Coronavirus (COVID-19)

52 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Except it is true.  There is no International travel roadmap in England either, there might be by the middle of next month, there might not be.

The UK Gov has given an indicative date of 17th May to review intermational travel.

In light of this, you can currently book an EasyJet flight from Manchester to Palma a few days later.

Guess where EasyJet have no scheduled flights from? That's right, Scotland.

It's absolute head in the sand stuff to expect airlines not to react to the SG's dithering by shelving routes from Scottish airports, however temporary, which will have wider reaching consequences than "they might be back in a year or two"

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Most of us on here know of HSF and Ruggy's situation and she made mention that her family who provide vital care are now all vaccinated. 

A quite positive thing to most folk reading it that a family who have went through a power of shit feel a wee bit safer.

But you had to use it as another opportunity to get another fucking snide dig away as if they and theirs are somehow exploiting loopholes for their own gain. 

I don't want to fight Ruggy's or HSF's battle here as I know Ruggy well enough that he doesn't need me weighing into anything on his behalf but as someone who has a parent currently living with the same condition as his wife, I feel compelled here to tell you to go and take a fucking run and jump with your constant shite snarky attitude and 'Oh boohoo, so what, get over it losers' 14 year old edgy behaviour. 

You're a w**k mate. You've been a w**k since the day you landed on this thread and your w**k behaviour endures constantly. 

How the f**k did I have a dig, I don't even know anything about most posters on here, my post was that unpaid carers SHOULD be up the list to lessen the risk of transmission. 

31 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

And there will be plenty that would have preferred to be higher up the queue to reduce the risk of transmission. Fanny. 

24 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Who cares what you and yours have done, there are plenty of others that could have and should have climbed the list. 

That's not having a dig? You have quite the warped view in agreeing with someone. 

South Ayrshire moving from tier one to tier three territory in the space of a few days really shows up how much of a shambles the new tiers will be. 
They wont be reviewed every few days though so spikes like ours just now will be just that. I very much doubt that this is the start of some Ayr centric third wave.

Marvellous
Hopefully Sannox will chip in so we can get a proper Minter pun.

Totally off topic but when one of my mates text me that Hagler was gone I soon came across YouTube footage of the Minter fight. It's utterly savage, brutal stuff. A total beating worse than anything you see in the likes of UFC today.

30 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That's not having a dig? You have quite the warped view in agreeing with someone. 

I think you'll find I was only responding in kind.

Obviously too quick to play the man rather than the posts on here as usual. 

Edited by ayrmad

37 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
53 minutes ago, Elixir said:
We are the only nation in Europe firing people into hotels. Well, that's if they don't just fly in from England or Ireland. Then there's the complete lack of support for the sector. Down south, they are all making preparations. Up here, there is nothing of the sort. Now, I agree that a lot of this is likely posturing in terms of when Scotland opens up compared to England, but I don't want our options being limited or forced to travel south of the border for certain flights. That just feeds into the whole 'too wee, too poor' nonsense. Tourism alone is 5% of Scottish GDP, let alone aviation and related supply chains. Without this being able to boom again in future, the economic argument for independence won't be won. Lessons should be learned from last time.

There is currently no tourism, so the hotel quarantine issue is largely immaterial, unless you seriously think they'll retain it for flights from Malaga or Tenerife when travel/tourism resumes.

It doesn't set a good precedent for a future bounce back, though, when there is clearly a lot of pent up demand. The mood music isn't exactly clear or positive for lifting quarantine either. Even if it's 'largely immaterial' on paper, it is terrible messaging for the industry. Imprisoning people who may have had to return home for say, compassionate reasons, is also absurd.

18 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The UK Gov has given an indicative date of 17th May to review intermational travel.

In light of this, you can currently book an EasyJet flight from Manchester to Palma a few days later.

It's absolute head in the sand stuff to expect airlines not to react to the SG's dithering by shelving routes from Scottish airports, however temporary, which will have wider reaching consequences than "they might be back in a year or two"

I'm sure people desperate to fly from Scotland to Palma with easyjet can wait a whole 12 days after the UK indicative date to fly out.

I can book Edinburgh to Palma right now for May on easyJet. If its SG uncertainty affecting route availability, why are those flights still operating pre and post 17th May?

Head in the sand stuff?

It doesn't set a good precedent for a future bounce back, though, when there is clearly a lot of pent up demand. The mood music isn't exactly clear or positive for lifting quarantine either. Even if it's 'largely immaterial' on paper, it is terrible messaging for the industry. Imprisoning people who may have had to return home for say, compassionate reasons, is also absurd.
I'm not defending blanket quarantine, but it'll be gone just as soon as international travel comes back, with maybe a few real trouble spots remaining on the list.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Good for them. I haven’t jumped any queue. Everyone in our family has been vaccinated according to the JCVI list. You’ve always come across as an utter superior c**t on here, but this takes the biscuit. f**k you. 

Think you have misread the post.  It looked like he was suggesting that carers should have been higher priority not accusing you or anyone of queue jumping.

8 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

At the very latest, all restrictions should be gone by 1st September.20210314_201854.jpeg

Domestic restrictions should not last a day beyond groups 1-9 being given both doses.

Edited by Marshmallo