Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Pretty disgusting scenes outside ibrokes today, combined with the St Johnstone and previous incidents/rioting at Parkhead, yet the Scottish Government thinks the spl is safe to continue but lower league/non league football is not safe despite the previous mentioned more likely to have a far more significant impact on covid transmission. 
My team hasnt had a game this year due to the lockdown but has followed every rule religiously set on it by the government and not had a single detected transmission related to our players or games, yet apparently more at risk than thousands of people outside grounds in Glasgow, Perth and Livingston?

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Pretty disgusting scenes outside ibrokes today, combined with the St Johnstone and previous incidents/rioting at Parkhead, yet the Scottish Government thinks the spl is safe to continue but lower league/non league football is not safe despite the previous mentioned more likely to have a far more significant impact on covid transmission. 
My team hasnt had a game this year due to the lockdown but has followed every rule religiously set on it by the government and not had a single detected transmission related to our players or games, yet apparently more at risk than thousands of people outside grounds in Glasgow, Perth and Livingston?

Just today?

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So? My team’s top of our league in our first season in senior football and yet we’ve managed to not behave like cretins? 

0_Rangers-v-Royal-Antwerp-UEFA-Europa-League-Round-of-32-Second-Leg-Ibrox-Stadium.jpg

11 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

One (hopeful) positive to take from this would be that, assuming there's no spike in cases on the back of it (there wasn't at any similar type of 'events' last year), it would prove the point about outdoor transmission.

Not that SG would pay much attention, and will inevitably go with their default, negative setting, and blame football across the board.

Edited by Steven W

Just now, Steven W said:

One (hopeful) positive to take from this would be that, assuming there's no spike in cases on the back of it (there wasn't at any similar type of 'events' last year), it would prove the point about outdoor transmission.

Not that SG would pay much attention, and will inevitably go with their default, negative setting.

If they had a set the spfl would have told them to disperse or cancel the game, how is that apparently safe? Even more congested than sitting or standing on terraces etc. 

14 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Clydebank are not obliged to test anywhere near as often rigorously as a top flight or second tier club, so that comparison is meaningless. 

Secondly, and for the umpteenth time on here, the decision to suspend certain leagues had nothing to do with their relative risk of infection v any other league. The question was whether during a national lockdown in which people are being fined for meeting their mum or dad indoors or sitting on a park bench for too long, it is still appropriate for players, staff and committee men to traipse up and down the country every Saturday for a glorified hobby and not a genuine work purpose. Quite rightly, this was knocked on the head: it should have been done ever since the October 'circuit-breaker' in the Central Belt. 

Edited by vikingTON

31 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Would any of the Scottish Government simps on here like to have a go at squaring why Sturgeon is pathologically lying and/or being disingenuous with damaging/scaremongering statements like this:

Meanwhile, the actual fucking UK leader in genomic sequencing has subsequently stated this:

Granted, Sturgeon is receiving completely flawed advice from people out of their scientific remit like the dentist and nutritionist/anthropologist, so I'll give her that benefit of the doubt at least. Or is it simply a fact that the cult simps can't abide by any 'facts in front of your eyes' criticism of the benevolent leader and party?

To be fair to NS here, given the direction of the recent chatter about the UK "getting back to normal" in the summer, this does not automatically include international travel.

That said NS is going to continue to use that line to show how much more committed she is to keeping us all safe until such time as BJ opens the UK border for tourism.

As others have said the idea of a 'closed' border around Scotland whilst the border around England is open is fantasyland stuff. The UK Gov told NS to bolt when she asked them to put everyone arriving from abroad who was travelling to Scotland into hotels so they certainly aren't going to worry about going to the trouble of recording details of arrivals that are coming here to ensure they quarantine at home if she tries going down that route. I wouldn't worry about it.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If they had a set the spfl would have told them to disperse or cancel the game, how is that apparently safe? Even more congested than sitting or standing on terraces etc. 

I'm not defending it. I agree with you entirely.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Outside transmission barely exists. 

Even if there are 10,000 people it's unlikely that more than a handful of them are infectious. Just like the BLM protests or Leeds and Liverpool fans celebrating  last year this will not have any impact on infection levels. 

24 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Would any of the Scottish Government simps on here like to have a go at squaring why Sturgeon is pathologically lying and/or being disingenuous with damaging/scaremongering statements like this:

Meanwhile, the actual fucking UK leader in genomic sequencing has subsequently stated this:

Granted, Sturgeon is receiving completely flawed advice from people out of their scientific remit like the dentist and nutritionist/anthropologist, so I'll give her that benefit of the doubt at least. Or is it simply a fact that the cult simps can't abide by any 'facts in front of your eyes' criticism of the benevolent leader and party?

I mean I'm only seeing the headline and lede of the article in the Times, but those two statements aren't mutually exclusive. 

It can be "very unlikely" (note, not definitely won't happen) that variants pose a problem because over time we will tweak vaccines to deal with them, and the biggest risk (note not certain to happen) can be variants being imported all at the same time. 

Crazy stuff I know. 

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Outside transmission barely exists. 

Even if there are 10,000 people it's unlikely that more than a handful of them are infectious. Just like the BLM protests or Leeds and Liverpool fans celebrating  last year this will not have any impact on infection levels. 

Correct. And in that case, why on earth not let fans inside a stadium, where if anything, you can actually control their movements to some degree? It's fkn mental and really needs looking at. The longer this nonsense goes on the more not having fans at sport becomes normalised.

7 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I mean I'm only seeing the headline and lede of the article in the Times, but those two statements aren't mutually exclusive. 

It can be "very unlikely" (note, not definitely won't happen) that variants pose a problem because over time we will tweak vaccines to deal with them, and the biggest risk (note not certain to happen) can be variants being imported all at the same time. 

Crazy stuff I know. 

ebc.gif.50d428791db7dace91a092eb0d199bf1.gif

WTF are the currants gathering outside Ibrox for today when absolutely nothing can be confirmed no matter the result this afternoon. Odd how a "rave" in a field gets the full riot police dispersal yet a large crowd of mutants outside Ibrox is in effect legitimized by the lack of action to disperse it.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

WTF are the currants gathering outside Ibrox for today when absolutely nothing can be confirmed no matter the result this afternoon. Odd how a "rave" in a field gets the full riot police dispersal yet a large crowd of mutants outside Ibrox is in effect legitimized by the lack of action to disperse it.

Masonic handshake works wonders in these situations I’m led to believe.

Just had an emergency call from my mate, he is isolating and has no beer left.
If I get stopped by the Polis I will argue its essential travel.
Nae beer nae perty.

Still haven’t once been asked what I was doing on foot or in the car. Almost a year now, not that I’m complaining obviously I’m glad but this is a kiddy on lockdown