Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

It's hardly tinfoil hat stuff.

Sturgeon, Devi, Leitch, Boris, Raab, Gove have all talked about it as being inevitable.

Hmmm. Quite the reach.

Back in non-tinfoil land, they've spoken about the possibility of one. That is not the same as 'inevitable'.

I'll say though that you have been on quite the sustained conspiracy theory tear on here over the past couple of weeks.

15 hours ago, virginton said:

Me en route to Manchester Airport in July, while Devi is telling everyone to create their own sunshine out of 11C sideways rain and gurning about the Inner Mongolia variant:

DLLyGZ.gif.0a687329b587465df5325d9d7d26aae6.gif

Won't your mum be a bit embarrassed if you cause a scene at Southwaite?

7 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

He also thinks my life is less valuable than yours because I have incurable cancer. 

If he is a Tory then he will no doubt have a handy scale of lives with considerably less value than his own

37 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The total for Test and Trace has went up to £37 billion.  For some comparison that is equivalent to the entire annual GDP of Bulgaria. 

Very strange indeed.

An amazing amount to spend on something with would appear to have made absolutely no difference.

Bairns been back at school 2 full weeks now and we’ve been getting the usual notification on the school app about wearing masks at the school gates etc but yesterday we got one about bairns brining stuffed animals etc in to the school and how this is a risk to spreading the virus, just happen to send this the day after they told parents they could send their kids to school dressed up for world book day and bring a book in.

24 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

An amazing amount to spend on something with would appear to have made absolutely no difference.

Didn't it identify the rogue Brazilian variant case in London just a day or so ago?  I'm not saying that is worth 37b but still.

3 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Aye I know but being born in the mid 90s and only seeing Partridge in the early 2010s I always thought Sue Cook was just one of the characters played by Rebecca Front 

Ok.

Don't have nightmares about it.