Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

The majority of the Scottish population are not interested in international football though; never mind the particular question of whether Hamish Husband gets to watch a game at Hampden or not. 

No, I'd agree, but you wouldn't think that from the big licks the story got in the media, or on here a couple of weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Glen Sannox said:

Much that I think we get an awful lot wrong in this country, I’m just back from getting my jag at the Gyle vaccination centre, what a fantastic, well run set up. Thanks very much to all concerned.

That said, as I light up my cigar, it’s tinged with a bit of frustration/rage. The lovely nurse that gave me the jag, informed me that there is a 20% “no show” rate!!!

What is wrong with these people? 

Was there not a delay of letters being sent out?

7 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Was there not a delay of letters being sent out?

I’m really not sure. There was a 10 day gap between my letter arriving and getting the jab. The nurse just said that 20% of those invited, didn’t turn up.

Was this posted earlier?

This would make complete sense and has been called for by the good guys on here previously. Younger cohorts already effortlessly body Covid-19, but this wee insurance policy will satisfy all parties. Get it done and get the borders open.

NarrowBigheartedEland-max-1mb.gif

From anecdotal evidence of folk I know who have been jagged have decided to have a good few drinks tonight ahead of my 9.25am appointment in the morning. That way if the "hangover" side effects being described kick in I will barely notice. That said, wife is working so I'm on Easter dinner duty so probably just drink through it and take my chances on the couch with Jeff on Sky goals on Monday. Genuinely can't wait to be jagged.

16 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Was this posted earlier?

This would make complete sense and has been called for by the good guys on here previously. Younger cohorts already effortlessly body Covid-19, but this wee insurance policy will satisfy all parties. Get it done and get the borders open.

NarrowBigheartedEland-max-1mb.gif

Yep. Absolutely been saying this for ages that this was the way out of lockdown and opening up. The J&J one is the ideal candidate for the 18-30’s with the efficacy and given the clinically vulnerable will be already done its a shooty iny for an age group with little mortality risk already. 

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

What’s the timescale between first and 2nd? I got my first on the 2nd March and can’t remember if it’s 10 weeks or not.

I also received my first does on 2nd March and the nurse told me the 2nd dose would be given within 10 weeks.

1 hour ago, Glen Sannox said:

I’m really not sure. There was a 10 day gap between my letter arriving and getting the jab. The nurse just said that 20% of those invited, didn’t turn up.

I know that in a local clinic today, less than 2% of those with appointments failed to show up.

On the football, my guess is that the Scottish Cup final will be earmarked for having at least some crowd at it as a "test event". Otherwise, there will probably be a pre-tournament friendly at Hampden which could serve the same purpose.
They're not allowed to play at Hampden pre-Euros. Two warm-up games will be away.

19 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yep. Absolutely been saying this for ages that this was the way out of lockdown and opening up. The J&J one is the ideal candidate for the 18-30’s with the efficacy and given the clinically vulnerable will be already done its a shooty iny for an age group with little mortality risk already. 

Definitely. While I imagine it wouldn't just be given to those aged 18-29, realistically it would be the ideal candidate for all those under 40, as mortality etc is already insignificant in such age groups, and the added protection can be given without the need to piss about for 12 weeks waiting on a second dose.

I and the vast majority of people in the country couldn't give a toss about 'fans at the Euros': it's mind-boggling that God-bothering gimp considers that to be his trump card. 
The VT speaks on behalf of a nation [emoji849]

The majority of the Scottish population are not interested in international football though; never mind the particular question of whether Hamish Husband gets to watch a game at Hampden or not. 
The majority of the Scottish population are probably not that interested in football. It still remains the nations most popular spectator sport and the Euros is a big deal.

Don't think they'll be away from home. Just played at one of the usual alternatives for the national team when Hampden isn't available.
The word is Netherlands and Luxembourg away, the former possibly in Faro. The SFA are waiting on Govt clarification next week before confirming. A heck of a lot of games are already arranged and opponents are limited.

23 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

The majority of the Scottish population are probably not that interested in football. It still remains the nations most popular spectator sport and the Euros is a big deal.

The Euros will take place (or not) regardless of whether a crowd is allowed in to Hampden to watch them. Every single minute will be televised on council telly across the country. 

Given that almost all of Scottish domestic and European club competition this season has already taken place behind closed doors, you, Jason Leitch and the rest of The Guys are seriously overestimating the number of people who will be furious, absolutely furious, if the gates aren't swung open for a handful of matches in June because people didn't follow 'the rules' at almost zero credible risk to their own health over the next two months. It's not going to even remotely shift the dial of public behaviour then.

Edited by vikingTON

The word is Netherlands and Luxembourg away, for former possibly in Faro. The SFA are waiting on Govt clarification next week before confirming. A heck of a lot of games are already arranged and opponents are limited.
f**k sake. Thought there would still be some non-qualified teams who'd come over here for a game. If its true at least the travel isn't too bad.

f**k sake. Thought there would still be some non-qualified teams who'd come over here for a game. If its true at least the travel isn't too bad.
I think the SFA are awaiting confirmation they can hold an overseas training camp, they may need an exemption for it. If not they have a plan b, but at the moment I've not heard anything to suggest home games are in their plans.