Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Aye, my parents and all my aunts and uncles (as well as 3 of my cousins) are dead, but my outlaws and stepchildren and nieces and nephews and grandchildren (and great grandchild) are still living and when we're all jagged there will be some visiting and meals out and a baptism will have to be organised, too.

I can still vividly recall attending the funeral of a young girl killed in a farming accident. When I got home from that I gave the wee ones in our house a big hug. You never know the day or the hour.

Aye I realised this last year when my Dad died suddenly last year in late 50s.  Gotta make the most of life.

Not an excuse for poor German performance re vaccines but there was a scandal involving contaminated blood and HIV that is still raw. It's been suggested that there remains a real distrust and this explains much of the reticence. 

Edited by PWL

3 minutes ago, PWL said:

Not an excuse for poor German performance re vacinnes but there was a scandal involving contaminated blood and HIV that is still raw. It's been suggested that there remains a real distrust and this explains much of the reticence. 

It's the lack of discipline and organisation I find unforgivable.

Really hating the fact that the Tory govt are appearing like heroes in this vaccine "success".

I detest the Tory government but the supply and delivery of vaccines has largely gone very well. It’s pretty much the only good thing they’ve done in this whole shit show but there we are.

5 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I detest the Tory government but the supply and delivery of vaccines has largely gone very well. It’s pretty much the only good thing they’ve done in this whole shit show but there we are.

That's what I mean though. The utter mess they created shouldn't be forgiven or forgotten due to the vaccine rollout.

That's what I mean though. The utter mess they created shouldn't be forgiven or forgotten due to the vaccine rollout.
There will be a time for public inquiry chaired by one of their pals who will spend millions of pounds of public money dragging it out as long as possible to sweep all their indiscretions under a massive rug, but that time is not now.

This is a time to get the cigars out as the vaccines get this virus fired into the fucking sun.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

AstraZeneca and Pfizer deserve most of the praise rather than Boris and the cynical way he avoided doing care homes first so he could crow about having a faster vaccination rate than Scotland will be remembered by many. That decision cost lives and was made in the full knowledge it would do so.

It won’t be. But like it or not we need them to put an end to this shite and thankfully it seems they might be finally getting there. 

The enquiry will hopefully be useful in terms of better preparation for the next pandemic but in terms of getting someone to take responsibility Boris lied to the Queen and the Parliament and refused to stand down, the Attorney General refused to investigate contempt of court because it was the Sun Newspaper she also lost all credibility by defending someone breaking the law, Hancock was found to have acted unlawfully, Patel was found to have abused her staff all of which would have been issues serious enough to be chucked for all during the pandemic. There is a slim chance they throw someone under the bus but I don't think it will be particularly effective in a lot of people exposing their mistakes and then being accountable. And that's all before you look up here in sure a few people would have thought Swinney should have gone over the schools although obviously not as serious a breach as any of his Westminster counterparts.