Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Domestic vaccine passports the lead item on BBC news.
imagine coming up to your 18th birthday, all your pals asking where are we going on the lash big man?  Nowhere boys, not been jagged yet, letter not arrived so staying in for a bit [emoji23]
The idea of adding vaccination status to the NHS apps seems a sensible idea, rather than waste money on a new system.

Bit worrying though that the BBC graphic for worship looks more like someone on a Sybian.

IMG_20210223_220955.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Domestic vaccine passports the lead item on BBC news.

imagine coming up to your 18th birthday, all your pals asking where are we going on the lash big man?  Nowhere boys, not been jagged yet, letter not arrived so staying in for a bit 😂

These vaccine passports have done lot of U-turns. The "no we wont introduce them/awk maybe we will" talk is dragging on longer than an Eastenders storyline 

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Things are getting heated tonight. 

As we are kept in Nicolas seemingly eternal perpetual state of lockdown Sundays have became Tuesdays.

I never realised that a right wing nutter such as yourself would be so interested in Venezuelan politicsmaduro-nicolas-image.jpg

Nicolas Maduro

For anyone interested, the full strategic framework can be found here:
https://t.co/Y63Woi4Ai0?amp=1
Note it includes this:
We appreciate that everyone in Scotland wants to know when things will feel more normal again and what “the new normal” will look like. 

Given the uncertainty that surrounds the virus, no-one can be fully confident about the answers at this stage. But looking to the future, we hope and expect that the vaccination programme will significantly reduce both the morbidity and mortality associated with COVID. New treatments are also emerging and will continue to be 
developed that may further reduce the direct 
harm of COVID. 

In the full course of time, these positive 
developments should mean that COVID no longer poses a serious threat to public health in Scotland. 

However, it is likely that it will still remain a 
public health concern: as a society we are likely to have to live with COVID as a permanent feature. 

And although we may have to make keep some public health measures in place, and be vigilant to the risk of future outbreaks, we can look forward to the general lifting of restrictions. 
Almost identical to the language used at the BJ briefing last night.

44 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Clownshoes must seem to think no deaths ever happen. 

Have you guys got a pact that you will refer to Jason Leitch as "Clownshoes" every time - a wee bit like Oliver Lewis' really clever idea to get Boris to continually call the SNP the Scottish Nationalist Party

No one wants to know what "the new normal" looks like, as no one wants a "new normal." People want to know what the path to normal looks like, as people living down in England now do.
I'm not comfortable with SG talking about keeping public health measures in place as measures such as mandatory masks and distancing are extraordinary measures that should only be used in extraordinary circumstances, not things that are normalised and can be introduced on a whim.
Were you comfortable with Witty, Valance and BJ using the exact same language last night. We even had a discussion about it. Kinda suggests to me if both UKG and SG mention it as part of their routemaps that there is every chance it's still going to be a thing. I also pointed out to you last night BJ using the phrase "new world"

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:
No one wants to know what "the new normal" looks like, as no one wants a "new normal." People want to know what the path to normal looks like, as people living down in England now do.
I'm not comfortable with SG talking about keeping public health measures in place as measures such as mandatory masks and distancing are extraordinary measures that should only be used in extraordinary circumstances, not things that are normalised and can be introduced on a whim.

Were you comfortable with Witty, Valance and BJ using the exact same language last night. We even had a discussion about it. Kinda suggests to me if both UKG and SG mention it as part of their routemaps that there is every chance it's still going to be a thing. I also pointed out to you last night BJ using the phrase "new world"

They didn’t.  I’ve just been through the transcript of last mights press conference.  “New normal”. Wasn’t used.

25 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Have you guys got a pact that you will refer to Jason Leitch as "Clownshoes" every time - a wee bit like Oliver Lewis' really clever idea to get Boris to continually call the SNP the Scottish Nationalist Party

I referred to him as Leitch earlier. When he does or says something extra stupid he gets his title 

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

You already get a drink and a snack with the one true faith 

Just highlights the nonsense that happens when a disproportionate amount of worshipers get into decision making positions, SAC has suffered from that shit for decades. 

They didn’t.  I’ve just been through the transcript of last mights press conference.  “New normal”. Wasn’t used.
Post the transcript for us save me going looking. We discussed it at the time no one involved in the discussion denied a phrase along those lines was used. It was new world or something similar. There 100% was a reference like that.

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
30 minutes ago, Left Back said:

See my post above !

I don’t need to read your posts again to appraise myself of their content.

I couldn’t care less what your political views are but making claims that are blatantly wrong when it’s so easy to fact check make you look as idiotic as Leitch and Devi.

56 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
For anyone interested, the full strategic framework can be found here:
https://t.co/Y63Woi4Ai0?amp=1
Note it includes this:
We appreciate that everyone in Scotland wants to know when things will feel more normal again and what “the new normal” will look like. 

Given the uncertainty that surrounds the virus, no-one can be fully confident about the answers at this stage. But looking to the future, we hope and expect that the vaccination programme will significantly reduce both the morbidity and mortality associated with COVID. New treatments are also emerging and will continue to be 
developed that may further reduce the direct 
harm of COVID. 

In the full course of time, these positive 
developments should mean that COVID no longer poses a serious threat to public health in Scotland. 

However, it is likely that it will still remain a 
public health concern: as a society we are likely to have to live with COVID as a permanent feature. 

And although we may have to make keep some public health measures in place, and be vigilant to the risk of future outbreaks, we can look forward to the general lifting of restrictions. 

Almost identical to the language used at the BJ briefing last night.

I could embolden two other places that would make it seem fantastically optimistic compared to Sturgeon's recent tone. Its trolling

For example the entire third last paragraph emboldened would completely shift the message. If I was doing in Todd style, I'd just use the last sentence from COVID 

Edited by madwullie

I'm obviously prone to paranoia but it's very convenient that the UK (the most docile population in the world) and Israel (majority of citizens in genocidal covenant with state) are going to be the first two countries to try this. 
I don't see the French, Spanish or Yanks being too keen on vaccine passports.

Curiously the French and Spanish already have national identity card schemes. People here seem staunchly opposed to them but happily tolerate far more CCTV cameras than our neighbours.

Why this is the case and whether we’re being more or less sensible or they are is an essay question that probably belongs elsewhere

SNP twitter appears to be in a slight panic tonight over some people expressing their displeasure at NS's statement today by daring to suggest they won't vote for her in May.

There's no doubt that when May rolls round, whatever NS said (or didn't say) on the 23rd of February will have next to no impact on the result of the election (that the election is so early on in the relaxation stage of the roadmap probably means that exit strategy will have little impact anyway), but it's perhaps a little bit of a wake up call that support for the SNP isn't guaranteed, and shouldn't be taken for granted.

Edited by Todd_is_God