Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, super_carson said:

I know the levels will be adjusted, but given how much the SG are obsessed with elimination/eradication/whatever phrase of the month is I don’t think it’ll be drastically different.  

That said, given the kicking she took last week I’ll be interested to see what is put forward and the public reaction to it.

Maximum suppression is the latest spin I believe

20 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Level thresholds to be tougher...

I

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56237471

it’s back to a rather gloomy outlook for life north of the border, hopefully the vaccine continues to work.

If they are also going to be tougher on thresholds then they need to bloody well stick to the thresholds this time, not bin it a couple of weeks in.

You see this and sometimes wonder what the fucking point of the vaccine programme is. 

We are in a hugely better place than we were last year coming out of the peak and yet when you see things like that you'd think we were utterly, utterly fucked and the vaccine was miles away. I don't know how many studies we need showing the vaccines work and that they prevent serious illness before the message starts to sink in. 

Depressing. 

Edited by Michael W

On what planet do they think it will be acceptable to keep bouncing us around this utter fucking nonsense when the Tories are making it quite clear, indeed as Jonathan Van-Tam even hinted today, that they will likely be sticking to lifting essentially all restrictions in England by midsummer. There will be a mass exodus across the border. heh.png

I am an absolute seething, frothing mess at that article. heh.png

3 minutes ago, Elixir said:

On what planet do they think it will be acceptable to keep bouncing us around this utter fucking nonsense when the Tories are making it quite clear, indeed as Jonathan Van-Tam even hinted today, that they will likely be sticking to lifting essentially all restrictions in England by midsummer. There will be a mass exodus across the border. heh.png

I am an absolute seething, frothing mess at that article. heh.png

Will likely still be illegal.

Whatever shit Sturgeon is going to say in a couple of weeks, it had better be good. If the 'substantial reopening of the economy' she talked about at the end of April is even more soul destroying tiers than we had before, she needs launched straight out the door.

How can the SG expect people to take tougher tier levels seriously? We have vaccines which are doing their job (which we didnt have last summer), previous sticklers for the rules are now seeing what a shambles it is that numbers are low yet they still legally cant meet up outdoors with two pals to go for a walk. Its like NS is putting her fingers in her ears and blocking out the mood music. Still, when you can win an election regardless of what you do, why bother appeasing the proletariat 

11 minutes ago, Michael W said:

You see this and sometimes wonder what the fucking point of the vaccine programme is. 

We are in a hugely better place than we were last year coming out of the peak and yet when you see things like that you'd think we were utterly, utterly fucked and the vaccine was miles away. I don't know how many studies we need showing the vaccines work and that they prevent serious illness before the message starts to sink in. 

Depressing. 

Exactly. Vaccines, we were told were going to be our only way to achieve normality and things like attending sports, gigs the pub etc. Now we have vaccines we're looking at a summer on a par (or worse) than last years. Fcking mindblowing and I dont know why MSM reporters arent asking that very question. 

This is nothing more than the BBC making an article out of a table that's been available for a week.

It's nothing but clickbait.

NS's last comments were that she didn't expect to be more than a couple of weeks behind England. And those comments came after the document this data has been pulled from was laughed at.

Edited by Todd_is_God

It's also not clear what the actual restrictions associated with the new levels are. It could easily be that the new levels bear little resemblance to the previous ones - for example perhaps the new "Level 2" will be closer to the old "Level 1". The devil will be in the detail.

Can anyone see the levels system being vastly different though. I can't see ScotGov saying, we've made it tougher to get into the levels but we are going to relax things more in each level than they were before, that would defy the point in making them tougher. Also, can see it being a case of, if you go over the threshold for one or two days, areas are likely to face being punted onto the naughty step for a couple of weeks. Still another seven weeks of this shite to go, and you never know, we might see cases continuing to fall and we'll all get into tier 1/2, can't see it though.

29 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Maximum suppression is the latest spin I believe

It's quite amusing to see a Government go down the school playground route of changing the name of whatever game was used as an excuse to beat other people up and hope no one notices tbh 😂😂

10 hours ago, budmiester1 said:

Don’t know if I’m reading too much into this but the local football pitches have just been freshly marked out. Is it possible that the SG is quietly accelerating the ending of the lockdown or is it that the sports restrictions only may be getting lifted ?

You have reminded me that I went past Saughton Park the other day and the football pitches looked like bowling greens probably for the first time ever.

As others have said no word yet on what will be in each level and no word on what the areas will look like.

As it stands around a dozen LAs are already sub 50 or within 10% of it Scotland as a whole is racing towards sub 50.

I don't agree with the changing the rules as we go along but i dont know of its anything to be depressed by. By the time we get to April I can see the vast majority of places being well placed