Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Michael W said:

Matt Hancock now joining in with long covid scare day. 

Screenshot_20210401_161207_com.android.chrome.jpg

FFS, well if you are worried about it bolster the NHS coffers so they can deal with it there is no need to have restrictions to protect people from long Covid.

How many people get long Covid from Covid?

We are going to end up having mass hysteria over something that puts as many people in hospital as folk who tie their laces together.

24 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

At least something positive from a scientific point of view has come from this. I know they were probably testing the rna of other viruses, but to have had the confidence to do it with a completely new virus just goes to show how good these people are. It sounds like i am gushing over them, but they have done an amazing job.

Absolutely agree, the scientists on the good side have played a blinder and we should be paying them footballers wages. I know so many have died but i think the legacy will ultimately be that this will push science forward and save lives for generations. 

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Absolutely agree, the scientists on the good side have played a blinder and we should be paying them footballers wages. I know so many have died but i think the legacy will ultimately be that this will push science forward and save lives for generations. 

Indeed. And admirably you don’t see, for the most part, the same levels of nauseating self promotion from these scientists as you do from the Public Health and Independent SAGE types. 

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

There hasn't been nearly enough fanfare or appreciation of them and it'll only be once we can properly take stock that it'll kick in how astonishing the advances and achievements have been.

As is often the case in life, the ones more interested in getting themselves noticed and who shout the loudest get the high praise, rather than those who get their heads down and do the actual work behind the scenes.

5 hours ago, 101 said:

It's funny how they wait until the case and death rates drop significantly before they start pulling this shite isn't it? :lol:

Almost like they know deep down that they don't want to be putting their necks on the line when COVID's actually getting a bit nasty, but they're more than happy to "take a stand" and start licking shopping trolley handles once any danger of risk has passed.

Makes it easier for the powers that be and the Helen Lovejoy types to deliberately mis-frame the argument, present the "anti-mask protestors"  as the norm, and therefore it's easy to dismiss anybody struggling or anybody who questions the validity of restrictions as being a moon unit.

44 minutes ago, 101 said:

FFS, well if you are worried about it bolster the NHS coffers so they can deal with it there is no need to have restrictions to protect people from long Covid.

How many people get long Covid from Covid?

We are going to end up having mass hysteria over something that puts as many people in hospital as folk who tie their laces together.

Post Viral Fatigue is not new, and can happen after any viral infection.

Anosmia and Ageusia, whilst unfortunate, can also be caused by other conditions, and I reckon we should be careful about assuming long-term episodes of either are definitely as a result of covid.

I suspect, assuming it actually exists, the scale of true "long covid" is much smaller than reported.

21 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Indeed. And admirably you don’t see, for the most part, the same levels of nauseating self promotion from these scientists as you do from the Public Health and Independent SAGE types. 

Absolutely, its almost as if they were working their arse off doing the actual stuff and leaving indy sage etc to do the tv and just let their vaccines do the talking.

14 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

There hasn't been nearly enough fanfare or appreciation of them and it'll only be once we can properly take stock that it'll kick in how astonishing the advances and achievements have been.

As is often the case in life, the ones more interested in getting themselves noticed and who shout the loudest get the high praise, rather than those who get their heads down and do the actual work behind the scenes.

There absolutely should be more appreciation, give them all the freedom of Clydebank or some other such suitable honour. One of my wifes colleague’s son works for pfizer in Belgium and from what i hear they’ve put in a fair shift, labs full 7 days a week, pulling all nighters to get the vaccines out and the trials etc too. They stepped up when the nae sayers would only step up to a camera. 

15 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Thats just marvellous, marvellous news. 

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I've got 3 beer gardens booked over the first 2 weekends. Will do walk ups as well. Back in the gym from day one too.

^^^ just wants a pint

No fault of your own and if everyone else is doing it then you're left with no choice, but just using it as a jumping off point to repeat something I've already said. Being required (or seeing so many others do it that you feel compelled) to book for a pub is a miserable existence of scheduled, organised fun and part of this "New Normal" that I despise.

If I want to decide at 8pm on a Thursday that I want to go out and meet some pals in a pub, I shouldn't need to have booked a month ago to make that a reality.

Thankfully London has plenty of fantastic independent boozers who would simply laugh and hang up the phone if you tried to book a table with them.

They'll be getting my custom later this month for sure. 2027579227_JackSloshed.png.918dc002f8b936a02ee8a04f9bf8a1b0.png

13 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

No fault of your own and if everyone else is doing it then you're left with no choice, but just using it as a jumping off point to repeat something I've already said. Being required (or seeing so many others do it that you feel compelled) to book for a pub is a miserable existence of scheduled, organised fun and part of this "New Normal" that I despise.

If I want to decide at 8pm on a Thursday that I want to go out and meet some pals in a pub, I shouldn't need to have booked a month ago to make that a reality.

Thankfully London has plenty of fantastic independent boozers who would simply laugh and hang up the phone if you tried to book a table with them.

They'll be getting my custom later this month for sure. 2027579227_JackSloshed.png.918dc002f8b936a02ee8a04f9bf8a1b0.png

Any recommendations for somewhere to book or just turn up for the England Scotland game in June? I'm going but highly doubt there will be any fan zones where we can watch the game outside so will most likely be a scramble for the pubs with TVs. 

Just now, Scosha said:

Any recommendations for somewhere to book or just turn up for the England Scotland game in June? I'm going but highly doubt there will be any fan zones where we can watch the game outside so will most likely be a scramble for the pubs with TVs. 

try the Globe on Baker St.  they'll make you feel welcome

It must be incredibly infuriating the scientists who created the vaccine which is performing better than probably even they could have hoped for, yet we have absolute roasters like Devi Sridhar blatantly lying about how good it is to try and keep herself even remotely relevant that bit longer.

It must be incredibly infuriating the scientists who created the vaccine which is performing better than probably even they could have hoped for, yet we have absolute roasters like Devi Sridhar blatantly lying about how good it is to try and keep herself even remotely relevant that bit longer.
AZ especially who have done something astounding, pledged to sell it for cost and have still been caught in the middle of all manner of shit slinging

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

AZ especially who have done something astounding, pledged to sell it for cost and have still been caught in the middle of all manner of shit slinging

Would love to see them taking legal action against devi and the liars.