Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, latapythelegend said:

Howcome? For highlighting your bubbling like a child because you have to stay at home a bit longer? Suck it up and stop playing the victim.

f**k up moron.

You don't start conversations with "Christ you're dense" and get to engage in serious discussion you idiot.

14 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

15th March non contact outdoor sports return for 12-17 year olds in Scotland.

And our kids' TKD class seems to think (they do say think) that 3 weeks after that they may be able to start adult classes out of doors. 

Scotland will ultimately follow England. There is no way in hell any political party is going to subject people to a lockdown when a) lockdowns are becoming incredibly unpopular, and b) the country right next door with almost identical data has taken the handbrake off.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

She will be planning the same as Boris but as I said this morning she would look ridiculous if she immediately changed tack after Boris's announcement. 

She will save face and do it gradually. 

I thought this too. Her next update will highlight the game changing data they weren't aware of and we'll follow England's route out.

I hope. 

Just now, Stormzy said:

f**k up moron.

You don't start conversations with "Christ you're dense" and get to engage in serious discussion you idiot.

"f**k up" is much better though. 

Honestly don't see what else you were expecting, nothing was going to be lifted any earlier. You're stuck at home like everybody else. Try and do something productive with your time instead of crying on a football forum. You're clearly seeing red mist and struggling.

14 minutes ago, 101 said:

Only organised sport in England can return on the 29th so you can't have a game of 5s with your pals.

Non organised sports like golf resume on the 29th March in England and are already open in Scotland.

Disappointing not to see contact sports return nevertheless.

Fives was defined as "organised sport" last time around.

6 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

The economy before all else, thats the tories.

Probably why there's 120k dead. Well no probably about it.

I wouldn't have thought 120,000 dead would be particularly good for the economy.

Unless you're a funeral director or a gravedigger.

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

"f**k up" is much better though. 

Honestly don't see what else you were expecting, nothing was going to be lifted any earlier. You're stuck at home like everybody else. Try and do something productive with your time instead of crying on a football forum. You're clearly seeing red mist and struggling.

😂

f**k up you moron. 

6 minutes ago, Steven W said:

To be honest, I'm thinking of myself and family here (!!), but was hoping that my son (6 yo) would maybe be able to get back to his football training with his local club (organised football). To me it seems that would be permissable in England come late March. 

In Scotland it would seem late April at the very earliest.

There's been a fair amount of stuff about how transmission outside is significantly lower, so I'm a bit surprised that 20 folk can meet up indoors in a church ahead of 10-12 kids playing outdoor football for an hour once a week. (IAdults should be able to play football ahead of churchgoers too I'd add)

Mate, young kids round here have been going to organised football training all through this lockdown. And it's clear on today's announcement that even 12-17 can train I think from mid-March? Do you mean it's a league club or something so they're not operating atm? 

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Fives was defined as "organised sport" last time around.

Pretty sure anything that involves booking a facility was considered organised. In the autumn we could organise a game of 7's at Ochilview but had to enter and leave through certain exits.  "organsied sport" is a very vague categorisation.

As people have said, the biggest frustration is the lack of clarity around what objective data is being used to determine the loosening of restrictions.

We have vaccine data and timetables. We have some data on the impact of restrictions. We have data on rates of hospitalisation and death of different population. Surely projections can be made about the expected transmission of the disease and rates of hospitalisation amongst the unvaccinated population should certain restrictions be lifted and a roadmap based on that?

26 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

My educated guess is that folk in these areas, particularly Keith where there's a much higher X per 100,000 than average, folk are thinking "we were Tier 1 before national lockdown, so it's not really a problem up here".  Basically once the guard is dropped, it's f***ed.

'Educated' doing all the heavy lifting here to cover for 'braying nonsense' in this post.

tumblr_mjdmj378H71s2e096o1_400.gif.2095586b09fd6834ba8eecd251f4ef90.gif

Not to be.