Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

You say they are utter nonsense, but they are consistent with the same data in England.

The bit in bold is a complete waffle completely unrelated to anything I said. The facts (as they have been for some time) are quite clear - the presence of age, and an existing underlying health condition massively increases the chances of death from Covid. Therefore it stands to reason that vaccinating those who are CEV & CV, along with everyone aged 50 and over, will greatly reduce the number of deaths from Covid. This is obviously good, and we should take confidence from the data so far that the vaccines will achieve this.

I don't understand the issue with saying that, and I challenge you (and @resk) to explain how anything there is covid denying, anti-mask or anti-lockdown.

Screenshot_20210225-235602_Excel.jpg

Things like hypertension(high blood pressure) is classed as pre existing condition which over 1/3 of the public has as well as things like diabetes over 10% of over 40's. 4.5% COPD over 40's . 7.1%  over 65 with dementia. It would be interesting to know what the % of older adults that don't have any pre existing conditions is .

I have no skin in the race as I live down South these days but given that, for all the different tone in messaging, the early stages in the roadmap are relatively aligned to the English plan, we could see something like:

Level 3 (From 26th April): 6 from 2 households outdoors, including in private gardens and outdoor hospitality venues. Non-essential retail, hairdressers and gyms open. Still no indoor household mixing. Can travel to other council areas.
Level 2 (From 17th May): 6 from 2 households indoors. 15 from 5 households outdoors. Indoor hospitality opens, as do cinemas. No overseas travel however you can travel to other parts of the UK.
Level 1 (From 7th June): 8 from 3 households indoors, no limit on outdoor gatherings. All businesses can reopen as long as 2m physical distancing can be enforced.
Level 0 (From 28th June): All legal restrictions on social contact lifted but still face coverings on public transport and in shops, mandatory self-isolation if you test positive or are contact-traced, etc

Although they plan to return to the tiers I think they will largely move Scotland down through the tiers in unison but will impose tier 4 local lockdown on individual council areas to stamp out sudden outbreaks, which would be what would happen to Falkirk just now if we weren't in a national lockdown anyway. 

Hopefully not. That level 3 is still fucking shite. If the numbers continue as they are for the next 6-8 weeks then there is no need to some areas to be thrown into something like the above

18 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If the Levels allow travel between council areas which have different restrictions, you definitely will see people going from council to council this time to take advantage of lower restrictions elsewhere.

High-flying Inverclyde held back by the barriers of plague-ridden cesspits Paisley and Glasgow smh.

Interesting that this morning they are talking about some chat coming from JCVI on how the under 50s vaccinations should be progressed. I'm assuming that they are expecting the supply issues to be resolved pretty soon if thats the case and the daily vaccinations numbers should start rapidly increasing.....well, hopefully anyway. 

You say they are utter nonsense, but they are consistent with the same data in England.
The bit in bold is a complete waffle completely unrelated to anything I said. The facts (as they have been for some time) are quite clear - the presence of age, and an existing underlying health condition massively increases the chances of death from Covid. Therefore it stands to reason that vaccinating those who are CEV & CV, along with everyone aged 50 and over, will greatly reduce the number of deaths from Covid. This is obviously good, and we should take confidence from the data so far that the vaccines will achieve this.
I don't understand the issue with saying that, and I challenge you (and [mention=63792]resk[/mention]) to explain how anything there is covid denying, anti-mask or anti-lockdown.

Screenshot_20210225-235602_Excel.thumb.jpg.6d01a77c8d2922d480da1292f5c05f46.jpg
I don't have the figures to hand, but the ONS weekly statistics split Covid deaths into those who had it written on their death certificate and those with which Covid was a contributory cause of death - IIRC it's around 85% are contributory.

Yes, these people may have co-morbidities but it doesn't mean they were at death's door from it - pretty sure that last I saw was an average of 10 years of life lost per Covid death.

Interesting that this morning they are talking about some chat coming from JCVI on how the under 50s vaccinations should be progressed. I'm assuming that they are expecting the supply issues to be resolved pretty soon if thats the case and the daily vaccinations numbers should start rapidly increasing.....well, hopefully anyway. 

I have heard this week of under 50s getting vaccinated in Angus. I assume some areas are just cracking on with it.

18 minutes ago, Matador said:

I have heard this week of under 50s getting vaccinated in Angus. I assume some areas are just cracking on with it.

I guess they will have a health condition that puts them into the 1-9 groups.  There are under 50's getting done on the Lothians but they are in the vulnerable groups (which has a very wide ranging definition).

