Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I wonder when we can actually be trusted to enter the likes of a baker’s shop or cafe and buy a takeaway roll and coffee etc? I vaguely understand why the government wanted to limit movements and contact in January but tbh I see more risk with huddles of folk standing in groups and  usually blocking pavements! I’ve seen folk with prams and pets regularly nearly getting run down by cars and cyclists, as they sidestep a crowd waiting to be served!
Bakers shops here bar the big chains like Greigs are allowing you inside only cafes doing the table across the door thing.

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

They specifically stated non contact sports though. 

It'll probably have been accompanied with specific advice to individual sporting bodies, and they've presumably advised the SFA that this is now allowed.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

It'll probably have been accompanied with specific advice to individual sporting bodies, and they've presumably advised the SFA that this is now allowed.

Cheers

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

Bakers shops here bar the big chains like Greigs are allowing you inside only cafes doing the table across the door thing.

I think it may actually still be allowed for bakeries. I was picking up a birthday cake for my wife from a bakery (which was otherwise closed) and she mentioned that I would actually have been allowed to come inside for it because her shop was a bakery.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I’ve been to a few of the Baynes and Stephen’s bakers in Stirling and they all have the multiple layers of plastic screes at from door, and coupled with the doddery old assistant and myself wearing masks, it’s really pot luck what you end up getting lol.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
3 minutes ago, Steven W said:
JL saying that if case numbers continue to rise we may need to re-think things.
Thats scary to be honest - with that mindset re cases, how will we ever get out of this?

He did also say that he really didn't expect the rise to continue for context.

That’s surely irrelevant, though?

The point is that he thinks cases are as important now as they were a year ago.

4 minutes ago, Steven W said:
Thats scary to be honest - with that mindset re cases, how will we ever get out of this?

I mean obviously that’s good, but if they are genuinely in the mindset of cases rising = more restrictions then that’s really worrying. I’ll hold back any seethe until next Tuesday though. No point in getting annoyed at the minute by little soundbites.

2 minutes ago, Steven W said:

No - he speculated it may be a blip.

Which of course it may. But he definetly said "we may need to re-think things"

And also caveated it with they don't know how it will translate into hospitalisation and deaths because of the vaccine, if they don't follow the usual pattern (think he said for 200 cases it would be approx 70 hosp and 7 deaths) then it would likely be a good sign to keep going.

It does back up the point that when you open, cases go up, a few weeks after our schools went back limitedly the cases have gone up. Imagine what may follow down south considering they chucked everyone in at once.

That’s surely irrelevant, though?
The point is that he thinks cases are as important now as they were a year ago.
It should be especially once the most vulnerable are vaccinated. I can just about understand concern over new cases until early May but beyond that no.

And also caveated it with they don't know how it will translate into hospitalisation and deaths because of the vaccine, if they don't follow the usual pattern (think he said for 200 cases it would be approx 70 hosp and 7 deaths) then it would likely be a good sign to keep going.

It does back up the point that when you open, cases go up, a few weeks after our schools went back limitedly the cases have gone up. Imagine what may follow down south considering they chucked everyone in at once.
Watch with that, it was me making exactly that point that started last night's rammy !!!

2 minutes ago, Steven W said:
No - he speculated it may be a blip.
Which of course it may. But he definetly said "we may need to re-think things"

I didn't say he didn't I heard him say that too !!!

And I didn't say you didn't say that :-)