Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Thats Humza doubling down on Jason’s ‘ill take your euros away’ pish. Id suggest that if UEFA or Fifa were even remotely concerned about crime or public safety they wouldnt have had a world cup in Russia (and some of the euros) and the next world cup in Qatar. 
If FIFA or UEFA were remotely concerned about crime both organisations would have been disbanded years ago. They are as corrupt as these sort of institutions can be. Up there with the IOC !

Question needs to be asked tho, why are rangers having a party before they win the league? Obviously they will go on and win shortly so why this weekend?
Possibly they realise there is ZERO chance of something similar to yesterday being allowed after an OF game ?

12 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Question needs to be asked tho, why are rangers having a party before they win the league? Obviously they will go on and win shortly so why this weekend?

Because we can. 

How old are you?  I've worked out I'd need my first jab no later than April 10th if we've any chance of getting abroad in July.    I'm 43 so hoping to get word in the next 2-3 weeks.
Isn't it all over 50s by May so no chance of 43yo by 10 April you would think unless underlying health issues.

Incidentally why would you need both doses to get abroad in July ?
If non essential overseas travel is permitted is it going to be restricted to two dosers ? If so that's going to exclude a massive chunk of under 50s. I suspect you will need two doses to avoid testing and quarantine but I doubt holidays will be restricted to 2 dosers per se if it is indeed allowed at all by July

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Isn't it all over 50s by May so no chance of 43yo by 10 April you would think unless underlying health issues.

If non essential overseas travel is permitted is it going to be restricted to two dosers ? If so that's going to exclude a massive chunk of under 50s. I suspect you will need two doses to avoid testing and quarantine but I doubt holidays will be restricted to 2 dosers per se if it is indeed allowed at all by July

I know a lot of it is guesswork just now but I worry you'll need both jabs with the possibility of a vaccine passport to allow you to travel without quarantining in Scotland when you land.   Ignoring the idea of flying back to England, obviously.  That's not even taking into account the £1700 charge for the privilege.

Edited by LargsTON

Heard a bit of Devi when I went out in the car.

I should have a smile on my face because I'll hear the laughter of children going to school in the sunshine..

Smiling at children going to school has gotten me in to enough trouble in the past.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So am I, but try speak out against them and their pathetic performance in government and management of this pandemic and you’re labelled a tory ‘yoon’. Independence and a desire to have competent governance are reasonable positions to people outside the cult.

Google ‘florida man’ and you’ll understand.

14 mentions of the word Yoon on this thread, 3 of them by you, none of them directed at you 

18 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The prescribed dosing regime by the manufacturers of all vaccines except J&J is two doses. In that respect you're not "fully vaccinated" until you've had both. 

Might be on a country by country basis, but won't be surprised to see both doses demanded in many. 

The prescribed dosing regime by the manufacturers of all vaccines except J&J is two doses. In that respect you're not "fully vaccinated" until you've had both. 
Might be on a country by country basis, but won't be surprised to see both doses demanded in many. 
That's going to screw the holiday firms this summer then, huge limit on who will even be eligible to go in that scenario given the initial ambition is one dose by end July.

18 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Nottingham moving onto the under 60s now, Mrs Fifer got a letter this morning asking her to book both jabs, so she's getting done next Saturday and first week in June.
No sign of a letter for me though....

Stay Safe...

1 hour ago, AllSaint said:

Xenophobia is never a great look.

Who is being xenophobic? Florida man is a trait that is promoted by Americans, first time i heard the term was a radio station in Florida... 

29 minutes ago, madwullie said:

14 mentions of the word Yoon on this thread, 3 of them by you, none of them directed at you 

Nice of you to google but again, where did i say only on this thread? Plenty of people using the ‘if youre not snp youre a tory’ rhetoric all over here and twitter etc. Its almost as if the SNP lot are now resorting to desperate tactics to almost try and shame people into voting for them because they can’t point to anything positive done by them to convince you, when the unionist side tried this tactic in indy ref it was labelled as project fear.

3 hours ago, Tynierose said:

First dose of Pfizer i felt a bit shit for a couple if days, second dose was fine other than a bit of a sore arm.  

I didn't feel great the next day after my jag (AZ), but there's a lot of days I don't feel great without being injected the previous day - like yesterday, for instance.

My wife wasn't great for a day or two and her sore arm lasted the guts of a week, iIrc.

Our daughter was fine.

27 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
33 minutes ago, Michael W said:

That's going to screw the holiday firms this summer then, huge limit on who will even be eligible to go in that scenario given the initial ambition is one dose by end July.

The Greek government has already said that proof of vaccines would be an alternative to a negative PCR test: most likely taken before leaving your home country. 

The Club Med countries will be making it as easy as possible to get Brits in this summer because they have huge numbers of jobs and economic activity depending on reopening to mass tourism.

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Who is being xenophobic? Florida man is a trait that is promoted by Americans, first time i heard the term was a radio station in Florida... 

It had nothing to do with the Florida Man comments and everything to do with the clear xenophobic comments made by another poster. 

1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

How old are you?  I've worked out I'd need my first jab no later than April 10th if we've any chance of getting abroad in July.    I'm 43 so hoping to get word in the next 2-3 weeks.

I'm 62 and still waiting for notification of first jab. Getting impatient now TBH.

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

The Greek government has already said that proof of vaccines would be an alternative to a negative PCR test: most likely taken before leaving your home country. 

The Club Med countries will be making it as easy as possible to get Brits in this summer because they have huge numbers of jobs and economic activity depending on reopening to mass tourism.

I think with the narrative shifting towards the idea that only the clinically vulnerable need vaccinated for covid you may see a shift in thinking to giving only the jcvi list plus health workers the two doses and a single dose for all others given the news on tcell and pre-existing immunity which has been pointed at recently. If that is indeed the case then it’ll not just the club med countries which will open up.