Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, RH33 said:

So over a week after my care home resident 98 yr old granny tested positive, she remains asymptomatic.

Trident landing on Invergordon wouldn’t take her out!

Hopefully she stays that way then and recovers with no issues, despite having no Covid effects anyway. 

Whilst talking about Gran’s, after a long drawn out pile of pish excuses from the local health services and a worryingly long delay, my own 93 year old Gran finally got given the vaccine earlier this week.

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

You can fail to attend your GP for 30 years and still be registered.

I had my 1st Pfizer jab at Ayr hospital in January through delivering prescriptions part time for a local pharmacy. Would this info have been notified to my GP despite not being asked for details of my GP? Just wondering in case GP puts me forward for jabs when age comes into play.

8 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Hopefully she stays that way then and recovers with no issues, despite having no Covid effects anyway. 

Whilst talking about Gran’s, after a long drawn out pile of pish excuses from the local health services and a worryingly long delay, my own 93 year old Gran finally got given the vaccine earlier this week.

She got her first jag before Covid got into the home. They went a year almost without a case which was remarkable.

42 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Was it a virus? Can any of the 7 who downloaded confirm? Only seeing it due to quotes otherwise I'd Report the post to the Site Moderators. 

Took the hit as I own a Macbook which is impervious to this shit and am still none the wiser what the effort was for

Zero chance of a holiday in the EU this summer at this rate.
As an addition hopefully Saints draw some non EU club in the 1st initial preliminary qualifying round of whatever Euro competition 5th in the league is going to get us . A few days in Kazturkazerbaijmenistan will be marvellous.

46 minutes ago, super_carson said:
56 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
Was it a virus? Can any of the 7 who downloaded confirm? Only seeing it due to quotes otherwise I'd Report the post to the Site Moderators. 

A virus you say? Better have lockdown just in case.

McAfee said to be deeply concerned about the P&B variant. Jason Leitch has sent them his CV

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I don't know what has happened in Czech Rep. They locked down before us last spring and it was a stricter lockdown with masks required on transport pretty much for the off. Despite having double the population of Scotland their total number of deaths was in the low hundreds all through the summer. f**k knows what has happened since October. They had 14,457 new cases on Thursday up from 11,657 a week earlier and they have 7,176 hospitalisations. Easily the worst numbers in Europe.

Non compliance due to mixed/muddled messages of a populist government, would be the simplistic response. 

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Vaccination data as mentioned now public.

What is incredible is the take up rates all exceeding 96% in the completed categories.

It will be interesting to see if we can get over 80% in the under 40s or 50s.

38 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
6 hours ago, Elixir said:
Get them fired straight into Covax where they will be widely welcomed as clearly continental Europeans largely want nothing to do with it. What an absolute shambles has been worked on this by Macron, Merkel, and others.

Zero chance of a holiday in the EU this summer at this rate.

Not really. Infection rates will again be very low over summer, and supply will increase. Also, many countries will be and are desperate to get tourism open, while others have already stipulated that proof of vaccination will mean there is no need to self-isolate.