Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Ha ha ha ha, you're telling me this and not him.
Are you two not talking anymore?
Even so its not irrelevant because it all affects how fast we can get back to some form of normality in our lives.
In that sense no it's not irrelevant. My point was whether the dip was expected or unexpected was irrelevant, either way we can only fire into arms what we have supply wise.

Just now, The Moonster said:

This allows football teams to start training at that age group, socially distanced, as they were doing for much of last summer. I don't think it's that limiting. Outdoor non-contact sports like tennis and golf have already been available for people. 

They didn't have to SD last July through to end of Dec '20.

The point I'm making is that talking up the easing of restrictions in yesterday's roadmap is a little disingenous as its outdoor non-contact only. Under 12s have been able to do non-contact outdoor sport even throughout this lockdown. In a few weeks in Scotland that will be extended to u18s.

But the sports involved in that paramter are pretty few - particularly in Scotland where football and rugby are king. 

But as I said in my post, I'm buying into the plan and I look forward to the end of April

23 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

So levels to be "recast " and there will be no blanket level 3 as appeared to be the case yesterday, some areas will go straight to the new recast level 2.

Was that as far as she committed you would think that places won't be in L2. For too long either. 

51 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Aye, after I had a stroke in September 2019, my recovery wasn't good enough to fulfill the more physical (enjoyable)parts of the Officer role. The Governor regraded (downgraded) me to Support Grade. Fortunately, my H&S work and qualifications made me a good fit to cover a long term absence, at a better pay grade, at a different nick*. That absence has become a vacancy, so just waiting for the post to go to interview now. Can't see too many others going for the job with Covid around, so hopeful it'll get firmed up. Weirdly, I'll lose money by getting it permanent, because I'm currently getting paid travel subs..
*Think Mulberry bush..

HMP Hunter Davies?

39 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Copied from Twitter, but encouraging numbers again today. Hopefully see the number in hospital drop below 1000 tomorrow.

798 cases (3.9% of tests positive)

1,018 in hospital (down 58)
93 in ICU (no change)

47 deaths

29,754 vaccinated in last 24 hours 

Care home deaths have fallen 69% in past 4 weeks

These are again very encouraging numbers. Good to see.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
5 minutes ago, 101 said:
Was that as far as she committed you would think that places won't be in L2. For too long either. 

It's difficult to tell until the new "recast" level restrictions are revealed.

Yeh hopefully the new L2 is more like L1 and L1 is more like 0 and the new 0 really is or as close to 0 as we can, i.e continuation of hand washing stations & testing of school children.

53 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Nicola sounding much more positive todayemoji106.png good hear her mention again a solid chance of things being sped up and also talking about moving through tiers relatively swiftly in May and June. Also a good explanation of why no end date can be promised.

something doesn't add up here.  UKG are saying 5 weeks between stages to allow time to evaluate the loosening.  SG are currently at 3 weeks and potentially talking about moving faster than that.  Are they doing no real evaluation or is Johnsons 5 weeks the ultra-cautious approach?

I got my vaccination today. The army were helping out. There were no queues and everything went swimmingly. It was the Pfizer vaccine they were using. The army guy said the next vaccination should be within 12 weeks and they can’t guarantee which manufacturers vaccine I’ll get next time but that it’s okay if it’s a different vaccine. 
As far as I was aware the trials of mixing vaccine doses have only just started so I'm not sure about what he told you there.

Yin and Yang

Asked about opening up for the summer, Nicola Sturgeon says she hopes to see the Scotland football team play England in June at Wembley but says she cannot give a cast iron guarantee that fans will be able to make their way to London.

Sturgeon tells today's Covid briefing she hopes that from the end of April onwards restrictions on travel can be lifted in parts of Scotland but says they may remain longer for international travel.

While the aviation industry is a priority and she wants to see people go abroad again, she warns there is a risk of allowing new variants to be imported into the country which could lead to another lockdown.

"No matter everything else we are doing right now we risk setting ourselves backwards and tipping ourselves into a third wave of this," she says.

Just now, Forest_Fifer said:
45 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:
I got my vaccination today. The army were helping out. There were no queues and everything went swimmingly. It was the Pfizer vaccine they were using. The army guy said the next vaccination should be within 12 weeks and they can’t guarantee which manufacturers vaccine I’ll get next time but that it’s okay if it’s a different vaccine. 

As far as I was aware the trials of mixing vaccine doses have only just started so I'm not sure about what he told you there.

Me neither. He said one of the other soldiers had had both vaccines. He didn’t say that person died, so that’s me happy.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Copied from Twitter, but encouraging numbers again today. Hopefully see the number in hospital drop below 1000 tomorrow.

798 cases (3.9% of tests positive)

1,018 in hospital (down 58)
93 in ICU (no change)

47 deaths

29,754 vaccinated in last 24 hours 

Care home deaths have fallen 69% in past 4 weeks

That’s us now down at 70% of the worst point of the first wave for hospitalisations and 45% of the same for ICU capacity, all whilst still in winter.

Vaccines absolutely cigaring it. Glorious.

8 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Yin and Yang

Asked about opening up for the summer, Nicola Sturgeon says she hopes to see the Scotland football team play England in June at Wembley but says she cannot give a cast iron guarantee that fans will be able to make their way to London.

Sturgeon tells today's Covid briefing she hopes that from the end of April onwards restrictions on travel can be lifted in parts of Scotland but says they may remain longer for international travel.

While the aviation industry is a priority and she wants to see people go abroad again, she warns there is a risk of allowing new variants to be imported into the country which could lead to another lockdown.

"No matter everything else we are doing right now we risk setting ourselves backwards and tipping ourselves into a third wave of this," she says.

tim.png

Get fucked, you scaremongering c**t. There is precisely no variant which is going to prolong the pandemic in any meaningful way.