Coronavirus (COVID-19)

58 minutes ago, madwullie said:

What percentage of the population will be double jagged in 4 months? 

By the end of July, everyone once and all 1-9 priority groups twice, so around 70% at a guess.

Edited by Burnieman

8 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Misogyny against Devi you say,  yet we have a female leader in this country who has not been castigated like her.   Utter drivel, this is a person off the top of my head has told people with a mental health issue during a global pandmic that tough shit, get on with it, we are all in the same boat, her comments were crass and insenstive, she should have been emptied.

She has tweeted utter drivel throughout, lies about hearing kids in a park berating each other for not following covid rules, aye right, that happened.   She has continually uttered shite about zero covid despite it not being achievable.   She has tweeted pish about sunshine, loving the rain, make your own happyness etc when people are at their lowest ebb.  Aye very good, it's slightly different going out for a little walk from your luxury apartment as opposed to being stuck in a tenement with a family of four and going out once a day into a shitty park full of dug shite in the rain.  She appears to have no empathy and no concept for how much of a struggle this whole Covid situation has been for so many people.   I could go on and on.

In essence she's a fucking melt.

See the source image

8 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I worked with Jason Leitch for about 5 years between 2013-18. 

This is him. Condescending and patronising IMO but to some he is a clear communicator and someone who inspires a bit of confidence and bring people along on the journey.

The project was only loosely related to public health but he must have a reputation in the civil service as being a good communicator.

The project was an expensive disaster BTW 

Could you not have offered a couple of £500 notes to help out?

3 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Aye, I mean a holiday abroad isn't on my to do list this year as I'm saving for a weeding but I completely get why people would be pissed off about not getting away.

In saying that, if the trade off for no holidays is no restrictions come autumn/winter when the government shite themselves over the as yet undiscovered Benidorm variant then I'm sure most folk would begrudgingly accept that.

Gardeners must be dear round your way...

Girlfriend got her second dose today. Side effects in full swing and she’s away to bed with a fever and fatigue.

Just means I get to enjoy a curry, the football and a beer.

On 19/03/2021 at 14:31, superbigal said:

Daily Cases Update:  Not a bad day albeit weird we still now top the home nations by some margin.. Stirling down to 12th even with Fallin still top.  West Lothian the current Cesspit with 7.2% positivity that has no right to expect level 3 unless it pulls it's finger out. Those case numbers are pretty insulting compared to the efforts of the likes of Aberdeen

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 11th March to 17th March were 4,034 to 4,009 down 0.62%. Positivity was  3.2% still 3.2%.   Cases per 100k were 73.8 now 73.4

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average 59.1 to 58.9 down 0.34%, England 58.3 to 58.1,  Wales 44.2 to 42.7, Northern Ireland  69.8 to 64.4   

NHS Progress  Greater Glasgow 108.3 to 101.8  , Lanarkshire 99.4 to 99.4 , North Ayrshire & Arran 96.4 to 97.7,  Forth Valley  83.5 to 78.6 , Fife 75.5 the rest all under Scottish average.

European (Above 2 Million Population) Shockers: Czech 720 to 709, Hungary 517 to 529, Serbia 442 to 472, Poland 291 to 335, Sweden 267 to 292, Bulgaria 297, France 250 to 274, Italy 258 to 263, showing how much worse it is in Europe.  The UK only has below it Spain 58,  Portugal 45 (Who were top recently !!!) and Russia 35.   

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

The Bad boys club Over 100 Cartel

West Lothian  140.9 to 169.9  An astonishing rise of 50% in 2 days courtesy of Livingston Village & Eilburn South going over 1000

East Renfrewshire 141.3 to 130.8   Short stay at the top. Like St Mirren in top 6.

Glasgow City 130.5 to 122.3 Hopefully start of a turnaround down over 6%

North Lanarkshire  119.5 to 115.7

North Ayrshire  108.4 to 108.4    

South Ayrshire  101.2 to 102.1

Under 100 Club

Renfrewshire  113.3 to 98.3 to 90.5 Down over 20% in 2 days

Midlothian  90.9 to 87.6

Falkirk 82.7 to 83.3

South Lanarkshire 77.4 to 81.4

East Ayrshire   77.9 to 81.1

Stirling   93.4 to 78.5  Another 16% down.  Fallin still the worst area in Scotland.

Perth & Kinross  73.7 to 77.7   4th  daily large rise in a row.

Fife  76.3 to 75.5

Dundee City  67.6 to 73.7  A student party kicked off in Perth Road

Under Scottish Average club 73.4

Clackmannanshire 67.9 to 64.0 

West Dunbartonshire  59.6 to 60.7  

East Dunbartonshire 56.1 to 55.2  

SUB 50 Good Guys

City Of Edinburgh 42.5 to 45.1

East Lothian  48.6 to 43.0

Highlands  41.6 to 37.7

Inverclyde 36.0 to 36.0 

Shetland Islands 30.5 to 34.9  Another outbreak 8 cases thus far.

Aberdeen City 38.0 to 32.8  Awesome drop again over 13%

Aberdeenshire   28.7 to 32.5    

Havana & Malt Whisky club Sub 30.0

Moray 26.1 to 28.2

Angus  21.5 to 24.1

Scottish  Borders 17.3 to 15.6 

Argyll & Bute  9.3 to 11.6

Dumfries & Galloway  11.4 to 10.1  These guys were top early January.

Western Isles  3.7 to 3.7 

Orkney Island  0.0 to 0.0 

Edited by superbigal

18 minutes ago, Duszek said:

My brother-in-law is a chef in Madrid. His boss’s wife has just died from a blood clot, a few days after getting the AZ jab.

Not what you want to hear, really.

Oh great hearing this hours after my Mum got the AZ. Shes prone to bad circulation in her legs at the best of times 😔

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Oh great hearing this hours after my Mum got the AZ. Shes prone to bad circulation in her legs at the best of times 😔

Below minuscule chance of anything like this happening mate. Especially if your mum is over 50. Don't worry about it

Oh great hearing this hours after my Mum got the AZ. Shes prone to bad circulation in her legs at the best of times [emoji17]

The good news is you don’t have to worry because there’s absolutely no correlation. Anyone suffering a blood clot after AZ is purely coincidental and due to long-term lifestyle.

Just now, cameron2000 said:

The good news is you don’t have to worry because there’s absolutely no correlation. Anyone suffering a blood clot after AZ is purely coincidental and due to long-term lifestyle.

That's not entirely true for under 50s. But even then like @Tynierose said, the chances of dying of covid by miles outweigh the chances of dying of a clot.