Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Do you have any links to further reading on this? I've not been contacted to book my vaccination yet so would be helpful in deciding whether to take it or not.

There are no deaths from Covid amongst people under 45 with no underlying health issues. There have been reports of brain thrombosis death amongst people in their 30s after the AZ vaccination.

9 minutes ago, Detournement said:

That's all true. 

But it you are youngish and healthy the risk from the vaccine is greater than the risk from Covid. 

Not going to argue that those in the category you describe are at incredibly small risk from Covid, but a 0.00017% chance of a clot, or 0.00004% chance of death is significantly lower than the risk of death from Covid.

Edited by Todd_is_God

There are no deaths from Covid amongst people under 45 with no underlying health issues. There have been reports of brain thrombosis death amongst people in their 30s after the AZ vaccination.
So no links then?

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Have you had a vaccine?

12 minutes ago, Detournement said:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathsfromcovid19withnounderlyinghealthconditionsbyage

Here is a link that shows 101 deaths of people between 0 and 44 in England and Wales (as of the 07 Dec 2020)

Edited by The Stig

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

There have been 87 hospital deaths of those under 40 in England with no pre-existing condition

Source:

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/04/COVID-19-total-announced-deaths-1-April-2021-weekly-file.xlsx

4 hours ago, Snafu said:

Car parks at beauty spots around Scotland absolutely heaving. 

Loch Lomond mentioned as packed full of day trippers despite police telling people to stay away. 

This weekend will be 'interesting' , should be a few parties with people letting of steam followed up by the usual range of reactions on Monday from tut-tuting to full blown cranial detonation with threats of variants and greeting about 'we came out of lockdown too soon, reverse ! reverse !!'.

I'm off this weekend from work so I will be creating my own sunshine with some help from Henry Weston. :lol:

Loads of people out today, parks were busy, people drinking. 

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

When he asks for a freebie ticket hopefully the SFA tell him to ram it.

Absolute nap him and Sturgeon will be front and centre.

47 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Fair enough. Similar odds to dying of the vaccine then. 

Nobody has died from the vaccine you tinfoil hat wearing lunatic. 

Edited by Rugster

What's the incentive being dangled if you're not planning to be at Hampden? Being allowed to shake hands after the game of fives I'm waiting another 6 weeks for, for no good reason?