Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

Simpleton members of the public on the news there suggesting they’re fine about vaccine passports, adding some trite pish about returning to normality.

An authoritarian government’s wet dream.

Britain is a country of subservient, doff-your-cap-to-your-betters, craven lickspittles. It's in our DNA. If anyone thinks that the majority of folk won't be happy with these they're deluded. They'll be widely popular.

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

Britain is a country of subservient, doff-your-cap-to-your-betters, craven lickspittles. It's in our DNA. If anyone thinks that the majority of folk won't be happy with these they're deluded. They'll be widely popular.

Yeah, we are. Sorry.

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I wonder what the government are going to do with the information that I go to the pub 3, 4 sometimes 5 times a week.

It doesn't take much of a leap to see someone who's on Universal Credit producing their vaccine passport down their local and 3-4 steps later being sanctioned for not suitably spending their time looking for work.

People with shaky immigration status will be at risk as well of the Home Office who love nothing more than kicking people out the country for minor or made up infractions.

1 hour ago, Markka said:
1 hour ago, Aidan said:
Nah that was something I had suggested but according to the NHS staff they weren't allowed to do it. They'd also tried to get permission to contact the police station and/or some of the larger businesses in the area to see if they would be able to send folk round at the end of the day to use up some of the spares but weren't allowed.

They're going back to the 2nd doses now so hopefully it won't be so bad, I would imagine most people that have bothered to come for their 1st will come back for number 2 unless they've had particularly awful side effects or something.

Shame that. I'm sure plenty of folk, myself included, would be happy to attend a vaccination appointment at 2-3 hours notice.

I doubt you'd get as much notice as that, my daughter and I got 15 minutes.

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It doesn't take much of a leap to see someone who's on Universal Credit producing their vaccine passport down their local and 3-4 steps later being sanctioned for not suitably spending their time looking for work.

People with shaky immigration status will be at risk as well of the Home Office who love nothing more than kicking people out the country for minor or made up infractions.

Daily Express running massive busts on SPONGERS USING VACCINE PASSPORTS TO ACCESS LIP FILLERS AND THE LATEST IPHONE!!!!!!

I doubt you'd get as much notice as that, my daughter and I got 15 minutes.
Yeah when they've been calling people in it's been with about half an hours notice. They need to wait until after the last scheduled vaccination is done before they can offer them to others.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/covid-holidays-boris-johnson-travel-b1826155.html

So do we think we'll largely follow the same roadmap for International travel as England or create a mess with differing rules?  We all know NS likes to harp on about regretting allowing travel last year and how she won't make the same mistake again, but what does that mean exactly? it's a big gamble playing hard ball with peoples summer holidays with an election coming up.

14 minutes ago, Gaz said:

All the government have to do is tell them that the vaccine passports will piss off a woke, black, marxist, transgender university lecturer who uses they/them pronouns and half the country would happily line up to get theirs. Shadowboxing in a culture war against an imaginary enemy, which handily they can't lose as there's no opponent. :lol:

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

If I'm required to have a vaccine passport for a pub, restaurant, holiday etc I will get one just so businesses and the population can get back to some sort of normality.

It's a shite state of affairs as you just know that the higher-ups are just going to abuse their power. 

It's a very slippy slope when you've got Boris and his chums in control of Dick Dastardly' bag of tricks. 

That right there is the problem, people accepting them to get back to some "normality". There is absolutely no need for domestic passports. They're an infringement on peoples rights and there is nothing "normal" about that. Not everyone has a smart phone, not everyone wants the vaccine due to whatever reason, be it religious/ethnicity reasons etc. The shrugging of the shoulders and accepting it is sad indictment 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

That right there is the problem, people accepting them to get back to some "normality". There is absolutely no need for domestic passports. They're an infringement on peoples rights and there is nothing "normal" about that. Not everyone has a smart phone, not everyone wants the vaccine due to whatever reason, be it religious/ethnicity reasons etc. The shrugging of the shoulders and accepting it is sad indictment 

Aye, what can you do though?

