Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

In what possible way is that not good.

If they turned it off as soon as restrictions are eased fully in June or July then businesses immediately will go to the wall as they won't get back up to speed immediately. Giving them a few months to ease back to full go and gradually bring people back whilst building up their capital again seems incredibly sensible.

Agree: was concerned when I saw 'until the end of September' but phasing it out from July when all restrictions should be lifted makes sense.

There's only so much wiggle room for Sturgeon to manoeuvre with that. Well, if she hasn't resigned by then.

26 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Concerned. That’s a free pass for NS to keep us in tiers until then. Fuxake. 

Suspect most of the tin foil hat brigade will be going off the deep end off the back of this post by the morning. 

Bear in mind as well, even most of those 122 hospital cases and 23 deaths will also be avoided after the programme is fully rolled out as the disease will have little to no chance of spreading amongst a majority vaccinated population.

47 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I’m no virologist but I’m fairly sure you can’t catch Covid over twitter no matter what the anti Bill Gates loons say.

she has no need to be wearing a mask in that picture.

ETA unless that’s really Val McDermid under that mask, in which case keep it on.

These people with masks on in their profile pictures really are for the watching, I could almost understand it during lockdown one when this was all new but it’s become such a “look at me, I am more responsible and selfless than you haha #covidiot”

I really wonder what they’ll move on to once this is over or if they’ll still sit and call everyone covidiots for mixing in the event of a Smirnoff variant developing in the boozers.

The decision was made early, especially with National 5s.
It'll be fine.  The kids will have lost about 8 weeks this session.  Courses have often been altered to allow for that though.  Rather than a fortnight or so after Easter before study leave kicks in, this time, seniors will remain in class until late June.  
A prelim in late April, followed by a final assessment in early June or thereabouts will allow it all to conclude fine.  It'll surely be better than last year when lots of teachers, faculties, schools and authorities proved they couldn't be trusted not to inflate grades wildly.

The thing that annoys me is this pretence at 'Blended Learning'.  That's not what will happen.  Kids will be given work when in class.  They'll probably be given further homework ahead of when they're next in.  They won't also get online lessons though, because the other kids will need taught when the first ones aren't there.  Otherwise, there won't be social distancing.
Sorting out the details of it will be a big headache for schools, but it's basically good news, even if my kid in S3 is less convinced.

The decision was made before the October holidays for N5 - yet some courses did not get amended assessments until the second week in December - that just isn't good enough.

Some courses will not have done any of the SQA official assessments - and they won't have to early June they have to sit them - fitting in moderation needs time - our LA expects us to have our final estimates done by 11 June - you are really looking at end of May at the latest. It's tight.

So the UK chancellor extends furlough beyond the date his own party have said restrictions will be a distant memory, and this is bad news because of sturgeon? Not at all surprising that he's not ditching it when they've said all social restrictions will go? Nah, sturgeon bad. Snp bad. 🤦‍♂️