Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Has Clownshoes blatant lying/misinformation been raised on here yet?

To coin a phrase, both clownshoes and sunshine girl have had recent instances of backtracking furiously.

Hopefully this is the start of them both being hounded by media and opposition while the SG start pushing them away.

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

It's the gall to claim that folk are missing the daily city centre grind and getting out for a haircut or coffee at their breaks.

I mean, I'm sure most folk would forego a fucking Starbucks if it meant having to avoid catching 3 or 4 subway trains to and from work in a mad 90 minute each way dash across the city every day at a personal cost of thousands of quid a year.

I'm lucky in that my own office is a 15 minute drive from my house but I certainly don't want to be going back to it any more than 2 days a week, simply because I don't need to. I can work with 100% efficiency from my own home and really only should be needed in future for meeting purposes (which I don't have many of).

These people don't actually live in the real world. The benefits of WFH outweigh the office 10 fold.

These things will be much more enjoyable if you're in the office a couple of days a week tops and would be even more so if you weren't limited to something stupid like a half hour for a lunch break.

27 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Deaths are one thing, stopping joe public going on holidays after "promising" is quite another.

Weird to refer to yourself in the third person here

42 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Has Clownshoes blatant lying/misinformation been raised on here yet?

*pretends to be shocked*

I don't see the point in the SG being slightly shifty with figures which were already very decent.

I certainly don't understand why a person in a non-elected, non-political role thinks it's ok to do this.

In the same way as when they misrepresented the recent reduction in vaccine supply, being dishonest with things that can be quite easily disproven isn't great for credibility.

Edited by Todd_is_God

ITV news goes on about the crushing success of the vaccine numbers and literally says 'well let's temper this by talking about the variant'. Cat well and truly let out of the bag on how these lunatics are treating the topic there.

A pandemic is not some both sides story in which you are obliged to treat 6 fucking cases of yet another bullshit variant as Equally Important News as objective facts that vaccines are demolishing the epidemic as a public health issue.

42 minutes ago, Left Back said:

To coin a phrase, both clownshoes and sunshine girl have had recent instances of backtracking furiously.

Hopefully this is the start of them both being hounded by media and opposition while the SG start pushing them away.

I still think they're in the SG ear. Read an article about an hour ago and Devi was saying the vaccine passport is the route the SG want to go down. Quite an odd cat she seems (and the bible basher)

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

It's the gall to claim that folk are missing the daily city centre grind and getting out for a haircut or coffee at their breaks.

I mean, I'm sure most folk would forego a fucking Starbucks if it meant having to avoid catching 3 or 4 subway trains to and from work in a mad 90 minute each way dash across the city every day at a personal cost of thousands of quid a year.

I'm lucky in that my own office is a 15 minute drive from my house but I certainly don't want to be going back to it any more than 2 days a week, simply because I don't need to. I can work with 100% efficiency from my own home and really only should be needed in future for meeting purposes (which I don't have many of).

These people don't actually live in the real world. The benefits of WFH outweigh the office 10 fold.

My missus feels this way - Her job is a full time office based role and being at home suits her perfectly as she’s got an office desk, computer etc all set up in the spare room whilst it allows her to be around for our daughter re school and getting stuff done around the house.

I’m in the opposite boat - Personally can’t wait until we’re allowed back out on site and into offices on “office days” as I simply don’t have enough space or rather don’t have a proper work space at home. I’ve ended up physically sore (neck/backache and a trapped nerve) from prolonged working from home sat at the dining table. The big wigs at work DGAF mind you. I also find it mentally and strangely also physically draining spending entire days working from a laptop/monitor. Is “Teams-fatigue” a thing? Training folk remotely has proved extremely difficult too.

In years to come I think 2020-21 will less likely be remembered for the coronavirus but more so as the year of “You’re on mute!” 

I remember posting about the death rate in Scotland last summer earlier in this thread.  To be fair to Jason Leitch, he did qualify what he said, going by the quote in the Sun, as referring to deaths 28 days after a test.

The Scottish Government, for all the hinting and drip, drip, drips from advisers and boosters in the media, have never had an elimination strategy.  They've never published one and have followed the same strategy as the UK Government, complete with the failings and successes we've seen from them.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I remember posting about the death rate in Scotland last summer earlier in this thread.  To be fair to Jason Leitch, he did qualify what he said, going by the quote in the Sun, as referring to deaths 28 days after a test.

The Scottish Government, for all the hinting and drip, drip, drips from advisers and boosters in the media, have never had an elimination strategy.  They've never published one and have followed the same strategy as the UK Government, complete with the failings and successes we've seen from them.

The article clears this up, though. Even going by that there was 1.

Nicola Sturgeon herself has said that they want to eliminate covid, as recently as an article published last Monday.

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

My missus feels this way - Her job is a full time office based role and being at home suits her perfectly as she’s got an office desk, computer etc all set up in the spare room whilst it allows her to be around for our daughter re school and getting stuff done around the house.

I’m in the opposite boat - Personally can’t wait until we’re allowed back out on site and into offices on “office days” as I simply don’t have enough space or rather don’t have a proper work space at home. I’ve ended up physically sore (neck/backache and a trapped nerve) from prolonged working from home sat at the dining table. The big wigs at work DGAF mind you. I also find it mentally and strangely also physically draining spending entire days working from a laptop/monitor. Is “Teams-fatigue” a thing? Training folk remotely has proved extremely difficult too.

In years to come I think 2020-21 will less likely be remembered for the coronavirus but more so as the year of “You’re on mute!” 

Is it that you don’t have enough space at home for a proper desk/chair or you just din’t have the desk chair?  They’re still responsible for your working environment at home if they’ve asked you to WFH.

my company gave us allowances to buy stuff and my wife’s shipped monitors/chairs etc. out to her from the office.  Haven’t spoken to anyone whose company hasn’t done something to fix wfh environments once they all realised this wasn’t a 3 week lockdown.

preferred my company’s approach tbh.  As I was well set up office wise already I spent all my allowance money on a 49” widescreen monitor for gaming.  Better than spending it on anything work related.