Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Absolutely gone at this now tbh.

I love the idea that you could get into a pub no bother coughing, spluttering or actively carrying literally any other highly infectious disease, but if you don't have covid antibodies, you're not getting in.

What an incredible display of tunnel vision this has all become.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I love the idea that you could get into a pub no bother coughing, spluttering or actively carrying literally any other highly infectious disease, but if you don't have covid antibodies, you're not getting in.

Daily Mirror :lol: 

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Good to see the hospital cases now below 300 at 296 (310 yesterday). ICU also down from 32 to 26. Pleasing.

Really great to see ICU drop from 33% of capacity to below 25% absolutely outstanding!

11 minutes ago, G51 said:

Devi Sridhar shut the f**k up challenge

It does work, though. It quite literally prevents serious illness in ~100% of cases.

Imagine wanting to scuttle trade in case a few people need to spend a few days laid low.

Mental behaviour. Even more mental that a non political person has a platform to spread these views daily.

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

https://www.cityam.com/rail-commuters-to-get-flexible-season-tickets-in-back-to-office-bid/

Rail companies have been asked to design a flexible season ticket to allow for roughly 10 return journeys a month at a discounted price

Erm these literally already exist - that's a carnet ticket.

17 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The constant framing of this as "pubs demanding" is definitely the work of the Government behavioural unit with the complicity of a spineless media. 

It's not fucking pubs who are driving this. 

Just now, Detournement said:

The constant framing of this as "pubs demanding" is definitely the work of the Government behavioural unit with the complicity of a spineless media. 

I read yesterday we have a "variant and mutation" taskforce

😂😂

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Guardian literally framed its story  coverage yesterday as a government effort to nudge younger people into taking the vaccine, which makes this categorical. 

Sair yin when the younger generations respond by nudging all the remaining restrictions into the sea where they belong, as soon as gammons start waving their blue envelopes to get inside a pub. 

https://eu.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2021/03/26/michigan-has-a-new-leader-in-the-surge-of-covid-cases-kids/4750748001/

Looks like some full time mummy from East Kilbride is going to have to fly over and tell these cheeseburger-eating simpletons that the weans cannae get it. 

I know I’d be as well howling in the wind but with these figures, backed up by the vaccines, there’s no good reason why cafes, restaurants and bars couldn’t open up for Easter, even if we had “September style” no standing at bar arrangement  etc. I thought then that most hospitality venues did a great job in the circumstances and I’d happily accept this for a month or so until the rest of top 9 groups are vaccinated.

Similarly sports venues should be immediately opened if the stadium, arena can show a plan for short- term access and exiting, until we ditch restrictions. If the weather is pleasant next weekend, there’ll be literally millions of folk in the UK congregating in gardens, parks, beaches with picnics and frankly little risk to the NHS or cemeteries being overrun.

When you look at the shops that currently are open, theres absolutely no reason not to open the rest. Essential bas been binned, and rightly so. It's now just funneling profit into the pockets of the supermarkets at the expense of everyone else

4 minutes ago, deegee said:

I know I’d be as well howling in the wind but with these figures, backed up by the vaccines, there’s no good reason why cafes, restaurants and bars couldn’t open up for Easter, even if we had “September style” no standing at bar arrangement  etc. I thought then that most hospitality venues did a great job in the circumstances and I’d happily accept this for a month or so until the rest of top 9 groups are vaccinated.

Similarly sports venues should be immediately opened if the stadium, arena can show a plan for short- term access and exiting, until we ditch restrictions. If the weather is pleasant next weekend, there’ll be literally millions of folk in the UK congregating in gardens, parks, beaches with picnics and frankly little risk to the NHS or cemeteries being overrun.

There was a fairground in full swing next to Ochilview last year. Whilst a game was on. That it was said to be unsafe for people to watch.

😂😂

7 minutes ago, deegee said:

If the weather is pleasant next weekend, there’ll be literally millions of folk in the UK congregating in gardens, parks, beaches with picnics and frankly little risk to the NHS or cemeteries being overrun.

I, for one, cannot wait for the reaction of all the Helens. 

No no no. Remember we just don't know!!! There's all manner of undiscovered variants out there just waiting to attack.

Can't be too safe. I won't be happy until deaths have been completely reversed. If anything we need a few resurrections before we even consider allowing people into pubs.

Sridhar and those independent SAGE freakshows openly lying about the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine with regards the 'South Africa vArIaNt'. Absolutely unbelievable.

She has to go from her position. Untenable.

12 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

No no no. Remember we just don't know!!! There's all manner of undiscovered variants out there just waiting to attack.

Can't be too safe. I won't be happy until deaths have been completely reversed. If anything we need a few resurrections before we even consider allowing people into pubs.

Don't give the likes of Sridhar any more barmy ideas