Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, DavidWatt26 said:
You’ll have to show your working for that one I’m afraid. I have no affiliation with Frank Reynolds. I only have 1 account I’m not sad like a few folk on here 

Minter

Sorry if I offended you when I mentioned people having more than 1 account 

10 minutes ago, DavidWatt26 said:

I find it absolutely mental and baffling to say the least that people are dying every single day (yes even those in their 20s and 30s more so) and there people on here playing the comedian trying to make jokes for a couple of “greenies.” 
It’s utterly barbaric and shameful 

Spoiler

6c837ec55e4b85e3352d53e05e46188d.jpg

Screenshot_20210225-172205_Opera.jpg

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I actually quoted the post of yours which i was replying to. Yes, you posted earlier about the NHS, but I was not replying to that post.

Maybe you need a lie down.

The post of mine you quoted was in direct response to the conversation about the NHS! I think you should probably be the one having the lie down. Maybe once you wake up you’ll have regained the ability to read and interpret the English language again.

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Yep, a wee lie down would do the world of good.

Before you go - I'm advocating (not proposing - unlike the Main Players, I don't believe I have any influence) that we move forward in a course which will in all probability fall between the two poles which most posters on this thread cling to as if their lives depended on it.

1) As I posted earlier, the NHS will always be at risk, Covid or no Covid, as long as the Tories are in power. It has long been a target for them, and anyone who thinks they will invest to ensure resilience after this pandemic is frankly deluded.

We'd have to define "absolutely minute", obviously. 2) This is a number which could be in four figures a day nationally, as we have got used to and now see as good news and perfectly acceptable. 3) It would be less than one (for me) were you to confine it to the immediate WRK family, comprisong 15 individuals over four generations.

Should we be re-opening society, backed by increased immunity and vaccines? Absolutely. Are we ensuring that we are doing this safely, and tackling potential problems before they occur? I don't believe so. Are the WM Government to be trusted to ensure normality returns in a timely fashion? Hell, no.

4) Importantly (imho) - am I feeling better or worse than a month ago? Much, much better. There is a shift in the balance of good news versus bad - mainly down to the vaccine. 5) I think the Lockdown has continued a few weeks to long as the WM Government didn't trust (or didn't dare to believe) the efficacy of the various vaccines. The plan they have come up with stil feels a bit fag-packety, and of course has that "no sooner than" get-out clause liberally sprinkled thoughout, but we do appear to be moving in the right direction. Balance between a desire for normality and a need to remain safe is crucial. Opening schools as the first step gives me cause for concern.

Anyhoo, stay safe and enjoy your lie down.

1) Yeah you hate the Tories, join the fucking mammoth queue on here, including me. Unfortunately though this is mewling drivel that is utterly irrelevant to the topic at hand. If the NHS isn’t at risk due to the impact of Covid, it’s opening up time.

2) Are you suggesting that once the population is vaccinated that there will be 1000s daily being hospitalised (or the slightly more realistic but still bonkers 1000+ people a day in hospital) from Covid? If so, you’ve lost the plot. 

3) Yeah, nobody wants their family to get ill. Fortunately though, emotional nonsense like this is ignored because it would be fucking mental to keep the country in lockdown for a single second longer than necessary to ensure that a single person doesn’t get a virus that won’t make them seriously ill.

4) Great stuff, glad to hear it.

5) I broadly agree with this, but it seems at odds to everything you’ve posted before, so I’m still not understanding what point you’re even raising. Even in the above post where you say 1000+ hospitalisations a day and that one person in your family getting ill is one person too many make it seem like you’re suggesting we are going to fast, but the above seems to contradict that as you’re saying it’s looking good and lockdown has lasted too long!

21 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

P.s what account do you want to keep this one or the Frank Reynolds one?

18 minutes ago, DavidWatt26 said:

You’ll have to show your working for that one I’m afraid. I have no affiliation with Frank Reynolds. I only have 1 account I’m not sad like a few folk on here 

I'm just here for the Tynie Banhammer. I didn't expect 18 minutes to pass.

22 minutes ago, DavidWatt26 said:

If you by wild coincidence have the same IP, it will be extremely easy to show the working

@Tynierose What the hell did you ban me for man? Was hardly spamming I only posted that some of the posters who post on here are pathetic because of the joke making when people are dying every day. THEN I only replied to the posters who quoted me. Never swore, never said anything out of turn. It’s just you trying to show you’ve a massive cock when in fact you’re a 2 incher who bans people for nothing. It’s like a bloody dictatorship in here, there’s posters who get away with murder but ONE person questions something and you don’t like it then boom BAN! Ban this account too for all I care just means you’ll lose an absolute LEGEND of a poster. You’re a fraud, banning me for nothing and trying to pass it off as spam. Bet your an SNP voter too, dictatorship there and dictatorship on here. 
b*****ds 

Edit to add I’ll just keep making accounts and I’ll follow you everywhere @Tynierose

Edited by Legend55

4 minutes ago, Legend55 said:

@Tynierose What the hell did you ban me for man? Was hardly spamming I only posted that some of the posters who post on here are pathetic because of the joke making when people are dying every day. THEN I only replied to the posters who quoted me. Never swore, never said anything out of turn. It’s just you trying to show you’ve a massive cock when in fact you’re a 2 incher who bans people for nothing. It’s like a bloody dictatorship in here, there’s posters who get away with murder but ONE person questions something and you don’t like it then boom BAN! Ban this account too for all I care just means you’ll lose an absolute LEGEND of a poster. You’re a fraud, banning me for nothing and trying to pass it off as spam. Bet your an SNP voter too, dictatorship there and dictatorship on here. 
b*****ds 

Edit to add I’ll just keep making accounts and I’ll follow you everywhere @Tynierose

Well that's one way to get on the better side of the mods.........

13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Yes. Yes it does.

Screenshot_20210225-180806_Opera.jpg

Cases are (largely) irrelevant anyway, it's serious illness and hospitalisations we have to worry about.

The above graph could also be caused by lockdown. Plenty countries are seeing cases drop like that without remotely having the vaccination program Israel have in place. If anything, I'd have thought it would be steeper. Their first wave dropped faster than that - although I suppose that could be due to the new variant that appears to be causing the drop of cases to slow here too. Probably a bit of both tbh

Edited by madwullie