Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Is that saying that 523 were admitted to hospital this week with Covid? 

6 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Says reported so I take it that means it does, many might only be in very short term for observation/oxygen.

Before anyone starts panicking about older, vaccinated people still being admitted It's worth remembering that it's people who have tested positive in the last 28 days going in to hospital for any reason, and that you can't get the vaccine if you have recently tested positive either.

It doesn't mean that the vaccine isn't stopping older people catching it and being admitted to hospital.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Well you are a diamond because its the norm in Glasgow. 

I think the below covers it quite well, it’s hard to appreciate the amount of responsibility people have from the outside. I work in a more intensive role, so have a lower case load and wouldn’t think about not attending if one of my YP was in crisis. Generally we’ll cover evenings and weekends if any YP we aren’t working with are in crisis. It’s not really appropriate for the police to be attending to a YP in crisis when someone that knows them should be. (Couldn’t tell you about the adult side of things though) Some of the social workers can have up to sixty cases, which is fucking obscene and makes it impossible to deal with everything. Same as every profession, you’ll get shite workers but generally I couldn’t envisage very many who would just pass things on to the police and tbh I think they would get shit if they did.

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

It can be astounding the strong opinions some on here have on here about professions whose reponsibilities, duties and pressures they have no fúcking clue about. My SiL is a Social Worker in Dundee - how she does that given the time taken to get to a call can leave little time to address any issues before having to leave for the next scheduled visit. She's shocked me with some of the cases she's had to leave to attend another call, knowing no-one else will be able to help before her next (10-15 minutes face-time max) visit. Not for a gold pig could I do what she does.

53 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Before anyone starts panicking about older, vaccinated people still being admitted It's worth remembering that it's people who have tested positive in the last 28 days going in to hospital for any reason, and that you can't get the vaccine if you have recently tested positive either.

It doesn't mean that the vaccine isn't stopping older people catching it and being admitted to hospital.

If it’s just everyone who’s in hospital for any reason (no differentiation between passing visit and long term stay) then I’m not worried at all. It just seemed like a high number of admissions in a week considering that it would mean more than half of the people currently in hospital with Covid were all admitted this week.

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:
2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Wife done (AZ) and now safely back on the tabs. 

She should light a cigar from the hob to celebrate.

Dont encourage her. Im trying to move her of Senior Service (no filter).

I got my vaccine letter today. I’m 40 no underlying health conditions, unless you count being a total shagger as an illness hahahahahaha, geddit?

very puzzled as to how I’m getting one so early but pleased.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Good to see a wee reduction in cases in Edinburgh. I wonder if the recent uptick was due to the cases being picked up in schools?

I had a wee look on the PHS neighbourhood map and the high cases have been in places like Broomhouse, Niddrie, Stenhouse etc. so there's possible evidence of the deprivation factor there, and within that there's a split of some clusters (e.g. Broomhouse, Longstone and Stenhouse and then Niddrie, Craigmillar etc.).  The rest of Edinburgh seems relatively stable apart from that.

Hopefully the increases stop now and it's just been a rough 10 days.