Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, AllSaint said:

Will be accepting apologies in the form of fist bumps. 

I'm sorry for telling you to f**k yourself. I feel I've tried to be reasonable through this and when folk start calling you a moon howler because you don't want tighter restrictions implemented it can rub you the wrong way, however I should've taken a step back this morning. 

Half the posters on P&B seemed to have had the vaccine. 
Either loads of people on here have underlying heath issues (possible, given it's full of Scottish football fans), or there are more old cqunts than I'd thought. 
Or both, for some of us..

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm sorry for telling you to f**k yourself. I feel I've tried to be reasonable through this and when folk start calling you a moon howler because you don't want tighter restrictions implemented it can rub you the wrong way, however I should've taken a step back this morning. 

tbh mate, I was just thinking last night, if anyone's mental health isn't in a great place, this thread probably isn't the best place to be. 

Covid has such a big effect on folk that it can get pretty grim and confrontational in here (me included) and the smallest bit of bad news snowballs and gets magnified so easily, and it's all too easy to take stuff personally, or blow it out of proportion 

♥ 

Edited by madwullie

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Apology accepted. To be clear, that’s certainly not what the moon howler comment was in relation to. The comment was mocking those who lost their fucking minds at a click bait article from the BBC which contained the grand total of zero new information that hadn’t been made public about a fucking week ago.

Disappointed to see the echo chamber in full tin foil hat mode today. I get you all want an end to restrictions (no, that doesn’t make a Tory) but losing your collective minds before actually knowing the facts isn’t going to do any good.  It’s funny how one post can set off a chain reaction of moon howlers completely losing the plot. I’d  bet a substantial number of those didn’t even bother to click the link and realise it’s an article written taking absolutely no new information into account. 
It was pointed before you posted that this was not new but regurgitated news.

19 minutes ago, madwullie said:

tbh mate, I was just thinking last night, if anyone's mental health isn't in a great place, this thread probably isn't the best place to be. 

Covid has such a big effect on folk that it can get pretty grim and confrontational in here (me included) and the smallest bit of bad news snowballs and gets magnified so easily, and it's all too easy to take stuff personally, or blow it out of proportion 

♥ 

I also think the opposite can be true. Some of the most positive moments I’ve felt recently have come after reading this thread. Today a prime example where the good aspects of what Sturgeon has said have been amplified to give people hope.

The news that all secondary pupils are expected to be back part-time by 15 March will have thrown a lot of schools' planning. .

Most were looking af Seniors being back 50% of the time - I assume they'll run with the blended timetables that were already in place.

I can see a lot of secondaries running Easter Study in an attempt to get pupils back on track for the mountains of assessment after the holidays.

Deadline for estimates is 25 June - most LAs will have an earlier internal deadline - in Dundee's case this will be 11 June. Given that assessment has to marked, internally cross-marked, and moderated across schools in an LA - this is going to be a tough ask.

21 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The news that all secondary pupils are expected to be back part-time by 15 March will have thrown a lot of schools' planning. .

Most were looking af Seniors being back 50% of the time - I assume they'll run with the blended timetables that were already in place.

I can see a lot of secondaries running Easter Study in an attempt to get pupils back on track for the mountains of assessment after the holidays.

Deadline for estimates is 25 June - most LAs will have an earlier internal deadline - in Dundee's case this will be 11 June. Given that assessment has to marked, internally cross-marked, and moderated across schools in an LA - this is going to be a tough ask.

We have already said we're not doing Easter school. I reckon our online engagement will be better than most schools in fairness. 

We were planning for S4-6 coming back on the 15th. The S5/6 have an exam timetable for pre-Easter, then a second one for mid/late May, with the S4 doing one exam in between.

I get the argument of wanting all the kids to have some contact back at school, but I genuinely think the S1 and 2 could have been left until after Easter. The quality of home learning stuff is about to get much worse.

8 minutes ago, RH33 said:

My kids school seem to have some of the p4-7 in in afternoon who were needing bit catch up.

Depending on your authority/school, I think there is some discretion as to what would be classed as "vulnerable" and whether or not they could have a hub place.