Coronavirus (COVID-19)

36 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Or... if it's at the discretion of the premises whether proof of vaccination is required or not.

I get bored repeating this, but...

Admission to any business premises is at the discretion of the business concerned. No-one has a right to buy anything from anywhere.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

If the SG were on top of the supply issue from the beginning as some people think they should have when Pfizer started producing it wouldn't have been unexpected, they would have known Pfizer would have a slow down to upgrade back in December. Unless Pfizer didn't tell them or any other government right up to the last minute that this was going to happen which is very possible. Pfizer were the first to distribute, they wouldn't want to look bad to their business rivals or the public or their shareholders, right at the start of the vaccination programs.

The Scottish Government have nothing to do with supply/procurement - just the distribution of what they are allocated the UK government.

So levels to be "recast " and there will be no blanket level 3 as appeared to be the case yesterday, some areas will go straight to the new recast level 2.
That should be good news for large parts of the East of Scotland - feorndibg on his thet decide what geographic areas will be.

LAs did not work last time because some were just too small and had significant with other LAs.

It has to be health boards with hospital admissions and ICU numbers being the main criteria.

On 22/02/2021 at 21:01, madwullie said:

He's a populist arsehole who bases every single thing he says on whether people will like him for saying it. Have you seen the footage of him literally telling people in norn irn to file any forms they may have to fill in after brexit in the bin, because there will be no forms, and he's the PM after all. 

Turns out there's shitloads of forms, but main thing is he got a few laughs and back pats on the night. 

c**t knew fine well how it would work. He doesn't give a shit, because when the lie is revealed he's nowhere to be seen. 

I find it unbelievable how the msm have given BJ and Hancock such an easy time of it in comparison to NS and the SG.

On Monday BJ told us all that his dates and relaxation of rules were "irreversible" but yet on Tuesday he told us "there would be no guarantees", I mean, what ?? Let's be honest, everyone knows he's just plucked random dates out of fresh air in order to tell them all what they want to hear. But of course he doesn't get slammed for this, just applauded in most media quarters.

You've then got Hancock just laughing off his PPE corruption and nobody bothers pursuing him at all.

As for the popular narrative of Scotland having draconian lockdown measures compared to England, again, what ??

Are we just going to continue to ignore the fact that our outdoor sports such as Golf & Tennis have remained open throughout where the English have been denied since December and are not being allowed back until the end of March ???

Obviously, none of this fits the "SNP BAD" narrative, especially with an election looming.........

As much as one poster states that the schools are "infection factories" it is clearly untrue, the graph below shows the period between the October holidays and Christmas where the schools were back full time but the tier system was in place with some area in a lockdown lite.  it shows the infection rate falling for the whole period up til around the 21 December when the roughly broke off for Christmas

So while schools may contribute a small part to the overall level of infection you could say that it is obviously not the only factor that drives infections.  Given the graphs it is therefore possible to have the schools open and control the infection spread with other measures and given now with vaccines available, we would hope, there is less pressure on hospitals.

345407210_Screenshot_20210215-1753252.thumb.png.1e4487a9105330bd1f7b6163ad170d2b.png

The biggest issue with schools was when areas had high levels of infection then community infection, when it made its way into schools, usually ran rife.

I know some said they should have gone to blended learning at that stage - personally the policy should have been to close individual schools if infections were a concern.

21 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Admission to any business premises is at the discretion of the business concerned. No-one has a right to buy anything from anywhere.

Not if their admission is demonstrably in breach of the Equalities Act, which a vaccine passport almost certainly will fall under until the entire population is offered it. 

I blame the press he was pretty clear but the press have ditched the "not before" bit and printed "get pushed on this day" of course his cabinet haven't exactly pished on the fires by telling everyone to calm down.
But you're right unless Nicola had an air horn screaming that pubs were open it was always going to be a bit of a "meh" statement she needs to provide clarity quickly but had positioned herself far better than Boris particularly by having the scope to move things forward I guess we all got a very public lesson on the professional differences between a Lawyer and a Journalist, one it is pertinent to add, was sacked for lying.
He knew exactly what he was doing.

The 21 June (midsummer) date gave the headline writers an easy day.

29 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Of course, the Government could always legislate against this...

16 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Only 1 jab from the Johnson & Johnson.  I'm in   #hateneedles

They're running a trial on a two dose regime as well. Will be a bit of a dilemma if it returns even better results, which you would expect given what we know of all the others.

School employees are not driving the numbers caused by infection factories - and those who are at risk will be vaccinated soon. The infections will be driven by the mixing of 20-30 kids indoors on an ongoing basis and then bringing it back to their household, and you cannot vaccinate children yet (which I find ludicrous, but here we are) to solve that problem. 
School opening should have been punted into the tier system like everything else. 
They are trialling AZ vaccines in 6-17 year olds.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-oxford-vaccine-to-be-tested-on-children-as-young-as-six-in-world-first-trial-12216667

Pfizer started their trials in the US 4 weeks ago.

https://www.healio.com/news/primary-care/20210128/pfizer-fully-enrolls-pediatric-covid19-vaccine-trial-with-more-than-2k-kids

Moderna are also trialling in the US.

Results from the triuals for Pfizer and Moderna are not expected until the late summer.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/02/12/health/covid-vaccines-children.amp.html%3f0p19G=0232

We are looking at session 2021-22 for vaccines for under-18s.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I want a categorical assurance that neither of the Johnsons in "Johnson & Johnson" is related to the PM before I trust this one

It's worse than that, it's Trumps former UK Ambassador "Woody" and his chlorinated chicken who is an heir to the Johnson and Johnson throne.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woody_Johnson