Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Jesus man, your posts are so boring. Can you not take this shite to the Politics forum.

You can put me on ignore. If someone posts such cult like nonsense then I'll respond accordingly.

I also look forward to you calling out all the talk about Tories outwith the Politics Forum. 

I also look forward to all your riveting posts that nobody would ever describe as boring.

21 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The key for me is in a few weeks time when she breaks down the new tier system. One of the biggest frustrations from yesterday was that we were told that it’s a couple more months of lockdown-lite, but then everyone will go into tier 3 (but a modified version of tier 3, as the previous version would look well over the top if data continues the way it’s going).

The main issue I have with it is that the tier system was never a route to normality, literally the best we could get was tier 0 and that was well off normality, so the updated tiers need to have an end point that is genuine normality.

Tier 0 from the previous set up was pitched as “the closest to normality without vaccines”. Obviously that position will have to change.

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

I have managed to get my second vaccine brought forward a week and get it tomorrow.

My arm was rather sore after first one so expecting it to drop off this time around.

That would probably count as a work related injury so fingers crossed.

On the hand of your non vaccinated arm, presumably.

34 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I’m not sure she is wrong tbh. I don’t think that the public have been able to handle nuance well at all in general - the clamour to take Boris’ dates as firm opening dates kind of shows that. Business owners are varied members of the public like anyone else, some sensible, some are not so sensible.

We are currently justly experiencing a slowdown in vaccinations because of supply issues - it’s things like this that make giving firm dates a nightmare. Things happen. 

Aye it's the definitely public's fault for being too stupid to understand what the expert government officials have been trying to say to them all along. 

B4B69545-A189-453C-97FC-1DCCF933CE23.png.7604d4bf06687ba0612974bc06b69402.png

Spoke with somebody at work about if they were getting the vaccine or not.

They said no, which found a bit surprising but apparently they are vegan and won't take it as it has been tested on animals...

Any P&Bers abstaining on ethical grounds?

1 minute ago, jagfox BLM said:

Spoke with somebody at work about if they were getting the vaccine or not.

They said no, which found a bit surprising but apparently they are vegan and won't take it as it has been tested on animals...

Any P&Bers abstaining on ethical grounds?

That is fucking ludicrous and deserving of the Ad Lib treatment. That just screams of being anti-vax but without the courage to admit it.

36 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

You can put me on ignore. If someone posts such cult like nonsense then I'll respond accordingly.

I also look forward to you calling out all the talk about Tories outwith the Politics Forum. 

I also look forward to all your riveting posts that nobody would ever describe as boring.

I don't put people on ignore because I'm not a complete wet wipe. I had just noted you've made at least 4 posts since yesterday all of which could be boiled down to 'I don't like the SNP'.

I would not pretend that my posts are remotely interesting, so sorry to disappoint.

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
2 hours ago, Tynierose said:
I have managed to get my second vaccine brought forward a week and get it tomorrow.
My arm was rather sore after first one so expecting it to drop off this time around.
That would probably count as a work related injury so fingers crossed.

I had my first dose yesterday (AZ), and my left arm feels like it's just attached, not a functioning part of me. I'm glad I took a day's annual leave, because I think the 45 mile drive to work would have been problematic.

Are you at a new prison? I thought you lived next door to your work?

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don't put people on ignore because I'm not a complete wet wipe. I had just noted you've made at least 4 posts since yesterday all of which could be boiled down to 'I don't like the SNP'.

I would not pretend that my posts are remotely interesting, so sorry to disappoint.

I've posted in here being critical of the governments decision making and I've posted in the politics thread about the governments handling of the Salmond scandal...

All of which is fair criticism of the government, you can be reductive and boil it down to me not liking the SNP if you'd like but I'll take your criticism on board and try and leave the politics aside even though it is a fundamental part of the whole discussion in which everybody else is quite rightly discussing. 

57 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The key for me is in a few weeks time when she breaks down the new tier system. One of the biggest frustrations from yesterday was that we were told that it’s a couple more months of lockdown-lite, but then everyone will go into tier 3 (but a modified version of tier 3, as the previous version would look well over the top if data continues the way it’s going).

The main issue I have with it is that the tier system was never a route to normality, literally the best we could get was tier 0 and that was well off normality, so the updated tiers need to have an end point that is genuine normality.

And remember, Tier 0 was as low as Scotland could go without a vaccine. 

We have several that works so there is really is no excuse for more shifty shifty goalposts. 

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Improves the "forum experience" for me immeasurably, tbqhwy.

14 minutes ago, Snafu said:

If the SG were on top of the supply issue from the beginning as some people think they should have when Pfizer started producing it wouldn't have been unexpected, they would have known Pfizer would have a slow down to upgrade back in December. Unless Pfizer didn't tell them or any other government right up to the last minute that this was going to happen which is very possible. Pfizer were the first to distribute, they wouldn't want to look bad to their business rivals or the public or their shareholders, right at the start of the vaccination programs.

I'm not going to post the supply table again, but a 40% drop in Pfizer supply during the entire month of February was noted in the SG's vaccine plan released on 13th January.

It's complete revisionism to claim otherwise.

To further show this, by the end of this week, the SG had forecasted to have received just shy of 1.7m doses, of which just over 1.5m have been used as of yesterday.

There is no "unexpected" supply issue.

Edited by Todd_is_God