Coronavirus (COVID-19)

That’s my daughter (33) and son who recently turned 30 both been offered their vaccine and booked in for next week. My sons partner who’s 25 also got offered it but she refused it as she’s pregnant. All have no health conditions and are a reasonable healthy. They all stay in Dumfries where quite a number of healthy 20/30 year olds are now being offered the vaccine. 

5 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

That’s my daughter (33) and son who recently turned 30 both been offered their vaccine and booked in for next week. My sons partner who’s 25 also got offered it but she refused it as she’s pregnant. All have no health conditions and are a reasonable healthy. They all stay in Dumfries where quite a number of healthy 20/30 year olds are now being offered the vaccine. 

Union dividend imo

They are lucky still not at 50-55s in South Ayrshire bar underlying health problems

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

There is an article in The Times linking Scottish football grounds to high covid death rates. 

It's probably the worst article I have read over the last year, truly unbelievable shark jumping stuff. 

No mention of the time of deaths given no one has been to a football match in one whole year. 

My favourite but was linking St Mirren with its rural hinterlands of Langbank and Howwood. 

The correlation with poverty is only mentioned at the bottom of the article. 

Screenshot_20210312_064807_uk.co.thetimes.jpg

That appears to assume that most Rangers fans stayed in the local area, and likewise that most Celtic fans stay in the local area. Which anyone who knows anything about Scottish football would tell you isn't the case.

The point about St Mirren and Langbank is laughable too. Stirling has the highest rates of infection in the country at the moment, so I can only assume that the Binos are to blame for that one. Just because a town close to a football stadium has high rates doesn't make there a link. Bizarre stuff.

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

That appears to assume that most Rangers fans stayed in the local area, and likewise that most Celtic fans stay in the local area. Which anyone who knows anything about Scottish football would tell you isn't the case.

The point about St Mirren and Langbank is laughable too. Stirling has the highest rates of infection in the country at the moment, so I can only assume that the Binos are to blame for that one. Just because a town close to a football stadium has high rates doesn't make there a link. Bizarre stuff.

I was reading that thinking exactly the same thing. Is the region of Ibrox itself not an industrial estate anyway?  Can't imagine there's many houses there.

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

There is an article in The Times linking Scottish football grounds to high covid death rates. 

It's probably the worst article I have read over the last year, truly unbelievable shark jumping stuff. 

No mention of the time of deaths given no one has been to a football match in one whole year. 

My favourite but was linking St Mirren with its rural hinterlands of Langbank and Howwood. 

The correlation with poverty is only mentioned at the bottom of the article. 

Screenshot_20210312_064807_uk.co.thetimes.jpg

The most annoying thing about that article is it almost certainly wasn't a good idea for that Leverkusen match to go ahead with a capacity crowd and it would have been useful to see some proper impact analysis on that. But making up tenuous links to infection rates is just daft, scaremongering nonsense. 

9 hours ago, madwullie said:

I suppose it is true that VT is very much a fair minded poster that plays the ball at all times and would never insinuate stuff about others to come across as a bit nasty or to win an internet argument, so it's only right to defend his honest and just posting style by pointing out the transgressions of others. And he certainly doesn't look down his nose at vast swathes of society he considers to be beneath him, cos if he did, we'd all be piling in pointing out what a poor tone there is to his posts 

So because VT has riled some people up, it’s then acceptable to use certain jobs, which other posters completely unrelated to the argument with VT will have, as a negative, embarrassing role to have to get back at him?

Not for me, Jeff.

9 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It has been deduced by some that VT has some experience of working in the education system - I assume the dig is that it was as a janny.

Given he's dropped hints about his History qualifications you'd assume History teacher or lecturer.

As above. So if I’m a janitor (ignoring that janitors wouldn’t be maintaining boilers 🙄) that has nothing to do with this argument, you think it’s fine to demean my job and make me feel like shite, as long as it gets a dig in at VT? 

Poor stuff.

7 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
9 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
It has been deduced by some that VT has some experience of working in the education system - I assume the dig is that it was as a janny.

