Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest bernardblack
Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Which part is frustrating?

The answer you give here will determine which colour of dot you receive.

The idiots who think they can just go and flood a park with their pals and not give a f**k

14 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Part of this is because of the appraoch taken by the Scottish Government and SNP.  If Nicola Sturgeon had taken completely the opposite appraoch and not locked down, done a Sweden then a lot of these people would be backing her approach to the hilt.

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

But that is only part of it and probably not the biggest part.  There's a tendency towards bureaucratic managerialism in centre left politics, as well as a preoccupation with the politics of behaviour and lockdowns fit into that.  The SNP have fully embraced this and you have to assume it's pretty popular as the SNP are wildly popular here.  At least it isn't unpopular.

ETA: ANother factor is that for a lot of politically engaged people blaming your opponents for being stupid and evil is a big part of that engagement.  Gammons, protesters and the like are convenient groups to blame for the virus.  More than one person has said to me that they think that the spread is skewed to people who hate 'Wee Nippy'.  Just look at the discussion here about Fallin a couple of weeks ago - they have the virus because they are all horrible bigoted No voting Rangers fans, not because it's an ex-mining town with significant poverty and probably an older population, all bigger risk factors for the virus than being a Rangers fan.  Although not sure there's been any randomised controled trials to see which group of supporters are most likely to get Covid.  Definitely Ross County fans IMO.

Excellent couple of posts Chris

one thing I would say though is, in my opinion that there has been too much hysteria about this virus from start to finish,  That's my take, I quite like sturgeon and the snp  but I don't like lockdowns in any form and I don't like the fact we've been treated like school children for over a year .  and I don't drink so i'm not arsed about getting to the pub for a pint .  I'm sure I have biases like everyone else

Guest bernardblack
7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Reveal hidden contents

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

So the thousands of people, not wearing masks, ignoring restrictions is okay then?

10 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

So the thousands of people, not wearing masks, ignoring restrictions is okay then?

Yes.

It's outdoors, where there is A ) No compulsion to wear a mask, and B ) there risk of transmission is minimal.

Why do people get arsey about people outside not wearing masks when thus has not been recommended let alone mandated? 

There have been numerous events where crowds have gathered outside (BLM protests, Bournemouth beach, numerous parks across Britain, the Sarah Everard vigil, Liverpool and Rangers fans celebrating league wins) and we have not seen a single spike in infection as a result. 

Just now, Michael W said:

Why do people get arsey about people outside not wearing masks when thus has not been recommended let alone mandated? 

There have been numerous events where crowds have gathered outside (BLM protests, Bournemouth beach, numerous parks across Britain, the Sarah Everard vigil, Liverpool and Rangers fans celebrating league wins) and we have not seen a single spike in infection as a result. 

Because I am a great virtuous hero and everyone else is scum.

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

In countries where masks outdoors are mandatory it's made f**k all difference, in countries where masks indoor are NOT mandatory it's made f**k all difference,  if you come into contact with a covid positive person whilst wearing a mask , you still have to self isolate.   Masks are at best a visual reminder to stop people letting their guard down.  we need to end this obsession with them

10 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

In countries where masks outdoors are mandatory it's made f**k all difference, in countries where masks indoor are NOT mandatory it's made f**k all difference,  if you come into contact with a covid positive person whilst wearing a mask , you still have to self isolate.   Masks are at best a visual reminder to stop people letting their guard down.  we need to end this obsession with them

I was in France last year* where an outdoor mask policy was in place in certain areas. 

You would then enter a bar or restaurant, sit down and take it off. Where is the sense in this? I know no-one wants to be wearing a mask when out for dinner, but mandating the masks outside and not inside certain settings marks your policy out as totally illogical when it covers low risk settings but is absent from higher risk settings. Unsurprisingly, the measure was therefore widely ignored and the police didn't care about it either.

*I took a foreign holiday and am therefore scum. f**k you, Devi. 

Edited by Michael W

3 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

f**k it, looks like the rangers partys made next to nae difference after all!

I wonder if anyone on here thought that it actually would. Last year we were told we’d see rises in cases after the Easter Weekend, VE celebrations, numerous beach days, protesters, Liverpool and Leeds title wins. It didn’t happen 

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

The idiots who think they can just go and flood a park with their pals and not give a f**k

You do know outdoor transmission is between 20-30 times less likely than it is outdoors?  They’re not idiots, they’re sensible people trying to live their life and they’re doing so as safely as can be 

On 26/03/2021 at 12:42, superbigal said:

Time for a deaths update so we can maybe look at how the Vaccine is performing compared to our European Friends.

This is after the last 5 days of Data.  We have the slowest rising death rate of the top 15.

Current figures in Major European countries are for top 15.  Deaths per 1 Million population

Czech 2,391 to  2,456    Up 2.72%

Hungary 2,022  to  2,119   Up 4.80%

Bosnia 1,881  to 1,996   Up 6.11%

Belgium 1,962  to  1,971   Up 0.46% 

Slovenia 1,928  to 1,943   Up 0.78%

Bulgaria 1,811  to 1,891   Up 4.42%

UK 1,855  to 1,859   Up 0.22%

Italy 1,768  to 1,803   Up 1.98%

North Macedonia 1,716  to 1,800   Up 4.90%

Slovakia 1,716  to 1,762   Up 2.68%

Portugal 1,652  to 1,656   Up 0.24% 

Spain 1,591  to  1,610   Up 1.19%

France 1,428  to 1,458   Up 2.10%

Croatia 1,432  to 1,451  Up 1.33%

Poland 1,357  to 1,385  Up 2.06%

Scenes at Hyde Park et al yesterday are so frustrating. The police doing absolutely nothing about it is pretty par for the course

70109F51-E0B3-42D1-956C-E8DF7DFC6FA1.png

Scenes at Hyde Park et al yesterday are so frustrating. The police doing absolutely nothing about it is pretty par for the course

Par for the course at Hyde Park ?    

image.jpeg.22b5e239f7edd02416c7b0cc83fbc0cc.jpeg

Edited by superbigal

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/31/covid-vaccine-pfizer-says-shot-is-100percent-effective-in-kids-ages-12-to-15.html
Can children aged between 12-15 smoke cigars? 
Cracking news all the same!
When I was at school there was an ice cream van just outside which used to sell cigarettes as part of a 10p mix up. I see no reason they couldn't branch out to cigars.