right Tory government (or even the SNP curtain twitchers) a huge digital infrastructure with which to discriminate against any group they choose to harrass is either as equally hard right or thick as mince.

If you think that Apps, QR codes and databases aren't going to be used to control and discipline asylum seekers, benefit claimants, travellers or political activists then you are very naive. We live in a state which sends policemen to rape animal rights activists, created the hostile environment for immigrants and hounded thousands of disabled people to death on the false pretext of caring about the deficit. A good example of immediate overreach is anti terror laws being used to justify councils putting families applying for school places under surveillance. Once these powers are in place they only increase in scope.

“sending policemen to rape animal rights activists”!

You need to go and lie down. That is the post of a lunatic.

4 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

“sending policemen to rape animal rights activists”!

You need to go and lie down. That is the post of a lunatic.

It's a bit glibly phrased but like...the recently-passed Spycops Bill does allow certain officers to rape and kill without risk of prosecution?

1 minute ago, HibsFan said:

It's a bit glibly phrased but like...the recently-passed Spycops Bill does allow certain officers to rape and kill without risk of prosecution?

Also this literally happened https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/jan/20/undercover-police-children-activists

23 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I never downloaded the test and protect app because I knew it was run by a bunch of charlatans. I imagine the vaccine app will be the same. 

Good luck to all the old dears who like to go to strictly come dancing shows, half of them are 75+ and I doubt could see to work a smart phone 

The NHS Scotland test and protect app was developed by Capgemini, who have had the NHS Scotland IT contract for almost 10 years.  I work for Capgemini and there are more than 250,000 employees in more than 50 countries, they are most definitely not a bunch of  charlatans as they would never have got to that size of company if they were charlatans.  The Westminster Government may have given a contract to a bunch of charlatans, but the same can't be said in Scotland.

https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/2020/09/working-on-scotlands-contact-tracing-system/

23 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

They’ll try a harder line but they’ll look like dicks. Johnson should just remind them that border policy is reserved (and thankfully this is pretty much one of the only scenarios where im glad it is). Theyve already lost one legal battle I sincerely doubt they’d win another. 

Agree.  This is the one area where I think a UK approach is required.  Agree a position between the 4 nations so they are all on the same page, and implement it. No grandstanding.

8 minutes ago, munro76 said:

The NHS Scotland test and protect app was developed by Capgemini, who have had the NHS Scotland IT contract for almost 10 years.  I work for Capgemini and there are more than 250,000 employees in more than 50 countries, they are most definitely not a bunch of  charlatans as they would never have got to that size of company if they were charlatans.  The Westminster Government may have given a contract to a bunch of charlatans, but the same can't be said in Scotland.

https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/2020/09/working-on-scotlands-contact-tracing-system/

But it does not work if you stay in a block of flats as it cannot determine between floors and through walls. 

I quickly removed it when the fault was reported and its never been fixed.

56 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It must be a very old trick the Tories have played tbf. Tell the people they have an enemy then set yourself up as the one to beat them. By f**k has it worked though, better than even those devious vermin could have imagined.

Although at least back in the day, "working class tories" genuinely did have f**k all, and the party could convince them that was because of immigrants/commies/corrupt unions etc.

Nowadays, it's far pettier and weirder. These "working class tories" are far more likely to be homeowners who don't live in the big cities. They don't even mind getting shafted themselves as long as they know somebody else is getting shafted harder. If they have blue hair and are working a bar job in their third language (the metropolitan elite who are out of touch with the common man!!!) then even better.

That's why I find it laughable to suggest that left wing parties have sold out the working class, when in fact many of the "working class" are now firmly lower middle class in terms of homeownership and wages, and will happily vote Tory if it protects the value of their poorly-constructed new build and its astroturfed garden out the back.

2 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

But it does not work if you stay in a block of flats as it cannot determine between floors and through walls. 

Depends what kind of flat you live in, if you have thick walls then the Bluetooth signal won't get through.

It's not a perfect app but I'm not sure how it could be fixed in a cost effective way.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Depends what kind of flat you live in, if you have thick walls then the Bluetooth signal won't get through.

It's not a perfect app but I'm not sure how it could be fixed in a cost effective way.

I was working on that basis of switching it off when home and then on again but that messed up with my watch so I gave up.

I wonder if that would be the case with this needless and unwanted domestic passport idea. Bar the government who actually wants this?

I never downloaded the test and protect app because I knew it was run by a bunch of charlatans. I imagine the vaccine app will be the same. 
Good luck to all the old dears who like to go to strictly come dancing shows, half of them are 75+ and I doubt could see to work a smart phone 

Wow. You are so cool.

I wish I hadn’t downloaded the app now. I totally missed the charlatans and the old dears.

Next time, tell me in advance so I can be as amazing as you!

11 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I will admit that my role is not a technical role and I don't work on the NHS Scotland account, but that is not a fault with the app.  Your phone GPS is used to determine your location, if you are in a block of flats and someone else had tested positive in that block then there is a chance you may have come into contact with that person.  It may have been briefly, but you could of passed them at the main door, on a landing or shared a lift with them.  It isn't perfect I will admit but I am not aware of a better way of determining someones location.

3 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

What does that have to do with anything?

Well quite a lot when you consider a large % of the BAME community wont want the vaccine. All theyd need to do is mention the Nuremberg Code and theyd immediately have a leg to stand on to get into places 

2 minutes ago, munro76 said:

I will admit that my role is not a technical role and I don't work on the NHS Scotland account, but that is not a fault with the app.  Your phone GPS is used to determine your location, if you are in a block of flats and someone else had tested positive in that block then there is a chance you may have come into contact with that person.  It may have been briefly, but you could of passed them at the main door, on a landing or shared a lift with them.  It isn't perfect I will admit but I am not aware of a better way of determining someones location.

I agree no system would be fool proof. 

2 minutes ago, munro76 said:

Passing someone briefly in the landing would not constitute a close contact and require isolation, just like passing people in the street doesn't require you to isolate. Even being in a lift with them isn't sufficient unless it's for more than 15 minutes. Anything which identifies people living through walls from each other as being close contacts is flawed - it might be an unfixable flaw, but it's a flaw nonetheless.

My wife was pregnant during the summer, and I wouldn't have been allowed into the hospital with her for the birth if I was self-isolating, so I basically put myself in a form of voluntary self-isolation for the two weeks before the due date - or at least I wasn't going to cafes, restaurants, pubs or anywhere else I could possibly spend more than 15 minutes in close contact with someone. There was no way I was going to do all that and then get pinged because my neighbour through the wall tested positive, so I didn't install the app until after my daughter was born.

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Well quite a lot when you consider a large % of the BAME community wont want the vaccine. All theyd need to do is mention the Nuremberg Code and theyd immediately have a leg to stand on to get into places 

I think you think you've hit upon some sort of 'gotcha' content that the government have overlooked.

It does not relate to clinically tested and approved vaccinations. You could also gain access via a recent negative test, proof of antibodies from previous infection.

I'm not pro domestic vaccine passport but your claims are utter nonsense.

Edited by Am Featha Taigh Nan Clach