Coronavirus (COVID-19)

28 minutes ago, Snafu said:

It's not scaremongering pish if you read the article properly. An article that says 30 cases out of 18m is not scaremongering pish, think about the odds here.

Of course I wish the persons who ended up with an unfortunate result the all the best.

13 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

0.00017%. Non issue.

The odds of developing a blood clot amongst females taking birth control is 0.18%. 
According to the NHS statistics people are more likely to develop a DVT from a long haul flight than the AZ vaccine. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The odds of developing a blood clot amongst females taking birth control is 0.18%. 
According to the NHS statistics people are more likely to develop a DVT from a long haul flight than the AZ vaccine. 

Looks like @8MileBU disagrees mate

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

^^^This isn’t an agree/disagree post @Marshmallo :1eye 

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Looks like @8MileBU disagrees mate

He’s no gonna shag ye m8.

I doubt anyone is naive enough to think AstraZeneca are the big pharma with a heart of gold. I wonder if they are considering how long they continue providing a vaccine at cost price and working with the various governments. Someone there will be considering the damage being done to the rest of their business by the constant shelling they inexplicably get over their highly effective vaccine. Can be the rest of the countries being left behnid will be more than happy to take it and not hound them relentlessly in the media. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I doubt anyone is naive enough to think AstraZeneca are the big pharma with a heart of gold. I wonder if they are considering how long they continue providing a vaccine at cost price and working with the various governments. Someone there will be considering the damage being done to the rest of their business by the constant shelling they inexplicably get over their highly effective vaccine. Can be the rest of the countries being left behnid will be more than happy to take it and not hound them relentlessly in the media. 

Definition of word salad ^^^

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Better stop undergoing any sort of operation then m9 as the risk from GA is higher.

Better stop any lady from taking the pill as the risk of a clot is substantially higher.

Better stop taking all those medications as there is a risk of side effects and sometimes death.

Better stop crossing the road its a risky business and so on and so on etc etc.

Better stop reading this thread as there is a risk of eyes bleeding.

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Better stop undergoing any sort of operation then m9 as the risk from GA is higher.

Better stop any lady from taking the pill as the risk of a clot is substantially higher.

Better stop taking all those medications as there is a risk of side effects and sometimes death.

Better stop crossing the road its a risky business and so on and so on etc etc.

That's all true. 

But it you are youngish and healthy the risk from the vaccine is greater than the risk from Covid. 

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Apparently Google have invested in it. Can't make money out of Vaccine Passports if people haven't had the vaccine. 

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

That's all true. 

But it you are youngish and healthy the risk from the vaccine is greater than the risk from Covid. 

Do you have any links to further reading on this? I've not been contacted to book my vaccination yet so would be helpful in deciding whether to take it or not.