Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I'm obviously prone to paranoia but it's very convenient that the UK (the most docile population in the world) and Israel (majority of citizens in genocidal covenant with state) are going to be the first two countries to try this. 

I don't see the French, Spanish or Yanks being too keen on vaccine passports.

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

To be honest, I'm thinking of myself and family here (!!), but was hoping that my son (6 yo) would maybe be able to get back to his football training with his local club (organised football). To me it seems that would be permissable in England come late March. 

In Scotland it would seem late April at the very earliest.

There's been a fair amount of stuff about how transmission outside is significantly lower, so I'm a bit surprised that 20 folk can meet up indoors in a church ahead of 10-12 kids playing outdoor football for an hour once a week. (IAdults should be able to play football ahead of churchgoers too I'd add)

I agree, it would be good to know the predicted increase on the R rate and comparable activities to communal worship, I don't think it would be particularly hard to find something that was a bit more accessible and relevant to most Scots without setting progress back, or maybe better still lump churches in with the rest of the easements.

Just now, Snafu said:

I'm needing a haircut now, not desperately like some seem to be on here but I'm now edging slowly towards wearing a hat indoors now.

Did you get clippers in for lockdown 1? Hopefully you get them in in time for lockdown 3 :lol:

18 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Bringing this back, she was asked directly by Baillie if she was going for elimination/zero COVID or suppression using test/trace/isolate. I took her answer to be that they were taking an approach of trying to drive cases as low as possible (rather than letting them “simmer” at a moderate to high level) via restrictions now until there were enough people vaccinated to basically do that job for us so we can open up society again. That’s not zero COVID by any stretch of the imagination.

Unless I missed something in amongst it anyway...

Yup, that’s how I took it too, I’m no supporter of her by any means but it’s no shock to see the media stretching the truth for clicks and do everything they can to make her looks worse than their pals at Westminster.

The Nippie Sweetie is going to re-open outdoor hospitality in the final week of April, which might, but might not be, as much as a fortnight after Boris the Bountiful lets a beer bonanza happen in Englandshire.

Sounds like a "papers please" Nazi state north of the border to me, eh lads?

No it isn't.
If you had a newly developed product or service that there is demand for (the vaccine) and a business plan for selling said product or service that showed £1m profit was possible by June 21st then you would be correct.
But you don't, so it isn't remotely similar.

Both statements are actually true - but at the same time completely meaningless

No earlier than is so open that they may as well have put no date.

And your example is crap as well - any business would put in an expected by date not a no earlier than date.

It's deliberate as well because there are a lot out there who will choose to see this as will happen by dates.

He really needs to hope he is not far from that date or it will come back to bite him on the arse.

11 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

The Nippie Sweetie is going to re-open outdoor hospitality in the final week of April, which might, but might not be, as much as a fortnight after Boris the Bountiful lets a beer bonanza happen in Englandshire.

Dial it down 10%, mate.

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

To be honest, I'm thinking of myself and family here (!!), but was hoping that my son (6 yo) would maybe be able to get back to his football training with his local club (organised football). To me it seems that would be permissable in England come late March. 

In Scotland it would seem late April at the very earliest.

There's been a fair amount of stuff about how transmission outside is significantly lower, so I'm a bit surprised that 20 folk can meet up indoors in a church ahead of 10-12 kids playing outdoor football for an hour once a week. (IAdults should be able to play football ahead of churchgoers too I'd add)

Give churchgoers footballers wages.

Enjoy your night mate..........

Ayrshire news site just posted the below as a summary:
- Current position positive and optimistic but must be careful 
- Travel restrictions set to remain for sometime 
- Set to move back to a level based system from the last week of April, Ayrshire should go back to level 3 from current lockdown on 25th April. 
- Last week of April (Level 3 and below) will include all Retail, Hospitality, gyms and Hairdressers 
- From March 15th next phase of School returns will begin including all primary years, and non contact outdoor sports followed by 6 people from 2 households outside.
- From 5th April the stay at home message is expected to be removed. 
- Essential retail reopening  for Click and Collect only and meeting with 6 people from 2 households could be possible indoors by Mid April but will be reliant on Data - Key date is last week of April for a much wider return to normality.

The bits I’ve highlighted in bold aren’t correct are they? If they are then it’s incredibly positive but I’ve no idea where they’ve got that from
The first bit in bold is correct but remains to be seen how open hospitality will be. More information is coming with regards to that, she did say they will likely be making modifications to level 3 over the next few weeks to give more details on what the levels will look like.

The second bold bit is not my understanding of anything that was said or what was in the old level 3 at all, but again, it may be something that they change given their previously stated ambition of allowing more normal family contacts first.

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

5th April, everyone over 50 better be vaccinated by then or else.

Most of us will be indestructible by then, not delighted we're not getting our freedom earlier due to all the unvaccinated under 50's.