Coronavirus (COVID-19)

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, just read about it, apparently a "simpler informal alternative" introduced in 2016, however it appears that the BBC are the only ones who use it, no doubt suits their usual condescending yet rather simplistic outlook on things.

Most Czechs I've spoken to think it's a stupid name and prefer Czech Republic. As much as I can't stand the BBC, their Czech correspondant is actually decent. He runs a FB group which provides  information on covid & other useful stuff for foreigners.

21 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Can't wait for more sanctimony about people meeting outside in the coming weeks, even though it's an utter irrelevance.

The comments underneath are pretty much as expected.

Shout out to the guy talking about morgues as well as the lady who clearly went to the beach complaining about how busy it was 

47 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Can't wait for more sanctimony about people meeting outside in the coming weeks, even though it's an utter irrelevance.

Sturgeon's briefing tomorrow bound to contain the words "made me want to cry". 

Didn't we have similar "scenes" last year and, shock horror, absolutely nothing came of it.

The comments on these things are exclusively from the Helen Lovejoys of this world. The type of people who will be left behind as the rest of us get back to normality.

The vast majority of people who have died of covid, caught it in a healthcare setting.

The vast majority of people who have died of covid had at least 1 very serious health condition.

People with serious health conditions attend healthcare settings.

Shutting down the rest of society has therefore been pointless,

Edited by Baz Chuckle

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 hours ago, realmadrid said:

This tweet aged well.

In less than 9 days we are going from under 30's getting their first jag in May to possibly by the end of July.

Supply was always going to be an issue at some point, that was the point I was trying to make last week.

I'm in  my mid to late 50's. Thought I might get a letter this week re a jag, but nothing. I'm now resigned to believing it'll be May.  Or I've been forgotten about. 

57 minutes ago, Aladdin said:
2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
Would love to see the likes of Hancock and Leitch put on the spot like this

Rand Paul is an absolute zoomer and his entire views on Covid should be filed in the bin.

Specsaver to trade >>>>dentist to trade m8.

Story saying that an oxford uni study has shown the Super infections dangerous mutant Brazilian variant is toast with existing vaccines, south African variant not so much but then this at the bottom:

Pollard, who helped to lead the Oxford vaccine team, said last month that the aim was to have a modified version, better suited to new variants, authorised for use well before next winter. “Designing a new vaccine is very, very quick,” he said. “Then there’s manufacturing to do and then a small-scale study — all of that can be completed in a very short period of time.”

*Pollard then lit a montecristo number 4. 

BBC pushing it pretty hard that vaccine nationalism in India is causing the delay in April.  Johnson denying this and strangely Jonathan Ashworth backing him up.  He has his head so far up Johnson’s arse you can barely make out what he’s saying.
There's something not quite right about the suggestion that any shortage will be down to an issue with supply from India. I was told months ago by someone at AZ that they were setting up facilities in India to supply elsewhere in the world (non-Europe) and UK was to be supplied by UK production. Also, the vaccine that is produced in India isn't tested here so can't be used here.

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:
5 hours ago, Left Back said:
BBC pushing it pretty hard that vaccine nationalism in India is causing the delay in April.  Johnson denying this and strangely Jonathan Ashworth backing him up.  He has his head so far up Johnson’s arse you can barely make out what he’s saying.

There's something not quite right about the suggestion that any shortage will be down to an issue with supply from India. I was told months ago by someone at AZ that they were setting up facilities in India to supply elsewhere in the world (non-Europe) and UK was to be supplied by UK production. Also, the vaccine that is produced in India isn't tested here so can't be used here.

We did a deal with the Serum Institute to supply 10m doses out-with our “planned” supply.  This was to be the acceleration that would get us hugely ahead of target.  Only getting half of those delivered in the expected timeframe means we can’t be a month ahead of schedule.

vaccine from India must be able to be used here as we have 5m doses of it currently being used.

So France along with a few more European countries have decided to restart roll out of an effective vaccine. 

They disregarded the advice from the European Medicines Regulatory Authority.

In the meantime Paris is going back into lockdown and another 15 regions set to do the same.

Disgraceful. 

Idiots.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer