Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

So from the Bozo briefing. Schools are safe and transmission amongst pupils is minimal. Teachers are no more at risk than any other profession. Imagine if the likes of Swinney came away with stuff like that.....

There could well be an ongoing need for masks and SD every winter so measures in the bin by June is already err.... in the bin and absolutely no mention of a return to work despite being asked specifically twice..the work from home edict remains beyond his June nirvana !

As always the devil is in the detail. It's a good move to accept we need to live with it and ZC isn't feasible but behind the big populist headlines there were plenty glaring contradictions. There were even still references to new normal !

Err, there absolutely will not be a need for social distancing and masks every winter, that is just nonsense. Social distancing measures cripple the economy and we are not going to be doing that for several months, year on year. Especially once it is de-risked to the threat of any other respiratory virus we have always lived with.

There will no doubt be a lot of residual paranoia during next winter, but it won't be anything like what we have seen over the past year in terms of NPI's. Use of masks will also eventually be taken out of law. In subsequent winters, we'll be back to old normal, with some betwetters and sanctimonious, virtue-signalling types continuing to wear them.

Edited by Elixir

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Facemasks. Facemasks. Facemasks... it’s like if you’ve bought a piece of cheap polyester shite from a stall selling them in your local shopping centre, and slapped it round your chin while you saunter through Tesco, you’ve suddenly become an invincible superhero. Incapable of getting, or transmitting, anything. Scores of pensioners shuffling around with them hanging off their chin, not even bothering with their nose. Touching them, placing them on Costa coffee tables.... fcuk sake. Hygeine, washing your hands, distancing - all relegated to the seaside leagues as long as you have your facemask. Everything. Is. About. Facemasks.

As opposed to you thinking you were an invincible superhero in supermarkets, on golf courses and everywhere else without facemasks back in March and April?

Err, there absolutely will not be a need for social distancing and masks every winter, that is just nonsense. Social distancing measures cripple the economy and we are not going to be doing that for several months, year on year. Especially once it is de-risked to the threat of any other respiratory virus we have always lived with.
There will no doubt be a lot of residual paranoia during next winter, but it won't be anything like what we have seen over the past year in terms or NPI's. Use of masks will also eventually be taken out of law. In subsequent winters, we'll be back to old normal, with some betwetters and sanctimonious, virtue-signalling types continuing to wear them.
So I imagined Witty and Valance saying they may be required "come winter" ? It wasn't worded as every winter but it 100% doesn't mean all measures are definitely in the bin come June is what I'm getting at.

They definitely just did say it so you can't just rubbish it.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

So I imagined Witty and Valance saying they may be required "come winter" ? It wasn't worded as every winter but it 100% doesn't mean all measures are definitely in the bin come June is what I'm getting at.

I did hear it, and they have always talked about it next winter, but that is because there will be a lot of leftover paranoia and caution. It is still possible that deaths could spike again next winter, but it won't be anything like what we have seen so far, and will more likely be in line with bad flu seasons.

I have always maintained that, from this summer to next, life will start to recover and get back to normal, but it probably won't be until we get through next winter and into summer next year that the collective public psyche fully moves on for good.

Boris Johnson can go and f**k himself for a large number of reasons, including that he is a huge reason that we are in this mess so I'll not be up throwing the slightest hint of gratitude that horrible, fat c**t's way just because he  says wants to lift restrictions quicker. And that's if he actually delivers rather than just pandering to the masses before doing something completely different and much worse like he usually does. f**k him.

Edited by GiGi

I did hear it, and they have always talked about it next winter, but that is because there will be a lot of leftover paranoia and caution. It is still possible that deaths could spike again next winter, but it won't be anything like what we have seen so far, and will more likely be in line with bad flu seasons.
I have always maintained that, from this summer to next, life will start to recover and get back to normal, but it probably won't be until we get through next winter and into summer next year that the collective public psyche fully moves on for good.
I agree 100% but it's disingenuous for the PM to have a "measures gone by June" poster headline whilst somewhere underneath in the small print so to speak is "except possibly next winter"

Also his refusal to give an answer to an end of home working was a concern. It seems odd we could have the likes of Nightclubs and Pubs operating normally but he can't commit to returning to work premises. That just doesn't ring true to me.

15 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

As opposed to you thinking you were an invincible superhero in supermarkets, on golf courses and everywhere else without facemasks back in March and April?

Aye, very good. I thought I was an invincible superhero who couldn’t catch Covid? What the fcuk has a golf course got to do with anything? Turns out that so far, I haven’t caught as much as a cold. That’ll be because I obeyed the rules, have hardly done anything in nearly a year bar play some golf in the summer and did my shopping. I was open and honest about my shopping. When the shops we frequented were OK with us shopping as a couple - we did. In and out, quickly as possible. Since they tightened up on that, we have shopped alone. Been fcuking murder, I keep buying beer and bourbon. She’s not happy. Now, ignoring your shite snd getting back to facemasks... it’s seemingly all that really matters. The signs placed outside shops. The staff at the doors scanning for faces free of a piece of polyester shite. No-one seems to care about much else, as long as you have your facemask. Just my opinion. 

Edited by pozbaird

35 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I missed that. Who said that?

Won't happen anyway. Once they are gone they'll be gone for good.

15 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

They went on to say masks might be required in certain circumstances come winter, but he did not say anything about social distancing in the winter. They have said this will be reviewed when it comes to relaxing all restrictions. I cannot see them bringing back social distancing in the winter, when they will undoubtedly be trying to get the economy back up and running again from July. Social distancing in play wrecks a number of industries ability to perform effectively. 

I agree 100% but it's disingenuous for the PM to have a "measures gone by June" poster headline whilst somewhere underneath in the small print so to speak is "except possibly next winter"

Also his refusal to give an answer to an end of home working was a concern. It seems odd we could have the likes of Nightclubs and Pubs operating normally but he can't commit to returning to work premises. That just doesn't ring true to me.
Surely he is going to put that squarely in the hands of employers?

Surely he is going to put that squarely in the hands of employers?
There is zero mention in the roadmap and was asked twice but ignored / dodged it both times. Just seems very odd.

From Gov.uk....At this point, the Stay at Home order will end, although many lockdown restrictions will remain.
For example, you should continue to work from home where possible

Above is the only mention in the 4 step plan. They can't just keep homeworking as the norm forever. Remember this is Bozo who said we were all to get back to the office last year to save the sandwich shops !

25 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Won't be, though.

Not allowing myself to think too much about the 21st of June due to the track record of BJ of failing on dates over the last year. If it happens then great but just don’t see it. The rest however seems pretty sensible and cautious for him. Hopefully NS gives us similar levels of lifting the restrictions tomorrow but I’d be happy if there’s no dates mentioned at all really and it’s focused on vaccinations and hospital numbers, that way there’s less chance of being let down 

Devi in the Guardian stating no one now would be crazy enough to let Covid run through the population uncontrolled.

Given that 15 million people in the UK have had it and it ripped through care homes you've got to wonder what planet she's living on. No one ever said let it out uncontrolled, a lot of people did say let it quickly run through u40s and protect the vulnerable. Instead we got a never ending half arsed lockdown which didn't protect anyone. 

Edited by Detournement