1 minute ago, HibsFan said:

All the government have to do is tell them that the vaccine passports will piss off a woke, black, marxist, transgender university lecturer who uses they/them pronouns and half the country would happily line up to get theirs. Shadowboxing in a culture war against an imaginary enemy, which handily they can't lose as there's no opponent. :lol:

It must be a very old trick the Tories have played tbf. Tell the people they have an enemy then set yourself up as the one to beat them. By f**k has it worked though, better than even those devious vermin could have imagined. Boris and co are now unable to believe their luck, rooting around in the box of theoretical, "surely we'll never get these schemes past the drones" plans for lining their own pockets. These c***s must feel like kids in a sweet shop just now. 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Completely agree mate but unfortunately, and I try not to just bring everything back to Thatcher and Reagan but f**k it it's completely correct, the idea of collective action and solidarity with each other for a better world has been all but killed off and the rise of the individual over the last forty years has dominated everything.

We have never been so callous and selfish, and therefore the pockets of people who might want to stand up to the obviously problematic vaccine passports will just be completely shunned from society by the 99%.

That's the case and, given that, I won't be taking some big stand of boycotting or whatever else. You're right, it is a sad indictment, but I genuinely can't see an alternative when individualism runs so rampantly in this country and throughout the West.

11 hours ago, Snafu said:

EdinburghLive continuing with their outrage at people out enjoying themselves yesterday.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/crowds-flock-edinburghs-portobello-beach-20316372

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/thousands-gather-edinburgh-meadows-breaching-20317343

F*** off, people have had an absolute shite time of it and we have been in lockdown for 3 months, the sun came out timely for Friday and Saturday and they needed to get outside and get some vitamin D. Also EdinburghLive not understanding the meaning of stay local in the Portobello article, the majority of these people will have come from the same area. These articles give the wrong impression, the angle of the photo from Portobello gives the impression of no social distancing, I can see social distancing.

General views of the Public out enjoying the nice weather on Easter Friday at Portobello Beach near Edinburgh

People enjoy Easter weekend on Portobello beach in Edinburgh

Mental heath affects your well being and your physical health, this will probably gave a lot of people a big lift and a chance to get away from the house. Looking at the photos it seems more like an average cross section of ages you would find anywhere on a nice day and they are behaving themselves, I cant see why anyone's knickers are getting in a twist over this.

Has anyone noticed that the huge jump in cases expected from the thousands of Rangers fans celebrating the league title never happened and was ignored when they realised the case numbers were still falling?

Why does our media want us to hide under our beds forever?

Quite a few fatties in those pics. 

I am glad they are out and should be made to walk up and down to shift some weight as we know now overweight people are at more risk

I never downloaded the test and protect app because I knew it was run by a bunch of charlatans. I imagine the vaccine app will be the same. 

Good luck to all the old dears who like to go to strictly come dancing shows, half of them are 75+ and I doubt could see to work a smart phone 

13 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Completely agree mate but unfortunately, and I try not to just bring everything back to Thatcher and Reagan but f**k it it's completely correct, the idea of collective action and solidarity with each other for a better world has been all but killed off and the rise of the individual over the last forty years has dominated everything.

We have never been so callous and selfish, and therefore the pockets of people who might want to stand up to the obviously problematic vaccine passports will just be completely shunned from society by the 99%.

That's the case and, given that, I won't be taking some big stand of boycotting or whatever else. You're right, it is a sad indictment, but I genuinely can't see an alternative when individualism runs so rampantly in this country and throughout the West.

Good man.  Mine and Connolly’s pensions are riding on this.

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

No, that's the reality of what would happen if they were introduced,given your desperation to get out I'd suspect you'd have yours far quicker than myself. 

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

No, that's the reality of what would happen if they were introduced,given your desperation to get out I'd suspect you'd have yours far quicker than myself. 

I have a smart phone but I dont even have what's app etc, it's a shitty phone and I dint even have room to download any more apps. Not everybody even has a smart phone ffs, are we just going to let them be outsiders never mind those of the BAME community who are abstaining from vaccination. Why should these people be discriminated against through something that is supposedly a choice

I've said it enough times but if this allows the borderline comatose majority of this country to continue to watch the X Factor and get a Chinese delivered while at the same time bringing some sort of negative consequences to "scum" then they'll back vaccine passports to the hilt.

30 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/covid-holidays-boris-johnson-travel-b1826155.html

So do we think we'll largely follow the same roadmap for International travel as England or create a mess with differing rules?  We all know NS likes to harp on about regretting allowing travel last year and how she won't make the same mistake again, but what does that mean exactly? it's a big gamble playing hard ball with peoples summer holidays with an election coming up.

They’ll try a harder line but they’ll look like dicks. Johnson should just remind them that border policy is reserved (and thankfully this is pretty much one of the only scenarios where im glad it is). Theyve already lost one legal battle I sincerely doubt they’d win another.