Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Left Back said:

The woman who said she’d wear a mask for a few months to ensure she didn’t get covid.

Do these people have no actual awareness of how this virus works?

Govt messaging has been appalling tbh. Saw footage the other day (don't known if it was old but I felt it was recent) of Johnson wiping a fucking chair down ffs 

10 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Bojo has backed himself into a corner with his dates....petition going around to declare te 21st of june a bank holiday 

As much as Bojo is a clown and tories are scum I dont want him to be wrong or the SG, or anyone giving positive vibes in fact I want everything to go swinningly just so we have a life back.

This is no way to live and by the end of June we will have been living with this crap for 16 months.

There will be plenty of ammunition after this is over to put the boot into Johnson et al but I sincerely hope on this occasion he hasn't fucked it.

Bojo has backed himself into a corner with his dates....petition going around to declare te 21st of june a bank holiday 
Theres still a lot of folk going with "but Boris overpromises" and assuming his plan isnt happening. Boris has indeed over promised several times, always in rather vague ways. What they presented the other day was pretty unprecedented through this.

Theres no fucking way they let this particular cat out of the bag without knowing it was deliverable. They have all the data, the modelling etc etc. Way more than we do.The only explanation for this is that all of those at the table are in agreement that, to use the thread terminology, the vaccines are cigaring it and the protection offered supersedes any/all of the measures that are in place to the point of making them worthless.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Theres still a lot of folk going with "but Boris overpromises" and assuming his plan isnt happening. Boris has indeed over promised several times, always in rather vague ways. What they presented the other day was pretty unprecedented through this.

Theres no fucking way they let this particular cat out of the bag without knowing it was deliverable. They have all the data, the modelling etc etc. Way more than we do.The only explanation for this is that all of those at the table are in agreement that, to use the thread terminology, the vaccines are cigaring it and the protection offered supersedes any/all of the measures that are in place to the point of making them worthless.

Aye but Boris is a Tory, so therefore he MUST be lying :-)

I'm being sarcastic, but the pish I encountered when I flagged up Hancock saying we could be living with Covid in the same way we do with flu by the end of December (over 10 months away) did make me laugh.

I think this time, having been burned so badly with their predictions in the past, this plan is thought out and with the vaccines on the go, surely (hopefully) deliverable.

And for the avoidance of doubt, all Tories are cnts.

10 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Because they’re then more likely to get COVID and (both “therefore” and “also”) more likely to transmit it to others, including those who are vaccinated but for whom the vaccine hasn’t provided 100% protection against (a) serious illness (b) moderate or mild illness or (c) asymptomatic infection which can then still be transmitted again because, to go full circle, the vaccines don’t offer 100% protection against transmission.

Gosh, if only there were a smug p***k who pointed this out on Saturday. Oh wait.

"Both "therefore" and "also"". Fúck me, wee man, you really are back with a bang!

10 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I wouldn’t book a holiday to any destination that has mandatory masks outdoors, curfews, restrictions on hospitality etc
Why bother? I’d rather just wait till this is over tbh

Mrs WRK and I have agreed that we're going to explore parts of Britain we haven't visited for next two or three years. Covid ain't the only sand in the cogs of international travel, after all.

As much as Bojo is a clown and tories are scum I dont want him to be wrong or the SG, or anyone giving positive vibes in fact I want everything to go swinningly just so we have a life back.
This is no way to live and by the end of June we will have been living with this crap for 16 months.
There will be plenty of ammunition after this is over to put the boot into Johnson et al but I sincerely hope on this occasion he hasn't fucked it.

I’ve always maintained when everyone over about 40 has two doses of vaccine, and everyone under 40 has at least one, that’s the time to unlock pretty much in full. ‘Autumn’ was always the target for this so it felt like October at best, just in time for winter which could force real change onto Spring 2022. But recently that target’s been really pulled forward to mid-July and I suspect there’s some confidence it could be all but hit by the 21st of June. There is nothing else that can be done when the vaccines have been given to everyone that wants one.

I definitely don’t think 21st June will be met, at least not in the way everyone thinks it will. It’s carefully crafted wording around no restrictions on ‘social interactions’ but I suspect that’ll be contingent on lateral-flow tests, vaccine passports and probably masks/distancing from strangers where appropriate, which isn’t what people think when they see the words ‘restrictions lifted’. You can go to your maws, you can go to the pub without counting households, but you’re unlikely to squeeze yourself in to a packed city centre pub at 11pm without jumping through some hoops.

But regardless of that I don’t see a barrier to summer pints, virtually as they were in summer 2019. I don’t see a barrier to some crowds at the Euros. I don’t see a barrier to normal crowds for the start of next season in Scotland.

It’s going to be fucking great.

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They've promised absolutely fúck all, and there's no proof there's a cat in the bag. Again, "NO EARLIER THAN". Every single promise preceded by the latest three-word slogan, which allows them to open pubs in 2024 if they want, and say, "it's in line with the roadmap".

Also, his name is Johnson. Alexander Johnson. "Boris" is a comedy character, á la Black Mirror, who inexplicably actually got elected in the real world.

8 hours ago, The Master said:

The guy who’s worried about work from home going back to being some kind of corporate taboo has a point, to be fair, especially if the UK Government starts its “get back to the office” messaging again. 

I'll be happy to get back to the office. Definitely miss the social side and it's easy going out after when in the city centre. Granted, given my industry, a lot of folk will be wanted in the office, but it will be more flexible. Best of both worlds wins my vote.

8 hours ago, Elixir said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/33qv759mMrv7RWjc3cKbKfC/post-lockdown-anxiety-not-everyone-is-excited-about-restrictions-easing

I think the safest thing for people like this would be to just stay home forever, while the rest of us get on with it.

Some of those things are ludicrous:

- The one that works in a bar is probably just loving furlough and doesn’t want to go back to work
- “Wear a mask to ensure I won’t get Covid”... lol

But the one that was actually annoying was the one who said she basically didn’t want the world to get back to norma as she doesn’t like social situations with friends and family as they give her anxiety. One of the most selfish attitudes I’ve seen yet! That’s no problem, sit in your house forever then, but the other 70 odd million people in the country would actually enjoy seeing their family. f**k off.

15 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

"Both "therefore" and "also"". Fúck me, wee man, you really are back with a bang!

Of all the insults/digs you could choose to throw at Ad Lib, I don’t think “wee man” is the most appropriate...

29 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

There will be plenty of ammunition after this is over to put the boot into Johnson et al but I sincerely hope on this occasion he hasn't fucked it

Such as restrictions coming back next winter? I fucking hope not.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Of all the insults/digs you could choose to throw at Ad Lib, I don’t think “wee man” is the most appropriate...

You saying I’m fat, ya dick? Say that to ma face. Square go ya diddy!

Edited by Ad Lib