Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Don't you mean they're taking the more responsible approach. 

They're taking the approach of ruining business confidence and the ability to plan ahead.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

Spain considering a green corridor for the vaccinated UK travellers.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/spain-consider-green-corridor-uk-23608742

However -

The Scottish Government has so far remained cagey on the idea of international travel due to the risks posed by new variants of the virus.

Scotland’s National Clinical Director, Jason Leitch, has hinted that Scots holidays could be restricted to domestic-only.

Speaking last week, he said: “I think UK travel will be possible in 2021, but I’m not sure when, that will depend on prevalence. Everything depends on prevalence.”

“The hospitals are still very busy, 10,500 people across the UK admitted in the last seven days. So we’re talking about May, June, July, domestic travel may well be possible.”

He added: “International travel worries me for different reasons because we don’t have any control over what’s happening in the destination.

“You’re going to be careful about what travel corridors might look like.”

So variants and prevalence, prevalence and variants.

No optimism or faith in our vaccination program???

Again, Clownshoes needs to realise the idea of English folk travelling abroad, but not Scottish folk, is utter fantasy land stuff which will be laughed right out the terminal doors at Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Aberdeen airports.

In all seriousness I’m absolutely delighted to get that call. Our local gp must be well ahead because my category target is 15 April. It’s to protect my wife more than me and I’m buzzing. 

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

They're taking the approach of ruining business confidence and the ability to plan ahead.

Again, Clownshoes needs to realise the idea of English folk travelling abroad, but not Scottish folk, is utter fantasy land stuff which will be laughed right out the terminal doors at Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Aberdeen airports.

Me en route to Manchester Airport in July, while Devi is telling everyone to create their own sunshine out of 11C sideways rain and gurning about the Inner Mongolia variant:

DLLyGZ.gif.0a687329b587465df5325d9d7d26aae6.gif

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Germany has approved the AZ vaccine for over 65s and is also now using a 12 week second dose strategy.

Two World Wars, One World Cup and One Pandemic.

For you Fritz, the Covid is over...

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

I believe nurses start somewhere between £21-23K typically. 

A degree doesn't guarantee cash. I have one and make £20K five years later. Fair play to those on P&B on the megabucks but if I had the choice again I wouldn't bother with university.

If you are looking at public sector jobs requiring vocational qualifications to a degree level then 25k is entirely unremarkable 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Me en route to Manchester Airport in July, while Devi is telling everyone to create their own sunshine out of 11C sideways rain and gurning about the Inner Mongolia variant:

DLLyGZ.gif.0a687329b587465df5325d9d7d26aae6.gif

Another shree-and-a-half weeks of injecting Zubrowka into my eyeballs awaits, regardless of Clownshoes and Devi's mewling. 5jNkXKm.png

21 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Manchester is a nice airport to fly from. 
See this ‘no international travel because Devi’s scared’ approach. Absolutely get it to f**k. Im hoping to travel to the states in September, with Biden saying they hope to have all their population vaccinated into june then I can see no good reason why with me and the mrs being fully vaccinated that we can’t travel. 

As welcome as that vaccine news is, the simple fact is all the vaccines work against all variants in terms of keeping people out of hospital. We already know this, but it's not enough for the media and Helen Lovejoy's.

Manchester is a nice airport to fly from. 
See this ‘no international travel because Devi’s scared’ approach. Absolutely get it to f**k. Im hoping to travel to the states in September, with Biden saying they hope to have all their population vaccinated into june then I can see no good reason why with me and the mrs being fully vaccinated that we can’t travel. 
BBC News - English travellers face fines and losing flights without permit
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56295486

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

BBC News - English travellers face fines and losing flights without permit
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56295486

Aye for now, no one is saying travel right now, absolutely no single poster on this thread is arguing for that. Im talking about summer time when projections are that everyone will be vaccinated by one of our many highly effective vaccines. 

4 hours ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Didn't NS say in the briefing that they were expecting another supply issue next week?

3 hours ago, Elric said:

Sturgeon stated that there may be an issue with supply next week.

Apologies. You are both correct. I missread and it is NEXT weekend the numbers pick back up. Cheers.