Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

Silly question maybe, but given there has been no mention of any possible change to the election date, why is it considered safe for hundreds of thousands of people to visit polling stations in early May when lots of other public places will still be severely restricted?

There has been a big push of postal voting which is good to see, everyone should consider if, you can still have the vote in to any polling station in your local authority not just the constituency.

Also councils are hiring more staff to manage the process so likely to see more polling stations and obviously the count it being delayed into the next day.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

This forum is somewhat reflective of a small, but not insubstantial, proportion of the Scottish electorate. On the whole, the forum is fairly strongly pro-independence and therefore contains many of the Scottish government's biggest supporters. If posters on this forum are starting to be concerned about the direction of travel, then I don't think it's unfair to assume that this sort of opinion is not isolated to P&B.

It was really just a tongue in cheek comment and not an effort at political commentary. I am in the demographic you mention in that I'm pro independence and been recently critical of the noises coming from government in respect of emerging from all of this.

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

P&Bs main players run this show

A handful of highers and the odd degree in history, astronomy and metalwork, coupled with years of having pointless arguments on P&B roundly bodying useless shit like dentisty, a philosophy doctor (whatever that is?!) and years of actual experience working in public health. 

P&b 1 - 0 Pandemic 

Played lads. 

Pick your heads up on the way out

Edited by madwullie

2 minutes ago, Shannon said:
9 minutes ago, super_carson said:
P&B is a key constituency.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a few MSPs, even a cabinet minister who likes football or Jason Leitch pops onto this thread now & again.

Here's a message for Jason if he does.

image.jpeg.af7f8e3dde4c8a4ed2999783eaf5f959.jpeg

7 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Silly question maybe, but given there has been no mention of any possible change to the election date, why is it considered safe for hundreds of thousands of people to visit polling stations in early May when lots of other public places will still be severely restricted?

By that time much more of retail etc will be open. Don’t know if it’s just where I am but I’ve never been in a polling station that’s had more than about three or four people in it at once. Even in 2019, when I was living down south in the centre of Cheltenham, it wasn’t particularly crowded voting there at peak time. The idea that polling stations could be superspreader hotspots in ten weeks time is nonsense IMO.

Sturgeon submission to the Salmond enquiry.
 "We all knew he was a pervvy old cünt from the word go and it's time he got the jail.
By the way, lockdown abandoned, see you all at the election."
If she throws in the first three rounds after lockdown on the SG, she has both my votes.

Just now, superbigal said:

Ms Sturgeon adds the average test positivity rate has also fallen and is now below 5%.

these are the misleading stats I hate.

It is below 4%

Just say it FFS

Is 5% not the WHO milestone number to get below that means you've got it under control?

8 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I'm a member (£1 a month, kerching) and shielding and got a letter and form yesterday to vote by post. 

Unsure if that's just because I'm shielding, or they're following the Democrats' example from the US and trying to up the postal vote. Can't remember ever having that stuff through for previous elections.

Unfortunately I filed it straight in the bin, so I can't check it to see what they're saying about electoral safety, but presumably some others on here will have got it too. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Is 5% not the WHO milestone number to get below that means you've got it under control?

Yes it is but why not say below 4% when it is below 4%.  Feck the WHO

Sorry Tom Baker & Pete townsend.

Edited by superbigal

5 minutes ago, Shannon said:
12 minutes ago, super_carson said:
P&B is a key constituency.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a few MSPs, even a cabinet minister who likes football or Jason Leitch pops onto this thread now & again.

I highly doubt that they do tbh.

On the off-chance though, I'd like to remind Gail Ross that I haven't forgotten about the time I let her out at the junction at the big Tesco in Wick and she didn't even acknowledge me.

4 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I'm a member (£1 a month, kerching) and shielding and got a letter and form yesterday to vote by post. 

Unsure if that's just because I'm shielding, or they're following the Democrats' example from the US and trying to up the postal vote. Can't remember ever having that stuff through for previous elections.

Unfortunately I filed it straight in the bin, so I can't check it to see what they're saying about electoral safety, but presumably some others on here will have got it too. 

Just said that postal voting was the safest way.

Ironically, though, you need to put your own stamp on the envelope, meaning I had to go out otherwise unnecessarily to buy a stamp, reducing the net number of unnecessary ventures out to zero.

I applied for a postal vote for no reason other than there is a post box 150yds down the street and I am lazy AF

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Just said that postal voting was the safest way.

I applied for a postal vote for no reason other than there is a post box 150yds down the street and I am lazy AF

I'd have to walk past my polling station to get to the postbox, so I'll just stick with the highly dangerous approach of being inside a room with about 5 other people for less than 2 minutes.

15 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Got my letter through the door to register for a postal vote so they are already covering this eventuality. It's not up to the government to postpone it anyway IIRC.