Don't see why Angus has to wait for say Fife or South Ayrshire to catch up to proceed onto the next group, wouldn't make any sense. The SG need to decide who's next after the nine vulnerable groups very soon. I assume it would be continuation with age groups. 45 to 49 and 40 to 44 after that?
If this is the case then that region showing good initiative.

If other parts of the country haven’t completed more at risk groups then why would Angus have spare doses of the Vaccine?

9 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Don't see why Angus has to wait for say Fife or South Ayrshire to catch up to proceed onto the next group, wouldn't make any sense. The SG need to decide who's next after the nine vulnerable groups very soon. I assume it would be continuation with age groups. 45 to 49 and 40 to 44 after that?

If this is the case then that region showing good initiative.

Completely agree. Suppose it depends on how the vaccine supplies are being distributed to the health boards, is it by their percentage of population of the age group being covered at that time or is it as a general percentage of their board in the national adult population. If you can get more folks done then all the better.

Due to the population of Shetland, Orkney and the Western isles i've never quite understood why they didn't look to just get those places completely vaccinated asap to allow them to open up fully (at least internally)

8 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Due to the population of Shetland, Orkney and the Western isles i've never quite understood why they didn't look to just get those places completely vaccinated asap to allow them to open up fully (at least internally)

They should have been Tier 0 last year and they weren't.  I think that answers your question.

2 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I think when you look at how big the JCVI list is - it comprises 3.3m people out of 4.5m adults in Scotland - you see just how many people have “pre existing conditions”, including 1m under 65s who are “clinically vulnerable”.

A nation of puffing fat messes aka the sick man of Europe. 

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

There's no such thing as spare doses, they will all get used and benefit someone along the groups, the faster the better.

See there were doctors in America literally getting fired for jagging random arms with spare doses rather than bin them? Fucking arseholes. 

17 hours ago, Snafu said:

The Pfizer vaccine is the boss.

No doubt saved my mother's life and many others at the care home she stays. Everyone was vaccinated with the first jag back during the first and second week of January, the virus struck later that month. My mother is nearly 80, a liver transplant patient and has to take immune suppressants to stop her body rejecting the organ and was diagnosed with dementia in 2013 and moved to the care home in 2018. From what I was told she caught the virus and was asymptomatic and had to be isolated, quite stressful as she wouldn't know what was going on. A couple of days ago she got the all clear and is now zipping about the rooms and corridors with her frame, enjoying tea and cake with her friends, chatting and happy, almost back to normal life.

The carer I spoke to yesterday talked about that they are due to get their second jag very soon. :thumsup2

So relieved and happy right now, its like a nightmare that has passed.

This vaccine of Pfizer if it can do this for the most vulnerable people to the virus, .......I mean I'm amazed how effective it is after all everyone has been put through over the last year, there is a light, an end in sight.

Get everyone vaccinated and put an end to this lockdown and the fear factory madness.

Pfizer vaccine cigars this vaccination, looks like the AZ does too.

When are the pubs open?

This f****** thread.

And then you get posts like this. 👍

I guess they will have a health condition that puts them into the 1-9 groups.  There are under 50's getting done on the Lothians but they are in the vulnerable groups (which has a very wide ranging definition).

If other parts of the country haven’t completed more at risk groups then why would Angus have spare doses of the Vaccine?
Angus are firing into the under 50s with relevant health conditions. My OH is getting hers on Saturday morning. She's got a long term brain injury so I assume it falls under the Neurological Conditions category.

I thought they had an underlying condition but apparently not. I am in the 40-50 group and will be travelling back abroad to work once the secondary schools are back so have a vested interest in this. I’m not getting my hopes up but this occurred at the same surgery I am registered with.

15 hours ago, Legend55 said:

@Tynierose What the hell did you ban me for man? Was hardly spamming I only posted that some of the posters who post on here are pathetic because of the joke making when people are dying every day. THEN I only replied to the posters who quoted me. Never swore, never said anything out of turn. It’s just you trying to show you’ve a massive cock when in fact you’re a 2 incher who bans people for nothing. It’s like a bloody dictatorship in here, there’s posters who get away with murder but ONE person questions something and you don’t like it then boom BAN! Ban this account too for all I care just means you’ll lose an absolute LEGEND of a poster. You’re a fraud, banning me for nothing and trying to pass it off as spam. Bet your an SNP voter too, dictatorship there and dictatorship on here. 
b*****ds 

Edit to add I’ll just keep making accounts and I’ll follow you everywhere @Tynierose

Leave Mrs Mathematics out of this...