Given he's dropped hints about his History qualifications you'd assume History teacher or lecturer.

Lollipop man?

🙄

22 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
32 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

They are lucky still not at 50-55s in South Ayrshire bar underlying health problems

It maybe he’s something to do with their doctors, they’re all at the same practice. My brother who is 55 is with a different practice hasn’t been offered his yet and he stays in Dumfries as well. 

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

So because VT has riled some people up, it’s then acceptable to use certain jobs, which other posters completely unrelated to the argument with VT will have, as a negative, embarrassing role to have to get back at him?

Not for me, Jeff.

As above. So if I’m a janitor (ignoring that janitors wouldn’t be maintaining boilers 🙄) that has nothing to do with this argument, you think it’s fine to demean my job and make me feel like shite, as long as it gets a dig in at VT? 

Poor stuff.

🙄

lol. Never before seen piety on P&B. First time for everything I suppose. 

Good to see you're a man of morals. I look forward to you jumping on his posts when he does the same thing to other posters. 

It maybe he’s something to do with their doctors, they’re all at the same practice. My brother who is 55 is with a different practice hasn’t been offered his yet and he stays in Dumfries as well. 

Myself and my dad were both offered the vaccine and accepted it 2 weeks ago, I’m 29, 30 in July and hes 56. Both asthmatic but mild.

My sister who’s 25 hasn’t been offered it yet despite having asthma as well. We’re only presuming that as here is even more mild than ours they left her until later in the program.

8 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Myself and my dad were both offered the vaccine and accepted it 2 weeks ago, I’m 29, 30 in July and hes 56. Both asthmatic but mild.

My sister who’s 25 hasn’t been offered it yet despite having asthma as well. We’re only presuming that as here is even more mild than ours they left her until later in the program.

A lot of surgeries are offering the vaccine to anyone that gets the flu jag.  Is there a correlation there?

31 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I was reading that thinking exactly the same thing. Is the region of Ibrox itself not an industrial estate anyway?  Can't imagine there's many houses there.

I'm not sure where the data boundary lines are, but a lot of Ibrox is certainly industrial. I bought my first car from a wee garage about two streets back.

My staunch pal always told me that Ibrox itself was not historically a Rangers (by which I assume he means protestant) neighbourhood. Kinning Park was apparently far more staunch. I've no idea if that's true or not.

19 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

To the surprise of absolutely no one, they have gone back up after opening schools.

Over the last 7 days, 0-14 year olds are the third highest group for new infections. So much so that 4% of all cases in that age group have occured in that time frame.

If they are going to worry about infection numbers for the levels system then schools, clearly, need to be treated the same as every other indoor space until we have vaccinated our adult population, however much this annoys parents.

Screenshot_20210311-130321_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20210311-130333_Opera.jpg

Is that the best way of looking at it? As more groups get vaccinated, the unvaccinated groups become proportionally more significant in the overall case mix. Pretty sure as well that 0-14s have been higher than either the 15-19/20-24 groups for a good while, since the Unis went off in fact.

If you look at the PHS Covid dashboard data for the 0-14s:

image.png.d78ed952b379e579b5978da98f64b3aa.png

image.png.3a4b8ed9b395ad3613b99aac126f6206.png

The dot is at 22nd febraury, when nursery and P1 through 3 went back. 7 day average at that point was 43.1 for Females, 40.4 for Males. Two weeks later on the 8th march the 7 day average was 40.4 for Females and 44.9 for Males. Rough and tough that's a fairly flat trajectory. The last full data point we have is 9th March. As the data updates we'll see how much of an increase we are getting from the lower years being open. There is a lot of variance in the day to day figures, and it's interesting that the average hit an all time low around the 15th of february and had increased through that week until the day the early years went back.

27 minutes ago, renton said:

Is that the best way of looking at it?

Tbh I don't know. I just though it was quite striking that, despite the relatively large number of cases over the last few months, more than 1 in 25 (4.6% now) of cases in that age group ever recorded were recorded in the previous 7 days, two weeks after bundling all P1-P3 kids back to school.