Coronavirus (COVID-19)

40 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

As far as I understand it the singing element is still banned in churches, the numbers are regulated as is the distancing.

It still however makes little sense in the element of why 600 fans cannot go along and support Brechin City or Edinburgh City as expamples now, in an outdoor environment . If their concern is travel make it home fans only for a few weeks.

I assume of course that the collection plate won't be getting passed around?

43 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

It still however makes little sense in the element of why 600 fans cannot go along and support Brechin City or Edinburgh City as expamples now, in an outdoor environment . If their concern is travel make it home fans only for a few weeks.

That's optimistic. Given the Helen Lovejoys running the SG, I'd be surprised if away fans are allowed to attend games by the end of next season at this rate. 

They'll most likely announce some sanitised (pun incidental) pish, 'fan protocol' for next season, with fans asked to turn up at 2 o'clock and required to take an hour to carefully file out again, with every pub within a mile of the ground shut. All subject to variants!!!!1111!!!! of course.

Some will lap it up as progress before it remains in place so long as one fatty is creaking in a hospital bed. 

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I called the fact someone would mount a legal challenge over the efficacy and necessity of the restrictions and measures about a month ago and certain posters tried to mock me, the churches legal action has imo opened the door. I would not be surprised if there is a similar action to see other liberties restored. I don’t believe for a second that its somehow safer to have unregulated numbers of old biddies in a church singing away than people socially distanced at a football ground watching a match especially given the average demographics of the latter having significantly lower mortality than the church goers. 
There’s now a very clear need imo for the government to justify with published evidence why crowds can’t attend open air matches given the only evidence (and id be happy to admit im wrong) seems to be that its actually safe/negligible risk of transmission in outdoor environments like a football ground. 

Presumably a large part of it is the getting to the game, queuing outside, influx of people to the local streets etc too. I doubt it's all just based on what is happening inside the ground. Not that I'm outside churches on a Sunday morning, but I don't imagine it causes many travel / queueing issues etc

Just now, dirty dingus said:

Must be a banging night if you find yourself trawling a covid thread on a football forum.

Mind when @Todd_is_God banged on for months about getting the pubs open and then spent his first Saturday night in a pub live-updating the Covid thread on P&B?

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Presumably a large part of it is the getting to the game, queuing outside, influx of people to the local streets etc too. I doubt it's all just based on what is happening inside the ground. Not that I'm outside churches on a Sunday morning, but I don't imagine it causes many travel / queueing issues etc

The church in the village where I grew up causes massive traffic problems every Sunday, even though there's only about 30 folk who attend it's right on the main road next to a bad junction. Arseholes.

22 minutes ago, virginton said:

That's optimistic. Given the Helen Lovejoys running the SG, I'd be surprised if away fans are allowed to attend games by the end of next season at this rate. 

They'll most likely announce some sanitised (pun incidental) pish, 'fan protocol' for next season, with fans asked to turn up at 2 o'clock and required to take an hour to carefully file out again, with every pub within a mile of the ground shut. All subject to variants!!!!1111!!!! of course.

Some will lap it up as progress before it remains in place so long as one fatty is creaking in a hospital bed. 

Laughed at 4 or 5 separate parts of this post. Brilliantly written.

20 minutes ago, Gaz said:

The church in the village where I grew up causes massive traffic problems every Sunday, even though there's only about 30 folk who attend it's right on the main road next to a bad junction. Arseholes.

Actually that's probably the case in my dad's "village" too. It's right on the main road in and out of town with no car park.