Effectiveness of vaccine long term, unproven 
Effectiveness of vaccine without a lockdown, unproven 
Low levels of vaccination
Ability to spread the virus despite being vaccinated
Other countries behind in vaccination meaning we can't visit
Virus changing, some vaccines can cope. As yet unproven to an extent
Return of winter flu
Nhs overstretched, could happen again
All these things are relevant, just my opinion. Also the scientists who are seemingly separate from the tories told us masks weren't needed along with testing and crowds were OK. Forgive me if I'm a bit cautious, I know people are desperate I'm not trolling just being honest.

You might think you are just being honest but what you are actually doing is making stuff up and peddling it as fact. It doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things of course, but that's what you are doing

If there is major restrictions in the winter would you be willing to give £50 to an NHS charity?

I will do it if there isn't.

Just now, Donathan said:

Do you work for the Chinese government?

I can only speak for myself and my industry, but if I was sat binge watching RuPaul's Drag Race instead of working then it would be very evident, very quickly. I'm guessing in most industries it's very easy to see who is doing what.

58 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Precisely. And it's been mapped out over a period of months. It's a long way from telling folk they can visit other folks houses. Businesses all over the country and quite rightly taking this and using it to plan, because they need to use something to plan. 

I dont have faith in Boris Johnson, I have faith in the vaccines putting us in a place where any fucking idiot can see that the cost benefit balance of restrictions on daily life has swung to wildly towards cost and away from benefit that only a fucking moron would see the need to keep them. 

Like you, I have faith in the vaccination program (even if my arm is hurting like a bástard two days after jab #1).  I have absolutely no faith in this government to do anything in a measured and defensible fashion. The vaccination success really is a prime example of even a blind squirrel finding the occasional nut. And let's not forget - if this pandemic had hit five years later, that vaccination programme would be in the hands of the same parasites who have spent ten times as much fucking up Track & Trace as the yanks did getting Perseverance to Mars.

As for "only a fúcking moron", Johnson is the man who explained the benefits of cheap whisky to a Sikh gurdwara, and believed that Libyan business would experience a boost "once they clear the bodies off the beaches". His Foreign Secretary was unaware of the importance of the trade route between Dover and Calais. Oh, and my personal favourite- the treasonous witch of a Home secretary who trumpeted her success at reducing vehicle crime (when non-emergency travel was banned), shoplifting (when all the shops were shut) and burglary (when, y'know, everybody was staying at home). Only a fucking moron, indeed.

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I can only speak for myself and my industry, but if I was sat binge watching RuPaul's Drag Race instead of working then it would be very evident, very quickly. I'm guessing in most industries it's very easy to see who is doing what.

Well yeah, but in most businesses that would become apparent due to missed deadlines and lack of output, not through software monitoring exactly how many hours you spend working on the spreadsheets.

6 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

Donathan must work for The Cooncil or something.

Wrong. I work for a company who can trust me to meet my deadlines without needing to monitor my every keystroke.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

We also have a Prime Minister who insisted in December that schools were safe and allowed them to go back for a whole ONE DAY before deciding that they weren't safe after all and shutting them down.

We're now in a position where apparently they're safe again despite no pupils and barely any staff having received a vaccination.

A point I made the other day, when they had a clear fortnight to drive a vaccination program to cover all employees in schools. may not have helped that much, but certainly wouldn't have done any harm - and would have reduced the possibility of this grand plan falling at the first hurdle.

That fortnight is now ten days.

Unsure of the study as he hasn’t linked anything, but is this only people with two doses? Otherwise seems quite low.
Also it depends though on what demographic that 14% covers. If the 14% pretty much equates to covering the most vulnerable groups (which it should as that’s where vaccines are focused on) then it doesn’t really matter too much that younger people who might get a bit tired aren’t protected yet.
https://www.kmfm.co.uk/news/uk-news/covid-19-one-in-seven-people-now-have-coronavirus-antibodies-as-vaccine-rollout-continues/?cmpredirect

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Like you, I have faith in the vaccination program (even if my arm is hurting like a bástard two days after jab #1).  I have absolutely no faith in this government to do anything in a measured and defensible fashion. The vaccination success really is a prime example of even a blind squirrel finding the occasional nut. And let's not forget - if this pandemic had hit five years later, that vaccination programme would be in the hands of the same parasites who have spent ten times as much fucking up Track & Trace as the yanks did getting Perseverance to Mars.

As for "only a fúcking moron", Johnson is the man who explained the benefits of cheap whisky to a Sikh gurdwara, and believed that Libyan business would experience a boost "once they clear the bodies off the beaches". His Foreign Secretary was unaware of the importance of the trade route between Dover and Calais. Oh, and my personal favourite- the treasonous witch of a Home secretary who trumpeted her success at reducing vehicle crime (when non-emergency travel was banned), shoplifting (when all the shops were shut) and burglary (when, y'know, everybody was staying at home). Only a fucking moron, indeed.

Same, it's not that I can't separate the tories from the vaccine or science it's the track record of complete incompetence. I'm sure that things will get better quickly but putting dates and times on things is moronic. It's about 60% science 20% economic pressure and 20% cross your fingers

As seen before if it goes wrong it happens very quickly. Like in a few days.

I'm guessing that it will be swept under the carpet this time and it could be very dangerous. Denial and refusal to comply. 

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Grim, grim stuff happening a year ago 

Same people telling us everything will be fine now and people are lapping it up.

Yes our monitoring software likewise. No chance your getting away with that.

8 minutes ago, Paco said:

In what world is normal life with those interventions even remotely comparable to the last 12 months?

Because what you've described isn't normal life?

"Possible distancing from strangers" = social distancing = no live music events, sporting fixtures, nightclubs etc. allowed to function as normal = comparable to these last 12 months.

Edited by HibsFan

31 deaths of people who had tested positive for Covid have been registered in Scotland since yesterday. 

769 new cases (3.7% of tests) - 967 people in hospital (-51) - 89 patients in ICU (-4)

Figures again heading in the right direction. Really good to see the number of people in hospital now dropping below 1000 too.

37 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Effectiveness of vaccine long term, unproven 

Effectiveness of vaccine without a lockdown, unproven 

Low levels of vaccination

Ability to spread the virus despite being vaccinated

Other countries behind in vaccination meaning we can't visit

Virus changing, some vaccines can cope. As yet unproven to an extent

Return of winter flu

Nhs overstretched, could happen again

All these things are relevant, just my opinion. Also the scientists who are seemingly separate from the tories told us masks weren't needed along with testing and crowds were OK. Forgive me if I'm a bit cautious, I know people are desperate I'm not trolling just being honest.

Yes there’s your opinion and you being cautious, but then there’s also you firing off scaremongering, unfounded waffle.

31 deaths of people who had tested positive for Covid have been registered in Scotland since yesterday. 

769 new cases (3.7% of tests) - 967 people in hospital (-51) - 89 patients in ICU (-4)
Figures again heading in the right direction. Really good to see the number of people in hospital now dropping below 1000 too.
All the numbers heading in the right direction at the moment. Hopefully schools don't ruin things too much over the next few weeks.