Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I know about ICU/hospital admissions and deaths, but it's still cause for concern that Scotland's number of cases is heading in the wrong direction. 

It's hardly likely to encourage the SG to take the handbrake off tomorrow.

Who would have thought schools going back a few weeks ago wouldnt lead to an increase in case numbers? 

Tbh as long as death rates and ICU numbers arent rising then I dont see it as anything to worry about 

5 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Does anybody really celebrate anything at easter apart from the bible bashers? Just another weekend with a bank holiday thrown in.

If you're not a "bible basher" what else is there to celebrate at Easter?

55 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

There have still been no apologies from the "av goat two weans!" mob who were howling for getting the wee man out the house so they could have conference calls in peace, to the extent they kidded on that there were magical shields in school buildings while claiming it was "to save a generation!"

Did the “av goat two weans mob” make the decision to open schools? 

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

See clubs in Liverpool are being opened in April for a trial period. 

I wondered why Liverpool had been losing all their matches -they were closed.

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Pure, unadulterated, pish. 

Why did the Scottish government announce that blended learning was the policy and then alter course?

I'm probably wrong as always!

Edited by Marshmallo

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Why did the Scottish government announce that blended learning was the policy and then alter course?

I'm probably wrong as always!

Well, obviously cause parents across the country convinced them they were wrong. 

Or maybe because the policy was short term and couldn’t be sustained for longer than it was. 

Take your pick. 

I think you are right, you are wrong. 

Just now, Rugster said:

Yeah I’m still not seeing anything that says parents ordered the opening of schools. Unless I’m very much mistaken, parents don’t have that power. 

You're very much saying "it was the gun that killed him, not the shooter"

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

You're very much saying "it was the gun that killed him, not the shooter"

Well no, I’m very much not. 

You were looking for an apology from the “ahv goat two weans mob” (that’s absolutely hilarious patter by the way and not at all repetitive generalistic shite) for something that “Mob” didn’t do. 

11 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

Has anyone had the AZ vaccine lately? Does anyone think we’ll cancel it over here? I’m due to get it today but feeling a bit nervous. 

I'm glad you got it in the end.

I got the AstraZeneca vaccine in Spain on Friday and was absolutely fucked on Saturday. Like a cross between a monumental hangover and fever with an insane thirst, shivering as well as being knackered. Improved quite a bit on Sunday to the point of feeling mormal then crap again today to the point of thinking I was going to pass out on the way home as well as rapid changes in temperature.

About three quarters of my workplace got it on Friday and a good chunk (roughly half) experienced something similar. 

I'm still delighted that I got it as it is clearly safe and these are just crappy side effects. Spain have now paused it for 15 days, meaning the rest of my colleagues won't be getting it for a while. 

On a side note, the administration of it here was mental. My appointment was 5.10 on Friday, turned up about half 4 and had to wait in a queue of over 1000 people before getting it about 7ish, with no one checking my appointment at all.