Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Meant to post this earlier - it'll have flew under the radar a bit I imagine, but last night the SFA performed something of a u-turn on football for u12s by now allowing it proceed on a contact basis. Since late December when we went into lockdown it had only been permissable on a non-contact basis.

This is a little confusing because to the best of my knowledge SG have never actually OK'd this.

12 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's a dig because the poster is implying that VT has no direct experience of teaching.

Our janny taught us how to balance a broom on one finger, he could get it on his nose but that was an advanced level none of us ever reached.

No teacher taught me anything as useful.

26 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Ahhhh I get you, thanks! I thought he was saying I'll get another one saying there'd been a mistake

Joking aside, I was miffed to get my blue envelope yesterday but now suspect that it's because I have a mild neurological condition which I didn't even consider might be a reason.  Although it has absolutely no chance of it being a Covid hazard, it would seem that it's been lumped into the same broad category as the worst forms of  epilepsy, the latter of which can apparently be triggered by a fever brought on by the virus.  As a result, I'll be seen as a Category 6 and given priority over the 60-64 age group.

Eta:  I never get offered a free flu jab though.  Is a fever is no longer a flu symptom?   :wacko: 

Edited by Hedgecutter

5 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Meant to post this earlier - it'll have flew under the radar a bit I imagine, but last night the SFA performed something of a u-turn on football for u12s by now allowing it proceed on a contact basis. Since late December when we went into lockdown it had only been permissable on a non-contact basis.

This is a little confusing because to the best of my knowledge SG have never actually OK'd this.

Is this immediately do you know mate? We're sending out youngest back to his class tomorrow. Might be nice if he can actually get a proper game

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

WRK with every second post being themed around the hatred of Tories, with a hilarious Tory attitude post demeaning the job of a lollipop person. 

Don't forget his anti- traveller racism which he refused to acknowledge when pointed out 

13 minutes ago, Steven W said:

The Scottish government loosened the restrictions on outdoor sport this week.

682 new cases (3.4 percent), 512 in hospital (-12) and 38 in ICU (-2).

Another solid day. Wee bit disappointing to see the percentage rising, but it's still well below the 5 percent. Hospital numbers are the main thing, and they are looking good. Should drop below 500 this weekend I'd imagine. 

Wonder how many of the ICU patients are long-stay?

Lifted those numbers from Radio Clyde. But Travelling Tabby has yesterday's hospital numbers as 556. In which case it's another day of tremendous progress on that front.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

3 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

It maybe he’s something to do with their doctors, they’re all at the same practice. My brother who is 55 is with a different practice hasn’t been offered his yet and he stays in Dumfries as well. 

I get the flu jag every year due to a mild asthma and I'm in Dumfries. Not had word at all about the covid vaccination yet. 

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Another solid day. Wee bit disappointing to see the percentage rising, but it's still well below the 5 percent. Hospital numbers are the main thing, and they are looking good. Should drop below 500 this weekend I'd imagine. 

Lifted those numbers from Radio Clyde. But Travelling Tabby has yesterday's hospital numbers as 556. In which case it's another day of tremendous progress on that front.

That’s the numbers that were announced. There was a caveat on yesterday’s numbers in that NHS Lothian’s weren’t updated yesterday. Presumably today’s drops are down from why yesterday’s would have been if Lothian’s had been available.

Yeah I checked what Scot Gov had yesterday and it was 556 so they have that wrong. So yeah, a very good drop

6 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

That’s the numbers that were announced. There was a caveat on yesterday’s numbers in that NHS Lothian’s weren’t updated yesterday. Presumably today’s drops are down from why yesterday’s would have been if Lothian’s had been available.

Ah cool, I wasn't aware of that. 

5 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Great to hear it said out loud there that the vaccination numbers should shoot right back up to the 400k a week level next week. 

Fantastic news. Hopefully we start to see progress on all fronts speed up over the coming weeks now.

I wonder when we can actually be trusted to enter the likes of a baker’s shop or cafe and buy a takeaway roll and coffee etc? I vaguely understand why the government wanted to limit movements and contact in January but tbh I see more risk with huddles of folk standing in groups and  usually blocking pavements! I’ve seen folk with prams and pets regularly nearly getting run down by cars and cyclists, as they sidestep a crowd waiting to be served!